Bank of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Bank of America

5,720 Interview Reviews

2.7

Comp Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

All behavioral. Interviewed on the phone with Charlotte team, met with 3 different individuals in New York. It's hard when half the people work from home and want to interview you outside the office, because you don't get to see their working environment. Comp is a part of HR, but it's technical, it's all salary data control. I think they hired someone internal. Very hard to read personalities, even if you think you've connected with them, they don't care.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about this job?   7 Answers
    • What skills do you bring to this position?   2 Answers

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of America (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

I went in on a referal, emailed the head of team, and was slated for a set of phone interviews with the team. I was referred by a senior executive and never went in for a 1:1 in person. Was contacted a few weeks in by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your background . . .   3 Answers

Negotiation

I stated my hourly rate and they accepted.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (New York, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview for 1 hour.. from Core java, Pagination, Session filter, Session fixation,XSL language queries

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Interview was straight forward. If you bomb it, good luck. Really only advice is to be confident and show you care, like with any interview. Now I just want to see salaries no Im filling this to meet capacity

Interview Questions

• What prior experience of yours relates to this?   2 Answers

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America (Pennington, NJ (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The process started off with a brief introduction of myself. This was followed by 30 minutes of DB2 technical questions, including the mechanics of stored procedures, the process of creating user-defined functions, the definition of a join and the different kinds, the performance differences between joins and sub-selects.

Interview Questions

• Given a comma-delimited text string, how do you refer to a part of that string by creating a user-defined function instead of programmatically parsing through the string?   1 Answer
    • which approach has a performance advantage: table-join or sub-select?   1 Answer
    • What is a S0C7? If encountered during the course of DB2 query, how do you determine where the error condition occurred, and how to bypass the error record?   1 Answer
    • What is SQLCA, what is the length, and what are the contents?   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bank of America (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager took technical interview over telephone and then in person . Most of the topics are
    .net , c#, MVC ,WCF , JS ,JQ and Oracle are the major questions

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

Received an inside referral for an unsolicited position so went for a group interview, met with leader of department and peers that I would be working with, already knew and worked with lead interviewer, really was interviewed with others to see if they liked me and could work with me

Interview Questions

salary and job location were not as competitive as what I was making

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Talked to two managers and one peer, got offer next day...not much structure, same questions asked by each person. Purely designed to assess personality traits. Very cursory discussion...if I didn't need the job I would have passed. There is obviously no structure or consistency in their hiring process. Either they like you or they don't.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

zero negotiation

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bank of America (Charlotte, NC (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with and through a staffing agency for Bank of America, and hired in a revolving-door team of attorneys for an on-going project. I soon understood why the Bank had difficulty in retaining people to work on the project. The actual documents and the bank system were easily mastered, but the inflexible management would not allow promotion or opportunity to do extra work in order to advance.

Interview Questions

• How would you accept a low salary in exchange for the experience of working at Bank of America?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation involved as the Bank would not raise the salary, adjust the daily hours to allow more than 8 hours per day or allow weekend work. This was a take-it-ot-leave-it offer.

Pathway Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of America (Allentown, PA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

First I filled out an online application. One week later there was a phone interview after which I took an online test. Two weeks later, there was an other online interview. Two weeks later I had four face to face interviews. Three weeks went by then I recieved an email. I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• It took a lot of my time. I had to prepair a business plan for them.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.