Barclaycard Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Barclaycard Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclaycard

2.9

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. Phone interview, then On campus interview followed by an offer all within 2 weeks. This is may or may not be the case for off campus/on site interviews.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclaycard (Whippany, NJ (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Interview process was a complete mess. Recruiter I had was so out of touch - he didn't care to communicate change in scheduling of my interview. Got a call after 2 weeks saying the feedback was positive. I excitedly expressed my interest in moving ahead and the recruiter went dead silent for 2 weeks again. Called and emailed the recruiter and he started asking my last name/first name to recollect who i was. It seemed like i was talking to a customer service rep rather than a professional recruiter who should be on top of the game. I was promised a final word in 2 days and it's been 3 weeks now with dead silence again from recruiter. Such a bad experience with recruiting division. I can imagine how the company must be organized if the recruiter (face of the company) is so disorganized and out of loop.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclaycard (Henderson, NV (US)).

Interview

First you conduct a phone interview with an automated system. If accepted, you sit through a small presentation by 2 workers and then 3 separate interviews are conducted. About a 2 hour process. Others will be in the presentation and awaiting interviews with you. You receive a response fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you told your employer ‘No’ to stand for what you though was right.   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you made a mistake. How did you handle it and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barclaycard (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Clean, clear concise questioning that focused primarily on how my background matched the qualifications. Placed a priority on reasons for wanting to work for this company. The interviewer was an HR staff person who had a very professional approach that made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel my background matches the job's qualifications   Answer Question

Customer Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclaycard (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. Got a automated phone interview I figured just to test my phone voice. They followed that up with a actual phone interview with a person, then a in-person interview with 2 different people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to show bravery at work   Answer Question

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclaycard (Henderson, NV (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview was automated. Recruiter called later in the day and left a message. Tried to call back and called back the following Monday. Recruiter asked if I could come in for an interview but I do not live in Nevada. They do not have the resources for remote interviews. Recruiter said they would keep my application on file.

Interview Questions

• Can you come in for an interview   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclaycard (Wilmington, DE (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Pretty informal once past the recruiter process. Questions seem to be made up by interviewer and may or may not tie to position. Interviewers were polite. It seems like a happy place.

Interview Questions

• Name as many things as you can in 1 minute that you can do with an eraser.   Answer Question

Risk and Control Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclaycard (Wilmington, DE (US)).

Interview

The interview was thorough and intense. The interviewer definitely knew their business in and out. The interviewer did a stellar job of explaining the Barclaycard culture. The interviewer encouraged me to talk about my personal experiences and it appeared she wanted to guage my ability to balance work and family.

Interview Questions

• Why do I feel I would be a good fit to work within the organization   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barclaycard (Wilmington, DE (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred by staffing agency for Barclaycard (Wilmington, DE) in Feb 2017. The process took 2 weeks but was rejected.
    Not easy, need to have good knowledge of java programming, linux commands and ITIL key words.

Interview Questions

• Round 1- off line question
      2 question on Java file handling and number swapping
      2 question on Linux file handing and regular expression handing   Answer Question
    • Round 2 - Skype call
      3 sections one each on Java ,Linux and ITIL. All related to round 1. (tough question)   Answer Question
    • Round 2-
      File handling, String operations, interface, derive class, overloading, awk command, vi editor, top, ps, iostat, problem in ITIL, type of Change, Incident management steps   Answer Question

Fraud Representative Interview

Interview

I initially interviewed for fraud department and when I got there, the manager that first interviewed me looked unprepared. He literally looked like he just woke up and came to work. He had wild bed hair and unprofessional clothing. Despise his appearance I still went in the interview with positivity. The interview went sour really fast. Within 30 seconds I was already on his bad side... and he was on mine.
    I always go to interviews completely prepared and he was asking me questions that had nothing to do with my skill, past job or even relatable questioning to the position I was interviewing for. It was like he wanted to trap me and mark me of as "not considering". He was VERY intimidating and rude. One thing employers have to realize is, it's not just your company looking for the right fit but also candidates that come into an interview are looking to see if the company is a fit for them! This manager carried himself poorly and gave a really bad impression, not only of himself but the company. After my interview with him I just wanted to l leave and walk out but I stayed for the second interview. Thankfully the next manager was very kind, inviting, and professional. I spent 5 minutes in my second interview and after that the second manager stated he wanted to hire me but, that there was a last round of interviews where you have to "wow" the VP (I'm not sure if it was the VP of the company or that department)
    Last round of interviews had to be scheduled as the end of the day was approaching. When I left Barclaycard, I thought hard about the position and my interviews... I decided the first manager gave off too bad of an impression and made the company look bad and I didn't want any part of it. Because of my initial interview, I knew I was not going to be happy so I never scheduled a final interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • What are Barclay Cards core values?   1 Answer
    • situational questions   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.