BASF Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 19 Apr 2019

2.9

Sort:

Continuous Improvement Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

Had to create a power point presentation describing your accomplishments. Only 3 of the 5 interviewer were available and unfortunately the person who understood continuous Improvement was not available. I realized my presentation was not in terms they understood. My accomplishment was about my A3 problem solving and huddle boards to understand metrics. I had to draw a huddle board to describe what it was and how a team would use it to understand how they did that day. I walked away wondering how/if they use data to understand where their problems are and how they use CI to solve them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a disagreement with a co worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BASF (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2009.

Interview

The process consisted of phone interviews, skills tests, and 2 in person interviews. I thought the process was well laid out for the most part. However, going from one interview to the next took a very long time. I did well on the skills tests and really impressed the interviewers. I did notice they had marketing materials out for those interviewees who were not prepared- FYI.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, I learned from my recruiter that I was competing with one of my colleagues at my present job who is not even 10% the candidate that I am. I felt that a company that can't see or evaluate talent right off the bat probably has issues in day to day operations. The other reason I declined was that the VP seemed to think that he was above all others instead of presenting himself as a team player. Our working relationship would have been strained if I had accepted. Weeks later I learned that my recruiter decided to not work with them anymore.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geismar, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Geismar, LA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Typical behavioral interview. Panel of three persons. They took turns asking pre-selected questions and taking notes. I handed them each a resume but I don't think they looked at it. They pretty much stuck to the script. Very few questions asked after I responded.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Associate Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BASF in May 2015.

Interview

There were several individuals which conducted the interview. Asked some questions concerning position and past experience. A bit of technical questions were asked for that specific position. As a means of seeing if you could perform you job properly. Gave a tour of the lab and explained what it was that they did on a daily basis.

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BASF (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through the career section of their website. I received an email from an HR rep to schedule a phone screening interview. It was a lot more than what I was expecting - basically 30 min of behavior-based questions. They told me at the end of the interview that I could go on to the next stage, which is a one-way video interview using this software HireVue.

It is awkward recording yourself on a webcam, but they (HireVue) give practice questions that I highly recommend doing as it can help you get used to the system, which is important considering they only ask 5-10 questions. The questions were general questions (why BASF, why this position, etc) and questions about my experience related to the position. There may have been a behavioral question or two in there.

About 2 weeks after that, I was invited to an on-site panel interview with 5 people. I was told that the questions would be behavior-based questions, but I’d say about 40% of my questions were technical.

About a week after, I got a call offering the position. I found the HR department to be very responsive. They reimbursed me for travel expenses very quickly, which was great.

LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Paterson, NJ (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview then a two day interview process. 1st day is networking and then second consists of 3 interviews. It forces you to get out of your shell and be a social butterfly. If you get to the two day interview then the competition is very tuff. They will fly candidates out for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to motivate a group of individuals that were difficult to work with. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BASF (Florham Park, NJ (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

The process was standard for MBA hires. I had 2 on campus interviews and then approx 6 on-site interviews with diverse members of the BASF team including HR. The company seems a bit stuffy but that might be very group specific.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

start date

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Columbus, OH (US)).

Interview

BASF visited my university and personally invited me to a dinner to learn more about the company. After the dinner I applied for the internship and was selected to interview a few weeks later.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Florham Park, NJ (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

The campus recruiter from BASF was very nice and and professional. The interview was conversation based, asking candidates how they would handle certain situations and to know how candidates have handled particular problems in the past. There was a greeter before entering the interview room, and I find that to be a bit awkward.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Sent in an app on their website. They sent a spam (no valid return address) email stating that they wanted to me to record a HireVue "one-way" interview. This struck me as unprofessional and really kind of creepy. I tossed it and have moved on to other companies.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.