BP Petroleum Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

BP Petroleum Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at BP

3.6

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Anchorage, AK (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

1 hour skype panel interview with 3 technical personnel. Hiring manager was very efficient and got back within 2 weeks as promised. - A rare occurrence in today's industry.

Interview Questions

• Focused mainly on behavioral questions (STAR technique) related to BP's core value. Also asked three technical questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

I submitted my application online for a position in Colorado and I received notification through email approving my online application. The recruiter estimated that I need to wait for about 1 month for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• The email requested me to wait for further contact from the recruiter.   1 Answer

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BP in October 2013.

Interview

First Round of interview it was an hour interview with technical questions

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (College Station, TX (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

It is long and informative, with both behavior and technical questions. It was a 75-minute interview as the first round, and the 2nd round was making a presentation about my research project. The first interview is 1-1 and the second interview is 1-2. I think the environment is friendly and relaxing, and the questions are pre-designed.

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP in April 2019.

Interview

The first three stages of the interview were online. The first was a situational judgment/behavioural questionnaire followed by a skills test that tested reasoning, and problem solving skills etc. This was followed by an online interview with prerecorded questions asked by different people in the company. The questions asked about specific situations so be sure to think about some examples surrounding SCORE. There were about 10 questions. They didn't ask the typical 'tell me about yourself' and 'what's your greatest strength/weakness'.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the discipline you're applying for and why do you think you are qualified?   Answer Question
    • Describe a task you had to do as a group and explain what difficulties you faced and how you got over it.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you identified a risk, how did you mitigate it and what did you learn.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

Online application form, online tests (situational judgement, numerical and verbal), competency telephone interview, technical interview, assessment centre. I applied in October 2018 and reached the final stage in March 2019.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you displayed the value excellence?   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. Did an online evaluation test before being called in to an in-person interview. Interview consisted of behavior questions then a technical problem. the panel was three people.

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Firstly, there is a very detailed online application which sets them apart from companies that call you for an interview based on your CV alone. Once completed, it took about 2 weeks for me to get called for an interview. Since this was an internship position, the questions were personality based instead of technical. The panel that interviewed me was very friendly and ensured I was comfortable before they begun.

Interview Questions

• What are some safety measures you practice in your everyday life?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think working in teams are important?   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Very question oriented and focuses on how you can apply yourself to this company. You need to be very knowledgeable in your own field and be able to answer basic questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to make BP better.   4 Answers

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Sunbury, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

An all-day assessment centre. An initial telephone screening interview.

Interview Questions

• Assessment Centre involving: 2 x group discussions; personal interview; technical interview;   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate start date on graduate training position.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.