BP IST Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

BP IST Interview Questions

Interviews at BP

3.5

IST Interview

Interview

I used Hirevue to complete the first round interview and this consisted of ten questions. The final round of interviews was conducted in Chicago, and you take part in an all-morning interview that consisted of technical/interactive tests.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BP

IST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Hirevue initial screening process followed by an interview at Houston which had case and group activity. The case was 1 on 1 and unexpected/difficult, group activity was a negotiation for oil supply due to different circumstances that had to arrive at consensus to be successful

Interview Questions

• Case questions about pipeline disruption, or market share for hypothetical firms. Not easy for a non-finance major or someone who wasn't expecting cases   Answer Question

IST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Hireview first round, on-site second round. The hireview really looks for whether or not you are an intelligible candidate who is capable of showcasing their skills while implementing the BP Values (Safety, Respect, Excellence, Courage, One-Team). The On-Site is a bit more behavioral and tests your thought processes and teamwork abilities.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked in a group environment. Did any conflicts arise? How did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

IST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through BP career matcher website. Had the interview on my college campus. Interview was really relax. Mostly behavioral questions. Be sure to have an answer for most of the general questions. Conflict etc etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone do something unethical?   Answer Question

IST Interview

Interview

Campus career services sent along my resume. Got an email requesting a phone interview. Hour long behavioral phone interview. Followed up for video interview, two on one, 45 minute behavioral, 45 minute technical. Called two weeks later to offer job. Relatively easy, friendly thoughout.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

IST Interview

Interview

Dropped off my resume at the career fair, got an email and scheduled to interview. 2 on 1 90 min interview, 45 min behavioral and 45 min case.

Didn't like the process

IST Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

campus recruiting - I had about a 2 hr interview with a technical and a behavior portion. Straightforward behavior part with an open-ended technical part.

Interview Questions

• They give you a scenario where they are producing oil somewhere, say the Gulf, and give you prices and associated shipping costs and you have to figure out what to do.   Answer Question

IST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The process takes long and they don't even provide any feedback, just a automatic generated email, which is not helpful at all. The interview is long and you would be interviewed by 2 managers in a meeting room at the trade floor. Anyway, no feedback is really annoying as you put so much effort for preparing the interview.

IST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bukit Merah, Central (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (Bukit Merah, Central (Singapore)) in November 2016.

Interview

1. Online submission of CV via their website
    2. Online aptitude test - timed but overall quite manageable and completed quite quickly
    3. Video screening - asked 4 questions with timed responses for each so you need a good gauge of when to wrap up otherwise you get cut off like I did
    4. Panel interview and trading simulation game - asked to prep a 10 min presentation with questions from the panelists after. Followed by the game where you have to track 'current news', your P&L, trading position, your opinion of whether it's bullish/bearish, current and highest price and other data that they quiz you on twice (in the middle and end of the game) (given paper to take notes but it's changes too fast)
    5. Assessment center - full day assessment

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.