Autodesk Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Autodesk Interview Questions

Interviews at Autodesk

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

The internship recruitment was pretty standard. Submitted application online and received email from the recruiter to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. There were a couple of interview rounds with the team.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Friendly interviewer, the interview takes 1 hour. The interviewer is patient and kind, like we are colleagues and work something out. The recruiter is also nice and efficient.The Greatest interview experience I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• Design a foosball ranking system   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Rafael, CA (US)).

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with the recruiter followed by a call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was really impressed with my skills and wanted to immediately proceed to an onsite interview. The onsite consisted of 5 1:1 rounds all focused on my previous experience and some behavioral questions.
    The panel was really impressed with my background and skills and I received an email from the recruiter as soon as I completed the onsite interview (yes, the same day, like my interview ended at 11:30 and I already had an email in my inbox) that the feedback so far has been positive. I received an offer in two days and the comp was good. Overall the experience was great and the interview panel was really friendly and knowledgeable. However, I had to decline the offer since I had a better offer from another company.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were based on ASC 606 since it was a revenue accountant position.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk in February 2020.

Interview

If this is how they treat potential employees, I wouldn't want to be an employee.

Recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin, and I was eventually asked to complete a questionnaire/survey as a pre-qualification for a RD1 phone interview. I wasn't really looking for a new job, but figured 'why not see what happens.'

I passed that step, and was told the next step was for 2 phone interviews, one with someone in Novi and another in Munich. Then afterwards those teams would collaberate and decide if an in-person interview was warranted.

The recruiter asked me to provide time options for them to schedule the phone interviews, which I did.
    I then didn't hear back from the Recruiter until she sent out a calendar-meeting confirmation, at 9:30 at night, for one interview less than 12 hours before the actual call.
     In that same e-mail she asked also asking if an 11:30am on the following Monday would still work. I said yes to both, though I was a little frustrated with such short notice.

The next day I have the phone interview with the person in Novi, and I can say that it was an average phone interview process. She was clearly reading from a script and writing down my answers, and I answered everything as best I could. I didn't feel good or bad about this process, except it felt very robotic. The last question I asked, as I always ask, was confirming what the next steps were. She confirmed the next step was for my Part-2 phone interview with Munich on Monday, and after that they would collaborate and decide if they would bring me in for a in-person interview.

Monday comes, and I realize the recruiter never reached out with a calendar/call # for the 11:30am that she, I, and the Novi interviewer confirmed would be happening. I tried reaching out 2 hours before the scheduled meeting, then 10 minutes before, with no response.

It wasn't until the next day did she respond, apologizing for not sending out the invite, and then eventually scheduled a call/calendar invite for the following Friday.

Then the Thursday before the scheduled Part 2 phone interview, the Recruiter cancels it and sends me a poorly worded e-mail saying my previous phone interview "didn't provide enough details" and that moving forward with a second interview wasn't needed.

First, it wasn't a second interview, it was Part 2 of the first round of interviews that everyone confirmed was the process. Second, if I didn't provide enough details, wouldn't the Part 2 phone interview be the perfect opportunity to ask for clarification? And then third, why would Autodesk schedule and confirm this other phone interview and cancel it, with less than a day notice, deciding it wasn't necessary?

Overall, the entire process left a bad taste in my mouth. Like everyone, I've interviewed before and received rejections, but this was another level. Part of me feels cheated out of the full first-round interview process due to how poorly organized the Recruiter was, because if I had had the part 2 phone interview on the Monday that was planned, then this excuse of 'not providing enough details' wouldn't leave me so confused.

Just the poor communication, shuffling of expectations, and disorganization really turned me off to Autodesk. And if they jerk around potential new employees like this, then I wouldn't want to be an employee. Although, a lot of reviews on here already confirmed that.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Senior Project Specialist Interview

Interview

I applied online and got an email from a recruiter the next day inviting me to choose a date for a phone screen. After choosing a date for our interview recruiter got back to me saying that she needs to reschedule since she’s going on vacation. The only available spot in the calendar was 10 days after the initial interview date. It gave me more time to prepare for the interview, which I did while being on a vacation myself. On a day of the interview the recruiter was 10 min late and all she said was: « we’ve filled this position internally already, sorry forgot to let you know ». Oh, Autodesk, I really hoped you can do better than that. So unprofessional. I’m very disappointed the way Autodesk employees ruin this company’s reputation.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone screens with recruiter for one their businesses they recently acquired (pretty unprofessional person I dealt with) hiring manager, then given a task to sell their product (bad hiring practice); do a fake demo and they expect you to be a product expert. In the end they were looking for someone with more experience in a field that has little people with experience

Data Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk in January 2020.

Interview

Had about 4 interviews and 3 rounds over 1.5 months. And about 2+ months since I applied.
    In the end, the job was pulled out and I received an automated email saying that the position was canceled. Nobody from the recruiting body reached out personally. And this seems very odd and unprofessional conduct by such an established company. I was at least expecting a phone call after talking to the same people 2-3 times through the process.

Interview Questions

• Explain your expertise as a Data Quality Analyst   1 Answer
    • Gave me a scenario about interpreting a business problem where a Sales representative says that the Master data has a quality problem and you need to give them a solution.   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk in December 2019.

Interview

1. Interview with Senior Recruiter.
    2. Interview with Manager
    3. Interview with the Director of Sales
    4. Interview with the Director of Success
    5. Group Panel Interview
    6. Interview with a recruiter.
    7. Informed of the decision by email
    8. Followed up to get additional details which included education

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk in December 2019.

Interview

Too lengthy interview process. Had phone screen followed by HM round twice. This was followed by Onsite with 7 ppl. Post the onsite they were still not decisive and asked mee to have a follow up HM round. I have still not heard back from them on decision

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

Was reached out by the recruiter for this role. I had an initial video interview with a team member and was informed that they will reach out within a couple of weeks. Since then its been more than 4 months and I haven't received any response whatsoever. I tried following up with the recruiter multiple times but radio silence.

Now, on the careers site, it shows that the job has been removed and I still haven't heard back from the team. Its been one of the most horrible experiences I've ever had. At least, have the courtesy to keep the candidate informed about the final decision and an interim update while the process is on, doesn't hurt.

Autodesk needs to really work on their Hiring Practices. Disappointing.

Interview Questions

Autodesk Response

3 Dec 2019 – HR Leadership

Thank you for sharing. We’re sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. We’ve passed along this feedback to our interview team to further improve our process and create a better experience.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.