BP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

BP Interview Questions

Updated 31 Oct 2018

3.1

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calumet City, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Calumet City, IL (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 project managers

Interview Questions

• what are your weaknesses.   2 Answers
    • why should i hire you for this position   1 Answer

Negotiation

It wasn't negotiable.

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me to interview with them.

The hiring manager was definitely not interested in me since I did not have the experience or pedigree he was looking for. Not sure why they brought me in for an interview.

Granted I had food poisoning the morning of the interview so maybe it was me?

Essentially it was a waste of time.

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (College Station, TX (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

It is long and informative, with both behavior and technical questions. It was a 75-minute interview as the first round, and the 2nd round was making a presentation about my research project. The first interview is 1-1 and the second interview is 1-2. I think the environment is friendly and relaxing, and the questions are pre-designed.

Petrophysicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP (College Station, TX (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

It was an on-campus recruitment. I met with the recruiters at the university's career fair. I also applied on the company's career website. I received notification for an on-campus interview in about a week. The interview itself was two part- the first part was behavioral, and the second part was technical. I received an offer within about 3 weeks of the campus interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions were centered around the company core values- Safety, Respect, Excellence, One Team, and Courage. I was indirectly asked to describe scenarios where I demonstrated these values.
      Technical questions included interpretation of well logs (mainly to test basic understanding of general petrophysics concepts), and some discussions on information contained in my resume.   1 Answer

Petrophysicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

I got first round through the University career website for the position of Petrophysicist/Well Log Analyst. I think their first round selection is completely random, as many of my friends with same profile did not get the interview call, while a few others (highly unfit for the position) got the call.

Well-Logging, I am good at it, so I analyzed the well-log given to me in the first round really well. The interviewer a Geologist asked me a lot of other clichéd-interview questions and I gave her clichéd answers.

I got a second round call. On-site interview, where I presented my research work (which is entirely unrelated to Petrophysics - as i said my first round selection i think was random). Also I was asked to comment on a geological formation (I had only one geology field trip in my masters).

The interviewer (a geologist) said, he thinks I did very well in geological interpretation considering my background in Geology. Another interviewer I think was not so impressed.

Finally after making me wait for two months, they sent me a standard rejection letter. I was extremely surprised as I had thought I did well.

A suggestion to International students pursuing Geology-Petrophysics-Geophysics, DO APPLY FOR PETROPHYSICIST POSITION in the future in BP, as they are always running short of Petrophysicist.

As I got to know from other friends, pay is awesome, near around 100,000 dollars. If you like well-logging and seismic interpretation, this is the place to be in.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Behavioral based interview. Interview team did not stray from a strict script of questions. Sticking to that format did not allow for personal interaction. Interview felt very clinical and lacked warmth.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked on a team and members of the team had different opinions about the direction of the project.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Online Hireview pre recorded video interview followed by office visit with office tour, meeting with executives, technical interview and group case. Dinner before interview day. Fly you out, pay for travel and hotel

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Warrenville, IL (US)).

Interview

The hiring process required one phone interview and one face-to-face interview in front of a panel. The face-to-face interview included more than 10 questions, one right after another. The questions were on personal work experience, and the related future role, which in this case was related to strategy. Case studies were used during the interview.

Interview Questions

• One question was on how depreciation expense affects the income statement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to increase my signing bonus a little bit by negotiating with the hiring manager.

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Wayne, NJ (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

While typical of HR-led interviews, it was a bit odd to have an interview that simply followed a checklist instead of encouraging a free-flowing discussion to see how experience can benefit company. Very little focus on what company can offer prospective employee. Do not seem open to different thinking. While not an awful interview experience, not very welcoming either. Terrible communications.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience satisfy our safety requirement?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlett, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Bartlett, IL (US)).

Interview

Mostly the manager telling tales to try to get me to work for him. There were no really difficult or nonstandard interview questions. Spend an hour with a book on job interview strategy and you will be more than ready for this.
    Have I met the 50 word minimum yet? How about now? How about now?

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.