Atlassian Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Atlassian Interview Questions

Interviews at Atlassian

1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

The interview consisted of three steps.

- First was an online assessment consisting of multiple coding challenges.
    - Second was a phone interview regarding mostly behavioural questions
    - Third is an on-site interview of 3 stages.

The three stages include a whiteboard interview, a coding challenge, and a behavioural interview.

Interview Questions

• For the whiteboard interview, they asked me to structurally go through any project I completed prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

I got interviewed for Atlassian Bangalore recently. First round was code pairing round. Here you will be given a Atlassian codebase and you have to fix bugs/add features to it. I could solve most of the questions but got a rejection because they were expecting me to use a predefined function which I didn't remember at that point of time so I gave alternate solution which works pretty well. Bad experience overall!!

Interview Questions

• Code base consists of Classes for User, Groups and their relationship.   Answer Question

Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter, had a tech screen, followed by an onsite. The onsite was not a great experience. It felt more of like a Frontend Developer than a Frontend Engineer.

There was 4 interviews in the onsite and each one felt awkward as the last. The manager at one point said to me that he accused me of reading off of a script or notes. It made me feel a bit disingenuous and uncomfortable.

There was no algorithm or leetcode questions asked. It was a straight up ES5 JS questions. During the implementation, I mentioned that I wanted to use a while loop, but he said that's incorrect and you have to use recursion for the problem. At the end, the interviewer muttered that I'm completely wrong in my implementation and when I mentioned that I heard that, he said that he didn't say anything.

The entire process made me feel terrible and I would not recommend an onsite process. The recruiter and tech screen were great people, but I did not get a friendly sense from the team.

Interview Questions

• Build an async method that calls itself n amount of times until success. Return fail if it could not succeed after n times.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian.

Interview

1. Interview with recruiter
    2. Zoom meeting w/ hiring manager
    3. Zoom panel interview (usually in-person but Covid)
        + 4 (30 Minute) Zoom calls w/ peers and managers
        + 1 (45 minute) Zoom w/ Values interview
    4. Recruiter called and let me know I got the job.

Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I first had a phone screen with the recruiter and then had a video conference with the hiring manager. I think the call went well enough to at least hear from the recruiter, but never heard back.

I would have expected more from a company with the reputation of Atlassian to not ghost candidates. Even if it ended up being a pass (which is ok) you need to provide feedback to candidates.

Desktop Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Atlassian in March 2020.

Interview

They strung me along for a few weeks, postponed a scheduled interview and wasted my time. They decided to go with another candidate and had the nerve to tell me to keep looking at their careers page for future job openings. No thanks, I accepted a job offer with another company already.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot an network connectivity issue?   1 Answer

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online through a recruiter for a contract role.

I got a call with the hiring manager who apparently put in his 2-week notice but did not disclose that I found out through someone that works there.

I had 4 more calls with people that were nice and professional but could not clearly state how the teams worked or the goals for the role, this was a maternity backfill, so it should have been pretty easy.

The feedback I was provided was that I did not have industry experience, but I have developer, SaaS and enterprise experience. Not only does this not make sense, but they don't seem to know what they are doing.

I really respect the products and company so perhaps the Jira team is going through some sort of reorg.

Enterprise Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process was really pleasant. There were four rounds

1) interview with company recruiter
    2) interview with a team lead
    3) interview with the enterprise team manager
    4) 2 hour interview broken up into 4 parts with various people in the company. Included a values interview and role play.

The recruiter at the company was very friendly and made sure the check in as much as possible throughout the process.

Product Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Put my application in online and was emailed the next day. Had a phone interview that week and then had a meeting over zoom for 30 min with my Team Lead/manager. It went well and I had a writing exercise to send in answering similar questions from the job. They invited me to 6 - 30 min interviews one morning. I was made an offer 2 weeks later. Everything felt incredibly comfortable and I felt like I was talking to friends. Best job ever!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you really struggled with and learned from in dealing with people?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial HR screening, one technical phone interview with two questions, and then two 45 minute back to back zoom interviews. The first being a talk with a project manager and the second being a project design interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structure and algorithm questions. One question had to do with making a list of all of the strings of n letters possible from pushing n digits on a telephone keypad.   Answer Question

Customer Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Atlassian in February 2020.

Interview

Terrible. The recruiter failed to call, despite my emailed reminder to her. Rescheduled call two weeks later only lasted seven minutes. Clearly just going through the motions. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.