Autodesk Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor.co.in

Autodesk Interview Questions in United States

Interviews at Autodesk

2.9

Brand Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

I thought the interview process was organized well, with clear communication and timely responses. The HR manager did a great job setting me up for success. Standard tech format: a few single-person interviews followed by a "virtual on-site"

Interview Questions

• You are given a document outlining their mission and values. You're asked to use the STAR system to align your experience with their values.   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager (CSM) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

Extensive. You have to learn and present their product in a demo scenario. A great way to showcase your talents however I received great feedback and truly thought I was a shoe in. Then I get a email saying that they went with a different candidate. No personalization and to ask so much of a candidate your recruiter could pick up the phone and provide feedback. Be prepared to put a lot into it and get nothing out of it,

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

The interview was a bit strange. My interviewer opened with "I just want to tell you a little bit about the role" and then proceeded to tell me that they had several other candidates that were in final round interviews for this role, so right off the bat I was unsure why she was even calling me if they were already close to making a decision with some other candidates. She asked me some questions about my experiences as they related to the role, and that was it. I didn't get the chance to ask her any questions. She was a bit awkward and aloof. Several weeks later, I still haven't received a formal rejection letter from Autodesk, which echoes what others have said about never hearing back from them after the interview.

SQL Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Creek, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Autodesk (Oak Creek, CO (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

All three interviewers were very nice and started off with introductions where they told me about themselves. The interview was very conversational and they ask me questions like 'tell me about your self' and "how do you handle ______ situations." They asked about some projects in my work history and other data analysis related questions. They ended with a SQL challenge that involving a join, filter, and aggregation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Well structured Interview process.
    Was front end heavy even though the role was full-stack.
    Preparing Java Script Inter view questions will be useful. Review CSS topics too. Have a strong understanding about the projects you previously worked on.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of code debt and how to manage it?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Call from recruiter, manager then a screen with someone from the team.

I had to do this on two occasions for two different positions with the same outcome - they don't even bother sending you a rejection email.

If it is too much trouble to type a two line email, can't they at least send an automated response ?!

Not sure why after I had to spend several hours through the process is it so difficult for them to do at least that.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, about experience etc   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Novi, MI (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

What started out as a great interviewing process turned into a whack experience. Let me lay out what happened:

Applied online - contacted by recruiter - scheduled screening interview - completed basic HR screen - scheduled hiring manager screen - completed basic hiring manager screen - was told that a technical interview was coming.

This is where things get wishy washy. I was told by the hiring manager that a technical interview was “definitely” coming and then a complete 180 happened. Completely ghosted me in every regard. Things were going so well and then a complete halt happened. Well this is where things get interesting. I saw on Zip Recruiter that a Test Engineer position opened up as contract. I reached out to the contract company and confirmed that the Autodesk job did in fact move to contract. Then the position on Workday was changed from Software Test Engineer to just Software Engineer. Even though the position calls for mostly test. I’m a MSME and this was just weird behavior to say the least. I’m not sure what happened or why it happened, I guess it’s just business!

Interview Questions

• What programming languages do you know?   1 Answer

Autodesk Response

24 Aug 2020 – HR Leadership

We're sorry to hear about your interview experience. We've sent this review over to our recruiting team as feedback on the candidate experience.

Senior UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Met with hiring manager for 45 min, then 30 min recruiter call, followed by a presentation and panel interviews scattered over two days. I got great feedback from the interviewers and recruiter, so it seemed like I might get an offer. The interview process was fine, but what turned the whole thing sour was waiting to hear back on their decision. Even though the recruiter (and hiring manager at times) would check up on me weekly or bi-weekly, there was always a leading update, like 'you'll hear next week' (then no updates), or a nerve-wracking 'company is going through a planning exercise' (without giving me more insight into what that meant, or how it might affect my role. After 2 months of this dance, the recruiter finally told me the business decided to close the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle winning a customer on a technological future that isn't here yet?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Autodesk in August 2020.

Interview

Interview Proces had 5 rounds in total. Initial Recruiter round wanted to know about my background, some behavioral questions. Followed by Basic of SQL questions.
    2nd round was with the Hiring Manager where he deep dives into your past experience and project and wants to understand whether your goals align with the job description or not.
    3rd round was with Data Scientist and Product Manager for 1 hour. Data Scientist keeps asking about the technical approach for the scenario-based questions and some basic SQL queries and the Product Manager asks behavioral questions.
    4th round with another Business Analyst for 30 mins where they check your thinking process with respect to business sense.
    5th round Hacker rank-based SQL Test 3 questions in 60 mins with Easy(1), Medium(1), and Hard(1) level questions. After clearing all the round Recruiter said we cannot give Offer Letter at this point. Hiring Manager is not sure whether they are looking for someone to join at this point and they will go back and reassess the qualifications for this role. The recruiter was very helpful during the complete interview process and even after the rejection call she talked with me to clear my doubts.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

I applied through a referral link. A recruiter reached out pretty quickly and scheduled a phone screen. She was late for the interview and talked for over half of our shortened time. The interview went well and she told me that I was a good fit for the role and she'd be passing me along to the hiring manager. Then, nothing. I reached out twice and zero response from her. Finally, after a few weeks, an automated rejection message. All-around disappointing and inconsiderate of my time.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.