Auto Trader UK Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Auto Trader UK Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Auto Trader UK

3.5

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Online application form, telephone interview, assessment day, 1-1 interview. The process lasted 4-5 weeks in total. It was challenging and a thorough process, but gives a real opportunity to delve into what you can bring to the role. The interviewers and HR were genuinely friendly and extremely professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked under pressure to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Auto Trader UK

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Quite a long interview process which is not particularly efficient:
    - initial call with a recruiter on experience - lasted about 1.5 hours
    - first face to face interview with 2 of the team leaders: presentation, role play, another interview on experience and an interview with a fellow account manager. For me this was the best part of the process because it really shows the preparation and motivation of the individual. It lasted about 4 hours
    - numerical reasoning and personality test - that part was a bit strange, never had it before in an interview process but fair enough. It went fairly well but make sure you prepare really, really well for the numerical reasoning test as it’s not easy. For the personality test there’s not much preparation needed, just honest answers
    - second face to face interview, this time with one of the directors- positive experience, we went through the results of the personality test and she also gave an explanation of the department structure. Again experience related questions. It was just an hour.
    - last face to face interview with another team leader and shadowing a fellow account manager. Overall it lasted about 2 hours.

At the end I received no offer and feedback that my commercial knowledge and experience were not good enough. Overall, I was a bit disappointed to have gone through all of these stages and at the end to get feedback which relates to probably the most important skill for any account manager. If they had doubts about that, then they shouldn’t have invited me for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you thought of a new process which was new and different   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Arrange a phone interview by email but they didn't ring on the agreed date. A week later they rang an rearranged. Interviw took place and I was advised I would hear within the week. 2 months later and I still haven't had a response (I'll assume I have got any further 😀). Extremely poor experience that doesn't bode well for what it may be like to actually work here.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very intense and there was several elements to the interview process - Face to face interview, Presentation and role play

All interview stages were completed by different sales manager which meant they would score me out of a number and at the end they would add everyones numbers up and they highest scoring people would be sucessful

Interview Questions

• Please explain when you have dealt with a difficult customer and what the outcome was   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK in August 2016.

Interview

This was an internal Account Manager position, the company are fantastic with excellent structure and values in place. However, I found the interview process very off-putting. The telephone interview went exceptionally well and the recruiter was really lovely. On getting through to the next stage this would have been a group task, role plays, presentation and 121 interview. This was not for me but if you have that drive then this would be an amazing job and company to work for.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Auto Trader UK in June 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Autotrader 1 month ago for an Account Management position and found the recruitment experience disappointing.

Whilst I'll acknowledge that my performance wasn't what it should have been on the day, I don't think it's remotely professional for the interviewer to call 25 minutes late, for the phone to cut out on 3 separate occasions and for the interviewer to be thoroughly disinterested by whatever I had to say. It was unprofessional and this hasn't happened to me before.

I then kindly asked for feedback to find that my email wasn't even acknowledged, and the feedback wasn't forthcoming. I understand that there are many applicants for a position but when I've taken time to apply and to be interviewed, a couple of lines of non-automated feedback isn't too much to ask for.

I've ran a successful consultancy business for 8 years and if I treated potential clients and clients like I was treated by Autotrader, I'd simply have no clients and/or business left. Whilst I accept there may have been better candidates for that particular position, I do expect to be treated with a degree of respect during the recruitment process.

I've been working for 12 years since I graduated from Uni and from my perspective, this was the least professional recruitment process I've ever been through. As a result of my experience, I wouldn't apply for any future position at Autotrader.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.