BNY Mellon Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

BNY Mellon Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at BNY Mellon

2.6

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

BNY Mellon made the application and interview process relatively quick and easy. The people I interacted with throughout the process we're all very helpful.
I was put in touch with a human resources representative via an old BNY Mellon employee. From there, I had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The employee was very nice and asked basic, yet thought provoking behavioral questions. He also briefly explained what the Summer Associate Program entailed.
It only took about a week to hear back from them after my interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in November 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me in early November after finding my resume in a resume book compiled by an investing club at my university. She called on a Thursday and my phone interview was scheduled for that Monday.

The woman who conducted my phone interview was in Investment Management, though I was applying for a position in another department. She was friendly and opened the call with a layout for how the interview would occur. She first introduced herself, explaining her background and how/why she ended up at BNY Mellon. Then she had me tell her about myself: my schooling, interests, and my experience at my internship the summer before. After this conversation, she started asking standard interview questions one of which was: "What is a project you have been working on recently?" I explained a project I was working on in a Strategy and Finance class where I was building out the financial model for the IPO of an airline company. Coincidentally, my interviewer was actually on the team that helped IPO this same company years prior! We were then able to talk more in-depth about that work and the different strategies and valuation methods I was using/could use in my model! It was a great conversation and incredibly helpful to the point where I was asking more questions than she was. I asked if she had more questions for me and we closed the interview with "Why finance?"

The recruiter who initially contacted me offered me the position over the phone a few days later after consulting my interviewer. She then set up a phone conversation with a woman in my department for later that week. This conversation went well and she mostly wanted to see if I would be a good fit, personality-wise, for the department and team I would be working with. I was a bit confused though because during this conversation, the woman used language to suggest I hadn't been offered the position yet like "If you have the opportunity to work with us this summer..." This was clarified by the recruiter later and I received the official offer shortly thereafter.

Overall, I had a really great interview experience. Everyone was incredibly warm, friendly, and responsive. The recruiter who initially reached out to me was awesome and answered any questions I had right away. The entire process was transparent and I got a true sense of why each person wanted to be at BNY Mellon.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a face to face interview followed by a second round of interviews which was done by phone. Overall, a pretty easy going process. All recruiters were very professional and kind.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the interview questions were made for specific situations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

the first round was your typical phone interview, asking mainly behavioral questions and some layup questions about why finance, why bank of new york, what you knew about the company, etc. Two weeks later, they brought me in for an in person interview, which took about an hour long, I met with about 3 different people that asked me a couple technical questions, asked me about some market current events.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

pretty standard behavioral, nothing too tricky. asked one question about market trends , first round was with HR and second round with manager and third round with higher management and team

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was really simple interview process, two rounds of interview in total. The company was still in stage of figuring out how to compete with other big names to lure talents. First round was a phone interview directly with hiring manager, then on site to meet the team. I would say BNYM is very selective on selecting candidates for interviews. Out of hundreds of candidates, only 4 were interviewed.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Had initial phone interview discussing my interests and background then was invited to the office to meet employees in Asset Servicing to go over my past experiences and determine which team to place me on.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Fairly simple - one interview with HR on campus, in person interview with hiring manager, super-day with hiring manager +3 other members of the team. HR one was a simple screening of background / experience. Interview with hiring manager went more in depth, asked case-related questions to the team functionality. Superday was a little more technical - asked to define / outline market research processes

Interview Questions

• What are your opinions on the current economic outlook?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villanova, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Villanova, PA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied for the internship via my school's website and the company's website. The interview was on campus and lasted about a half hour long . My interviewer explained how it was going to go down before we started, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• four questions pertaining to their 4 tenets (collaboration, execution, and I can't remember the other two). Last question: Why BNY Mellon?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villanova, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Villanova, PA (US)).

Interview

It went through my college. The first round happened on campus, and consisted of four general questions. It was one-on-one with an employee who attended my college. It was not very hard, and it only took thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.