Bally Technologies Software Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Bally Technologies Software Engineer I Interview Questions

Interviews at Bally Technologies

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and then two face to face interviews. They were very brief when I first received the first call back. I was asked a lot of OOP basic and advanced programming questions over the phone and then had more personality questions in the face to face interview. Different departments interview differently though so don't expect the interview process to all be the same, because it's usually not. They seemed very disorganized.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bally Technologies

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

In house interview was first. Answered two questions, both pretty simple. You meet with the principal engineer and the lead for which team you are applying for. Then a take home code test. Very interesting code test. I spent roughly a week on it, but one could finish it within a day or so. They will provide an email containing some usable libraries and some references. They don't give you a time line on how long it should be finished, but they don't expect you to take a month

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bally Technologies in November 2012.

Interview

First-a-technical-phone-interview w/ manager: definitions-pertaining-to-the-graphics-nature-of-the-position-such-as-description-of-anti-aliasing-and-culling, as-well-as-on-paper-algortihms-such-as-a-random-number-range-function. Also-spoken-design-questions-where-they-described-a-scenario-and-asked-for-a-design-solution.

Second-was-a-timed-email-test-that-was-a-maxium-of-4hrs. The-time-it-took-to-complete-and-algorithm-corrrectness-mattered-but-syntax-correctness-was-not-entirely-necessary-but-no-pseudocode. I-asked-for-a-few-days-time-to-prepare-and-the-manager-was-okay-with-that. What-came-was-4-relatively-simple-questions-about-memory-allocation-and-bit-manipulation-and-a-card-shuffling-algorithm-which-I-was-able-complete-in-45min-due-to-my-previous-preparation.

Third-was-a-personality-phone-interview-with-the-manager-and-two-others-on-the-team. I-gave-them-my-background. They-asked-the-usual-questions-such-as-why-i-want-to-work-for-them-and-what-kind-of-scenarios-I-had-been-in-which-prompted-STAR-stories. They-also-asked-questions-that-dealt-with-their-environment-such-as-"Can-you-handle-dealing-with-argumentative-people?"-and-"This-isn't-like-your-previous-work-experience-so-how-do-we-know-you-wont-get-bored-and-leave-after-a-year-or-two?". Lastly-they-asked-if-I-had-any-questions-of-my-own-which prompted-me-to show-my-knowledge-of-"what-I-know"-and-"what-I-know-they-do". It- was-meant-to-be-a-40-min-phone-call-but-they-seemed-to-like-me-so-we-ended-up-over-an-hour. They-called-back-5min-later-and-asked-when-was-a-good-time-to-fly-me-in.

When-I-came-in-for-the-face-to-face-interview-they-gave-me-a-tour-which-was-a-good-time-for-me-asking-questions-that-showed-my-knowledge-and-a-passion-for-my-profession-and-make-them-feel-like-I-am-already-preparing-for-my-tasks. When-we-got-to-their-questions-which-were-basic-problem-solving-questions-some-math-questions-GLSL-syntax-questions-and-some-advanced-C++-questions. I-did-need-help-through-most-of-them-but--knew-it-was-important-not-to-give-up-so-I-worked-them-all-out. Also-some-of-the-questions-seemed-like-the-group-came-up-with-them-the-day-before-so-some-of-them-were-flawed-which-is-partially-why-I-HAD-to-get-help.

We-did-lunch-and-I-made-the-conscious-decision-to-ride-with-the-guy-that-was-by-himself-so-I-could-ask-him-how-I-was-doing-so-far. He-said-that-he-thought-I-was-better-than-most-candidates-which-I-thought-was-funny-because-I-felt-I-was-doing-terrible-because-i-needed-help-too-often. He-said-the-biggest-advantage-I-had-over-other-candidates-was-that-I-was-being-completely-honest-about-what-I-knew-and-didn't-know. Other-candidates-would-get-nervous-when-they-didn't-know-something-fearing-it-lose-them-the-job-so-they-would-try-to-act-like-they-knew-a-certain-subject-when-they-obviously-did-not.

During-lunch-the-manager-did-surprise-me-with-opinion-questions-such-as-time-based-vs-frame-based-animations-and-static-vs-dynamic-libraries. While-I-we-were-driving-back-from-lunch-I-asked-the-teammate-I-rode-with-if-there-was-around-two. He-said-he-didn't-know-and-that-it-was-all-by-ear. I-told-him-that-I-was-expecting-there-to-have-been-more-design-and-structure-questions. It-seemed-that-he-liked-me-and-I-think-he-might-have-influenced-the-rest-of-the-day-because-after-lunch-we-came-back-and-did-another-round-of-questions-which-were-software-design-and-data-structure-questions.

The-day-ended-around-4pm-or-so. I-asked-another-teammate-in-private-how-I-did-and-he-said-"You-did-good-because-those-werent-easy-questions-and-even-though-you-needed-some-help-you-figured-the-rest-on-your-own". The-manager-called-me into-his-office-after-that-and-told-me-the-hiring-decision-was-up-to-his-team-and-they-would-like-to-work-with-me. He-presented-the-offer-letter.

Interview Questions

• Three black boxes that release one item in their content at the pull of a lever. They are labeled "Apples", "Oranges", and "Apples & Oranges". They are mislabeled, with all labels belonging to another one of the boxes. By only pulling any two levers once, how do you decide which labels go to the correct box?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Bengaluru) in January 2015.

Interview

one day process : 1. written round- technical - C++ (prepare for all the concepts like const, vectors, function pointers, virtual, polymorphism)
    2. Technical interview - basic oops concepts with example, and they will give problem for which we need to write the program. and also they will ask about your project details)
    3.Managerial/ technical- not attended
    4.HR-not attended

Interview Questions

• written includes objective with very deep C++ concepts and to predict the outputs of given programs..
      const,STL,vectors,   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Bengaluru) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through online First round will be MCQ contains 25 question(c# basic questions ,MVC,Sql questions) . if you get selected the you have f2f interview it was easy Interviewer told me to write reversing string without using any inbuilt function and on simple sql Query on selecting max salary of employee

Interview Questions

• Diff between finally and finalize,copy and clone,sealed class and abstract class,   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bally Technologies in April 2017.

Interview

The company held 4 round process. First round was programming (code in whichever language you comfortable in ) , offline. The paper was divided into two sections each containing four coding questions , select one from each to attempt , and think of all scenarios possible.

next was GD round: my topic was , how IT has/ can help in increasing the tourism of a city.

The next round (only till where i succeeded) was technical interview round . It started off after a small break , which gave me some time to lose my some confidence as we stared talking on what possible questions could be asked. Now as enter the interview room ,1:1 interview, and went on for 40 minutes .Bad experience , interviewer was not attentive at all or kinda sleepy during process . Kept surfing the net and searching for something the whole time which was so disturbing . I think , by now, they had already made up their minds to hire only Mtech students from our college, none of btech students ended up getting hired(including me ).

Interview Questions

• how to insert a node at any point in linked list ?
      talk about the resume projects ?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.