BP Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

BP Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at BP

3.1

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP in October 2019.

Interview

Video interview followed by face to face. Process was pretty seamless as they were quick to let me know when I advanced and ultimately when I was no longer under consideration.

Interview Questions

• Video interview was behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BP (Baton Rouge, LA (US)).

Interview

University Campus Informational followed by Interview, Onsite tour and 3 part interview. Pre-screen,Technical,behavioral. very long wait time before hearing offer. Online application for consideration. Meet and greet dinner for candidates and recent hires for informal Q&A.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

My year was a bit different in that BP hired directly from the pool of intern candidates. My interview was in March, as the normal fall recruiting hadn't covered the needed number of summer interns. They emailed out in January saying that they would be doing an additional round of interviews, so I responded to express my interest. In the next few weeks, they sent out an invitation to come to Houston to do a site visit and interviews. I drove, but I know some people were flown in from out of state for the site interview Mon/Tues.

I'd assume that the recruiting team was more or less watching the dynamics of the group, who got along with others, what group seemed to be the most interactive, etc. Of the people in the interview process, I got to know a lot of the more outgoing and personable candidates, and I think most of us got hired (if that says something about personality that they look for.)

The actual interview consisted of two separate interviews. The first was technical, the second more of a softskill, tell us about yourself type.

The soft skills interview was pretty typical, tell us about yourself. I think anyone can pass any company's behavioral interview if they can interact well and know the principles of the company (ie, read the mission statement and core values!)

Interview Questions

• The technical question was about statics of beam loading (I'm a mechanical engineer), and I had fortunately just had an exam the week before about that. I don't think they expected me to pull out equations (like I said, I just had an exam), but the ability of just looking at a problem and coming up with reasonable expectations of "what is going to happen" and asking the right questions to get more info.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can't negotiate starting salary. Depending on who you sign with, there may be some flexibility with the signing bonus, but be sure you have a good reason to ask.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baku (Azerbaijan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BP (Baku (Azerbaijan)) in July 2019.

Interview

First welcoming, Introduction Interviewer gave question about all work and PR . I'm was answer all questions about works, PR, HSE . How many type have Gaskets

Interview Questions

• Mechanical drawing and ISO, P&ID, Flanges integration ,
      gaskets, HSE, Quality .   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

The technical interview was very relaxing. Two engineers tried to help as much as they could/ steer you in the right direction and were very nice. Never did I feel like they were trying to catch me out or see me fail. They initially told me about who they were and their roles within the company and then proceeded to ask me technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How to identify whether there was a misalignment problem with a piece of rotating equipment   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

I was interviewed by two BP chartered engineers at one of their UK offices. The interview began with self-introduction, followed by 10-15 minutes of questions regarding my 'relation' with engineering in general. This included questions of the kind "what subjects I like at university and why?", and some questions asking me to elaborate on my previous engineering work experience. After this followed the main part of the interview: questions about two engineering scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Scenario 1: Motor-to-gearbox-to-compressor transmission. Example: what could be the reasons for excess vibrations?   Answer Question
    • Scenario 2: Cooler/Heat exchanger. Example: reasons for why the exchanger might be under-performing?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

its a fair process with a mixture of technical and personal questions, with some technical specialisits such as senior engineers in the subject of choice, and then someone from HR who will tend to ask about soft skills. lasts about 2 hours and there are usually 2 main sections

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you have worked well in a team   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Hull, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

BP follow a very structured process, consisting of two on-line tests that I carried out on my computer at home, followed by two face-to-face interviews at the offices in Saltend, Hull.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online; process was fairly quick. I first had a telephone interview with HR, pretty standard competency. This was followed by a technical interview in Aberdeen. Asked me about university experience, then onto scenario based questions about wells, drilling and drilling fluids etc. Looked like they had about 5 or 6 scenarios to choose from but only gave 2.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't sure what to expect generally over complicated technical aspects when they were actually looking for much simpler answer relating to basic mechanics.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baku (Azerbaijan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (Baku (Azerbaijan)) in October 2013.

Interview

It was consisted of two stages. First behavioral and second technical by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What are your goal for the next 5 years and how do yo plan to achieve them?   8 Answers

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.