Baker Hughes, a GE company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 21 May 2019

2.9

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minden, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company (Minden, NV (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied and was contacted a week later by a recruiter named Preet Bhatia. The recruiter asked to if I would be able to do a 30 minute phone interview. Since it was only a 30 minute interview, I scheduled it during my lunch hours. The interview was scheduled as discussed and 3 hours later, it was changed to 1 hour without discussion - I just received an email regarding the change. Very unprofessional.

I brushed it off and did the interview anyways. I was interviewed by one of the Software Engineering Managers. It was fairly easy - I was asked about my experience and also some object oriented questions. Interviewer was nice and I was able to answer all questions fairly easily.

The following business day, I was contacted again by the recruiter for an in-person interview. I simply inquired about the salary range before proceeding and scheduling an in-person interview as I was not given this information beforehand. I wanted to know what the compensation range for this position was because I've done long and involved interviews before and have received offers way below the market. After asking for this information, I never received a reply again. I tried to contact the recruiter again a week later and never got a reply. Again, extremely unprofessional - I wish you luck if you work for a company like this.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience in your current position. Standard object-oriented questions - 4 pillars of OOP.   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Relaxed, chit chatted got to know each other first to break the ice, fairly informal. I was well qualified for the position. Asked some usual interview questions about on the job scenarios. Tested me on some analysis skills, the whole process was scheduled for 1 hour but went an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• What I would do if it was Friday at 3 o'clock and the supplier was putting us on credit hold and not delivering any more product.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company in July 2017.

Interview

My interview process was video-recording based. Most of the interviews were behavioral and situational questions. I think if you practice several questions from the Glassdoor reviews helped me a lot. I've passed the first rounds of interview process but never heard from the next round.

Interview Questions

• Give a real example of a technical problem you solved using knowledge you learned at school or from experience in your most recent role? What was the problem? What actions did you take to succeed? What barrier did you overcome? What was the outcome? What did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company.

Interview

Two day event with under night stay. Managers watched you do a personal presentation and group presentation. Managers presented various opportunities and at the end of the interview you racked which roles were wanted and they pick you accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Industry questions about safety.   2 Answers

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was given a window to complete a digital interview. It was about 9 questions, all behavioral. They give you about two minutes to read the question and 3 minutes to answer the question.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Baker Hughes?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company.

Interview

It was a web interview. You had to record yourself answering video questions. There were about 10 questions , 2 minutes each. The process was fine, and the questions were not too hard to answer, especially since you got 30 seconds to think about it before it recorded you.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied, was contacted within 3 days for digital interview. asked about 10 questions that were had multiple parts, all behavioral. overall it was a typical digital interview. don't know what else to say

Site Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company.

Interview

Interview process took over three months from the time I submitted the application to the time I received an offer. Very little communication during these months. Once I had the phone interview I didn't hear from anybody for over a month, even tried calling the interviewer back to get an update, and only got voicemail 5 times. Never called me back until three months later.

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minden, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company (Minden, NV (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The interviewed was timed for an hour. There were 4 interviewers, the hiring manager, HR manager, senior manager and IT manager. They were all very friendly, wanted to know specifically how I can contribute and add value to the position. They were more concerned with my skills and work history then asking traditional interview questions. It was a very positive interviewing experience. They definitely were looking for concert examples of my previous duties and how it would apply to the current position.

Interview Questions

• Give one specific example where the supplier could not delivery on time and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Machinist Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Hughes, a GE company in March 2018.

Interview

I just went through the phone interview. I doubt I'll get a call back because I had a lot of trouble understanding the interviewer due to heavy accent and very low tone.

Interview Questions

• The basics why you applied for the position and why do you think you qualify. I also had probably 2 that were maybe really important but I couldn't understand what the interviewer said 3 times so to keep from constantly saying repeat that after 3 times I just I don't know. Maybe I did know it. For phone interviewing they should have someone that's speaks more fluently and or louder.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.