Babylon Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Babylon Health Interview Questions

Interviews at Babylon Health

2.8

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Babylon Health (New York, NY (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Very unprofessional and took forever. I emailed three separate people just to get an update about my interview and not one got back to me... that speaks volumes about your people and culture. You clearly do not care at all. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!

Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Babylon Health.

Interview

They were very clear about expectations and compensation for the role, and it was a refreshingly transparent interview experience. I received an invitation to set up an interview within days of submitting my application online.

Onboarding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Babylon Health (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

I had a 45 minute phone interview with a recruiter from the UK. She sent my info over to the hiring manager and she had me complete an assignment. After I turned that in the hiring manager scheduled a 30 minute face time interview with me. After that i interview with 4 of the team members over face time for 30 minutes each and the Recruiter got back to me the following week with the offer. Over all it took 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in the position?   1 Answer

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Babylon Health in March 2020.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by submitting a video response to clinical questions. I never heard back despite a follow up e-mail. This is unprofessional and likely representative of general discord within the company (see other reviews).

Advice to management: Get recruiters who care about their work and have protocols in place to make sure applicants are treated properly.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider when starting oral contraceptives?   1 Answer

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Babylon Health (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied via Hired in February. Had a chat with the recruiter then a video interview with one of the engineers. Was then invited on site in March where there was a series of 3 interviews. Hiring was then frozen due to March 2020. Recruiter emailed back in May and I had a chat with the Director of Engineering. An offer was extended two days after that.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Babylon Health (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

A Recruiter from the UK sent me an InMail on LinkedIn about the position. I read about the company and thought it would be interesting. And trust me, I did my research. I prepared myself using ALL job posting sites, their personal website - a couple of Podcasts that Babylon Health was mentioned in and so on. I had it ALL down.

I had an initial phone screen with the Recruiter in the UK just a couple of days later. We had a follow up phone call about availability - from there we set up a Webcam Interview with a panel of 4 managers - this all happened within 2 weeks.

The webcam interview panel consisted of Recruitment Management and a couple other Program/Project Managers (all from the UK). Each manager had a 30 minute interview with myself. We went over your typical Recruiter interview - what do you use, how do you recruiter, how do you talk to internal managers, what SOPs do you run with, etc.

Not only did I think I did well, but I received feedback from a couple of the managers saying I "did well" and even got the Approval of one managers - from his feedback he personally sent me.
    After the webcam interview - I was feeling great and sent follow ups to management (this is when they sent me back "we enjoyed your time as well" AND "you have my approval").

A week goes by, nothing.
    2 weeks goes by, the original Recruiter/my first contact - said, "hang in there we should have feedback soon."
    A month goes by, they still continued to keep me on the hook.
    Eventually they said - they do not know what their plans are for this position and as we can see A YEAR LATER this position is still posted.

Advice to Recruiters applying: Don't get too involved. Take the interview - but seems with management being in the UK a lot of things are lost in translation and they might be interviewing everyone under the sun because they truly do not know what they want/need.

Interview Questions

• Why Babylon?
      What tools do you use?
      What makes you qualified?
      The typical Recruiter metrics run down....   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Quick telephone chat with Recruiter & Recruitment Manager.

Very sporadic line of questioning, darting from one area to the other without going to deep into any areas of my experience, just scratched the surface, mostly darting from one line of experience to the next.

Didn't really give anything away about the technologies or the strategy moving forward for the team so couldn't gauge as much as I would've liked to.

The Recruitment Manager left after 20 minutes and then spoke to the Recruiter, who was kind enough to tell me more about the layout of the team, ways of working, etc.

Seemed like a good opportunity for a Recruiter to make their mark by increasing number of direct hires and get involved in a cool product and a chance to recruit a huge volume and be a part of growth.

My only negative is that I haven't received feedback although I've contacted them both directly. Maybe before trying to recruit volume they should focus on the fundamentals such as updating candidates :)

Senior Frontend Engineer Interview

Interview

The recruiter organised 2 calls and forgot on both occasion to ring me.

If you add that to the reviews on here you can just assume it's better to stay far away from a company like this.

Interview Questions

• None. The recruiter forgot to call me despite arranging twice.   Answer Question

Digital Health Support Assistant Interview

Interview

If they like your application, you complete a video screening interview where they ask you a handful of questions. Then, if selected, you move on to a live video interview.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Babylon Health (London, England (UK)) in October 2020.

Interview

I have seen 3 interviewing rounds.

The first one was an initial phone screening which was a very pleasant call with the recruitment department. Just some background questions to see why you are applying and a bit about your background.

The 2nd round was a video chat with one of the Engineering leads about more my in-depth knowledge and experience. This was a very casual chat and I had a really good feeling about this.

The 3rd one was a long session where I was invited for 3 rounds of interviews for a duration of 2.5 hours. The topics that we would talk about in these round were coding, culture and achritecture. This was the only information I received about the interviews so my expectations were that we would talk about this subjects with some examples or scenario's.

I couldn't be more wrong.

The first one (coding) was actual a live coding review. I got 3 unit tests that I needed to solve while 2 people were asking questions and looked on your screen share. For me personally this was a very unpleasant experience. Not because of the people who joined (who were very helpful) but more the lag of information that this would happen this way. My state of mind was not set on actually live coding and having people literally watch everything you type, is not very comfortable to say the least. Also having to talk about what you are thinking or people asking questions while you are thinking, is not ideal.

The second one was supposed to be about culture. I thought that the question were more focussed around my experience and CV than actual questions about managing teams, keeping a healthy culture. I liked that it was set around my experience, but I thought it would be more around the culture at Babylon as I don't know much yet about the company.

The third one was about architecture. Again I got a link with a request to on the spot come with an architecture on how I would create a Twitter solution. It was in a tool where you had to sketch which I never used and was not really optimal for doing this stuff as you have a limited canvas (rather put it in one than 5 different slides). Also having to come up with a concept or part of a solution was really not what I was expecting and imo not a representation of how it works in real life. You do not create that on the spot, you give that a think, try different things, think of possible solutions. To do that with 2 people on the spot was again a very awkward experience.

At the end of each round I got 5 minutes to ask a question to the people at Babylon about the topics. That meant literally 1 question more or less for me to see if actually working at Babylon is something for me.

Overall the people were very kind but I thinkthe expectations should be managed better. I would have liked to actually be told what would happen in the third round in more detail so I can prepare myself for this kind of exercises and also give a bit of flexiblity for a candidate to ask questions about the company and role as well.
    I think they really meant well with the approach and I can see the reason why to do it this way, but I think the execution is wrong. It would be better to give somebody homework like a coding test and an architectural test to make and then review in the interview. It gives people time to have a think about it, not feel watched on every step they make in the progress and give it a bit of a stage for candidate to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your best moment in your career where you have shown your best?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.