Auto Trader UK Interview Questions

Updated 10 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 72 of over 72 interviews

Recruitment Agency6%
3.4
HardAverageEasy

Auto Trader UK

Application

I interviewed at Auto Trader UK

Interview

First stage was an online application. Was followed up with a telephone interview where I was asked about previous experience handling different scenarios. They also ask what sort of clients you expect to have ie car dealerships etc

Interview Questions
  • What sort of accounts do you expect to deal with
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

There were 4 stages: 1. Interview with a Talent Partner 2. Technical Pairing task with a Senior/Lead Developer, observed by another Senior/Lead Developer, with the opportunity to ask questions at the end. 3.A longer interview with 2 Lead Developers with values based competency questions and technical questions. 4. A shorter interview with one of the Operational Leadership team.

Interview Questions
  • The competency based questions are focused on AutoTrader's values and you are asked to give an example of a situation where you acted in a way which displays those values.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

First stage: telephone from recruiter. Second stage: 4 hours interview including pair programming exercise. Despite sacrificing my time and attending the long drawn interview process. I actually never got feedback which is quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Interview process was straight forward communication throughout. Extremely helpful and welcoming people.The first stage was initial screening very friendly .Second stage was Java pairing exercise which was laid out nicely It wasn't much difficult and another pair was very helpful.

Interview Questions
  • Java pairing exercise with one company engineer and observer.

Auto Trader UK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK

Interview

Easy and straight forward application process. Applied online, submitting CV and basic details. Heard back within a few weeks with an invite to an online interview 1 to 1 with someone at Autotrader

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Auto Trader UK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK in Dec 2020

Interview

Mostly questions about motivations for applying, followed by an in depth question on the industry. The interview was a 1 to 1 virtual interview, very nice interviewer and left a positive experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Auto Trader UK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK in Oct 2020

Interview

Very well conducted interview process. First stage with HR to know about your motivation, expectation, etc. Second stage is a live pair programming interview followed by a feedback with software engineers and HR. After that, HR will tell you in private, without the software engineers, wether you are going to proceed to the next step or not, which is done on the same day, after a break for lunch time. On the next stage, they will evaluate how you fit with company values and will also ask some technical questions.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester, England, England) in Sep 2020

Interview

Online form, 1hr pre-screening call, and a 1 hour technical video interview. Refreshing experience, it was fun being interviewed and they asked some really interesting questions. Most importantly, they told me exactly why I didn't get the role and left me with actionable feedback - as they promised at the start of the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

Describe the interview process The first stage interview is much more friendly and with a professional in your sector. I felt the conversation was fluid and natural; however, we with it being remote, it did feel a tad impersonal. I prepared and researched beforehand, though, on the competency questions, I felt a bit 'tested', almost caught off-guard, which then made me feel pressured. The second stage was more challenging, as it was longer as well. It was a challenge to dedicate that much of time to the interview. However, Auto Trader where accomodating and understood the situation. I felt the second stage wasn't as smooth as the first, with different people coming into the call and only seeing on the recurring face it didn't help to make a real connection. Doing things remotely also made it feel not as friendly, however, that's not a criticism on the interviewees. The second stage consisted of a whiteboard challenge, which from my experience didn't feel like a whiteboard challenge. The problem was written out for me already, and that caused issues for me. My fault I didn't disclose I was dyslexic, and as much it's not a huge problem, I felt an immense pressure to read and do this challenge quickly. Due to it being remote, I couldn' draw well (which I understand isn't the issue), but you couldn't make out what I was sketching, so I felt the Type tool was of more use while talking about what I was thinking. I felt the interviews didn't collaborate into the discussions, so it felt more individual than a collaborative exercise.

Interview Questions
  • Do you think technology would have an effect on the automotive industry today?

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester, England, England) in Sep 2020

Interview

Process took 4 weeks, all virtual, involving 5 different stages, which were: phone screening, technical interview, technical challenge, values interview, and a one on one interview with an OLT member. Before each stage Auto Trader would provide me with documents which explained the next stage of the process, and what to expect. I received plenty of feedback after each stage from Auto Trader, which was very valuable in helping me understand my own strengths and where I needed to improve.

Interview Questions
  • Explain to me a time when you've worked on multiple projects at a time, and how you handled it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 72 Interviews