BASF Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

BASF Interview Questions

Interviews at BASF

Technical Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

As possible as BASF Standard Process like Telephonic, Skype or face to face. Any one we are accepting 😊 for looking at suitable position/opportunity in Carrier at BASF.

Body shop -> Panit shop -> Pre- Treatment-> CED-> Sealing-> indor/ Outdoor. -> Primer-> Base Coat-> Clear coat -> 160/180 °C Bake . -> final assembly.

Interview Questions

• what about Painting process in OEM ?? what is physical Parameters of Paint??   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BASF (Baton Rouge, LA (US)).

Interview

There were two over the phone interviews. The second one was longer and more in depth than the first. No in person interviews were conducted. Simple questions were asked to get to know me, and I was given an opportunity to show my knowledge of the company through these questions. Getting to know the company is important in showing that you care about where you're applying.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

I talked to the recruiters at my university's career fair. A couple weeks later I had a phone interview. The interview began with typical behavioral questions and then ended with some basic technical questions. I've found with internships and co-ops at BASF that the interviewers are also the direct supervisor of the position. Because of this, everyone can be asked different questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a problem with member on a team, and how you overcame the problem?   Answer Question

QC Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

I applied through the web site. I had phone interview. Asked basic questions. But they were looking for a Chemist who has an experience in the QC lab. It was a good phone interview experience though.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ (US)

Interview

Phone interview then an in person interview. It was a finance role so wasn't very technical. Mostly basic behavioral questions and wanted to know about what specific classes I had taken at my school.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you worked with a team that didn't go according to plan?   Answer Question

PDP Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

pretty difficult, they will probe very deep into your resume to make sure you know what you're talking about. technical questions can get very involved, but you don't have to know all of them

Interview Questions

• Explain something from your resume. Then they ask you several followup questions based on that explanation.   Answer Question

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Iselin, NJ (US)).

Interview

Initial interview was done through a phone call. Primary screening of your resume- quick questions regarding instrumentation usage and research experience. If you don't feel comfortable with something on your resume... definitely don't keep it on there. This screening process felt like they wanted to get a feel for my personality and work ethic. The follow-up interview was a panel-style interview where three employees ask you various questions ranging from Human Resource based to actual chemistry pertaining to your research.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the situation if you were under a deadline for one project and were given an additional task that requires immediate attention?   Answer Question
    • Provide an example in which you personally applied creativity to your work.   Answer Question
    • Suppose you disagree with your manager on a particular issue- how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BASF in October 2019.

Interview

I applied for the Finance and Accounting Professional Development Program for the summer of 2020. They interview process overall went fast once they finally emailed me back. I think it was an email Thursday, a HireVue within the next few days, then they call me to set up a Skype interview on Tuesday of the next week. The HireVue mainly focused on questions about what I knew about BASF. I think I would have done exponentially better had I looked up random facts and history about BASF for 30 minutes before the interview, but instead I relied on what my engineering friends had told me about it. The Skype interview had one HR person and one Accoutant. They were both nice, but not super responsive at all. They said that interview was the final round which I found very unfortunate since I really enjoy getting to know more about a company from the interview process. I learned nothing from the HireVue and did not get many details from the two interviewers. I would ask them what kind of projects I would do and get a vague, "Oh it really just depends." I know that BASF is a good company, but I definitely think their interviewing process could be a lot better. It felt rushed and very impersonal for me. Also, I have not formally been rejected, but as it is over a month and I have not heard from them, I am assuming it is a no. I could email them about it to make sure, but is it even worth it?

Interview Questions

• What kinds of research have you done about BASF? Why would you want to work here? What interests you about BASF? Tell us what you think we do.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you (pick one: worked with a group, worked on a project by yourself, etc.) and had to get something done with a strict deadline. They asked a lot of basic behavioral questions, but specifically seemed obsessed with time restraints and deadlines.   Answer Question

PDP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF in September 2019.

Interview

Easy, behavioral questions only. The interviewers were very engaging and asked lots of follow-up questions. Be prepared to tell MANY different stories. They want a variety of experiences and the ability to talk about what you learned from each position.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you worked in a group and succeeded; in communication limit..etc.   Answer Question

Chemical Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peekskill, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BASF (Peekskill, NY (US)).

Interview

hiring event with 1-on-1 interviews first time. then a plant tour the second interview. you will interview after the tour and they will call you back if selected again. then you must pass a drug test and physical fitness test

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.