Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada Interview Questions

Interviews at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada

2.6

Senior Advisor - WebAdmin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Anchorage, AK (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Online interview process, with curriculum attached and answers to various items regarding the current situation, availability, place of origin, educational level, cities that can act, various positions and available functions and time of experience.

Interview Questions

• Answers to various items regarding the current situation, availability, place of origin, educational level, cities that can act, various positions and available functions and time of experience full.   Answer Question

Data Scientist (Rotational Program) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2020.

Interview

I choose not to continue after HR interview because I didn't like the attitude and I think it's a mirror of the enterprise - read the other comments here.
    In particular I didn't appreciate that the HR:
    - was in delay,
    - didn't give me any time and opportunity to ask a single question (closing the phone in the face while I was talking...),
    - obliged me to give a feedback about the salary
    - when I asked some questions about the position before replying with a salary range I was told that the HR didn't know anything about the position and that I *had to* suggest a salary range.
    This is the process anyway:

- 45 min - 13 questions as a technical test about basic programming, data science and business strategy oriented to finance
    - external HR interview (CIVA - many people told you to avoid this agency... why is still here?)
    - 15 min presentation panel + questions

Interview Questions

• - Can you speak English? (followed by a conversation in English)
      - Are you eligible to work in Canada?
      - What is your immigration status?
      - How much do you want as salary?
      - What's your educational background and certificates?
      - Do you know any worker at NBC?
      - Do you have any other job offers at present?
      - Why is data analysis important in the context of NBC?
      - Tell me when you have optimised a process and what does it mean for you?
      - Which type of analysis and predictive methods do you know?
      - Which type of programming language do you know?
      - How would you define a career as a "good" one?
      - Tell me about a time when did you have a team conflict and how did you solve it
      - Tell me about a time when you have anticipated an action for the client and its good impacts
      - Can you begin in September?   Answer Question

Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada Response

7 Aug 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry about your experience in this recruitment process and are concerned about what you are sharing with us. National Bank focuses on the candidate experience, we attach a great deal of importance to it, and what you are describing to us does not correspond to what we want our institution’s candidates to experience. The necessary corrections will be made in light of your comments.

Director, Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2020.

Interview

Saw the opening on LinkedIn. I applied and was contacted some days after by a headhunter. Got an interview online with three people. During the interview we reviewed my experience. Questions were coming from the three interviewers. I was allowed to ask questions on the company and how things work there. Shortly after I got confirmation that I was going to receive an offer. Before getting the official offer there's a negotiation period where they present an hypothetical offer and we discuss. We got a shake hand agreement and then the official offer came.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2020.

Interview

Unorganized. Lack of communication.

While I understand COVID has impacted the manner of the hiring process, professionalism should be maintained.

Interview questions were generic (past experience, direction of career, etc).

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions relating to past experience, direction of career in the next 3-5 years, etc.   Answer Question

Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada Response

15 Sep 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry about your previous candidate experience. This is not the kind of experience we want to give candidates.

Gestionnaire Partenaires Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

No schedule meeting interview, lasted less than 5 minutes . The hiring process is in several round, the first round is a background check with no engagement with the interviewer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2020.

Interview

Interview process was smooth and very effective and formal. Most likely the interview is based on your previous experience and current role. Must be very behavioral and situation based.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself after 5 year?   1 Answer

Mutual Fund Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Vaughan, ON (Canada)) in January 2020.

Interview

Fairly challenging. Met with a panel of three individuals that asked in-depth industry know edged based questions. Questions ranges from knowledge of financial services and products to knowledge of specific software.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a mutual fund and a hedge fund?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2020.

Interview

Friendly and open. Just a normal discussion about goals, the enterprise culture, working in team, etc. There were almost no technical question. Just one question and I failed it but still was accepted. They were mostly looking for enthusiastic people with experience in leadership and teamwork.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada.

Interview

Very easy process, entry level position. Asked questions for approximately half an hour and then asked to do a background check. Once background check is approved, they call you to set up start date and iron out the details.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you instead of others for this role?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banque Nationale du Canada/National Bank of Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2019.

Interview

Both rounds were mostly behavioral, there were also small questions about markets and my outlook on the broad economy. 2nd round interviewers were definitely less friendly than 1st round interviewers.

Interview Questions

• How do you think Brexit will affect the global economy?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.