Baringa Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Baringa Partners Interview Questions

Interviews at Baringa Partners

3.4

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

Great process thank you from start to finish.The interview was a case study and as such was designed to be tight on timelines. Would recommend being organised and presentable. Make sure you present your thoughts in a structured manner.

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

Three interviews. First interview with a Director and a discussion around CV, background and 'why Baringa'. Second interview was a case study followed by discussion with two Directors about the analysis of the case study. This was a difficult interview, although enjoyable. A lot of information to review, analyse and prepare answers to the interviewers. Final set of interviews were two sets of Partner discussions. Very enjoyable and interesting to understand the business and areas of potential alignment.

Modeling Analyst/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

It is a long comment; but, it worth reading as it is accurate and unbiased description of the process.

Overall details
    I applied through a recruiter and it took nearly 2 months (there was Christmas in between so possibly it would have been less).

Interview Structure
    The interview process is 3 stages in total.
    1. Online test (1 hour): common-sense questions and market & energy-related questions,

2. Scripting in-person test (2-2.5 hours): Test had 3 questions which consisted of 7 sub-questions: 2 on SQL skills, 2 on Python skills, 3 on Machine Learning or Optimisation. The last question was an optional one. After the test duration, a Baringa director and a manager reviews developed solutions for 40 minutes.

3. One-to-one interview with partner (1 hour)

While, I failed on the 2nd stage I did the 3rd stage before 2nd stage due to my special case. All in all, people were professional and nice.

What went wrong?
    Basically, they were very happy with me on other stages until I did the 2nd stage test.
    According to my interviewers, this test is implemented from 2020 onward; so, it is likely you would see this description on earlier comments.

The test is ineffective in measuring required skills for the job due to the following points:

1. NO INTERNET ACCESS was provided while nearly all questions (except 1 sub-question) required the applicant to know clear code to be able to implement a solution,

2. SQL-related sub-questions are interconnected; if you can't do the 1st one you won't be able to the 2nd one. Also, the first SQL question is a task that I have never done in my academic/industrial experience (6 years full time modelling analyst),

3. SQL- and optimisation questions are vague. I got to know that the interviewers expected me to understand the questions in a certain way while it wasn't necessary what the questions asked for,

4. If exact results are not produced; interviewers are not impressed. While, I solved the the optional question; they seemed very unimpressed as it wasn't the solution they were expecting.

Suggestion
    1. Get rid of 1st SQL question and make all questions independent of each other,

2. Change question 3c to something that is actually understandable,

3. Give the candidate more than 80 minutes,

4. Give the candidate heads up on topics that you're interested.

Interview Questions

• They checked common sense and asked for general market & energy questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)).

Interview

A really slow process from the start. It’s been over two months since I applied for the role and half way I was asked to interview. The interview was very technical and needed inside information into Baringa such as their expansion plans and push backs to answer fully. I’ve chased for the past 7 weeks for an answer and I’ve only received one response since. It’s extremely unprofessional. I don’t understand why HR think it’s ok to ignore rather than just say whether or not you have been successful or not. I do not recommend applying. It’s a shame that HR let down the company.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a one partner office that requires marketing resources to expand their operation?   Answer Question

Management Consultant - Insurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied for a vacancy at Baringa after seeing the opening on LinkedIn and messaged the HR lead directly to arrange a call. After a promising phone call I was delighted to be invited for a first interview which I swiftly agreed to. The first interview went well and as such I was invited for a second interview which from what I had read on the reviews was likely to be more intense. It was...the task included a case study and presentation followed on by questions. This again fortunately did go very well and I was invited back to the third and final interview.
    This final interview was said to be more of an informal chat which it was. This meeting also went well with a good, flowing conversation. I left the Baringa office feeling positive and knowing if I didn't get the role I hadn't done anything really silly to let myself down.

I'll cut a long story short.....the last interview was in July...… I'm yet to be told whether I have the job or not...….

I chased the HR contact numerous times to the point it was getting uncomfortable eventually being told that "we are assessing the structure of the team currently and will get back to you following the management meetings in the coming days"

I wont go into detail on the level of frustration caused by the Baringa interview process. When someone has taken the time and effort to learn about a company, make numerous interviews and acted in a professional manner throughout it is simply unacceptable to treat a candidate in such a poor fashion. If I am not deemed fit for a role, that is fine, I expect some feedback but that's life.
    I strongly suggest thinking twice when it comes to applying/working at Baringa as my experience has left an extremely sour taste.

As I move into the new year I am fortunate to have secured a job at one of the big 4 and I am loving the experience so far. I strongly suggest you follow the same route.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Interview

Group case study, individual case study, interview for the summer internship position. Requires preparation in advance but staff is very friendly and put you at ease. Math problems are tricky for the less quantitative-minded individuals like myself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Positive recruitment experience.

DEMANDING interviewer who may not had much experience working with people from outside of the UK. The interviewer concluded that I wasn't good enough in explaining at the time of the interview. However, I have explained previous and current experience maybe useful for the applied role. I have provided examples of work I have done along with my passion in the applied role. However, he wasn't happy. Can only go by that I was not presentable like a typical British English native speaker.

The senior management of the firm should cultivate the the idea of diversity and inclusion promoted by the firm to not be restricted to non-white from the UK however D&I should also cover promoting international work force.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Baringa?
      How different is Baringa to other Big 4?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

WASTE OF TIME!!!! I applied for the role which took 6 weeks in total. I My first interview stage was competency based in which they asked questions relating to my CV, experience and market knowledge. After each stage of the interview process, you are given feedback that will help you improve the next stay of the process should you reach it. The feedback from my first interview was that I showed a broad knowledge of the subject area, my personality was a fit with the culture and I came across really well - no negative feedback whatsoever. I was invited to the next stage of the interview which was a case study that you had an hour to prepare followed by 1 hour to present your case study to 2 Directors of your subject area. The feedback I got was and I quote "extremely well presented" "Knew the subject area well" etc. The feedback was nothing but positive and once again received NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. I was told there was nothing I had to work on for the next stage as so far I had been superb in my first 2 interview rounds. I was also told that i practically had the job but the last stage (partner interview) was just a formality. I had the last stage of the interview with x2 Partners of my subject area. To my shock and surprise, they said that they had got their wires crossed and the feedback from one of my earlier interviews was that I didn't have enough consultancy experience for the role! Even though I was told at every interview stage the feedback was nothing but positive and there were no areas of concern/nothing that I needed to work on. What an utter waste of time! I waited for weeks for them to come back to me at each interview stage, when they cancelled my interview last minute because one of the interviewees was ill, I made myself more then flexible to compensate. Totally baffled by the outcome! You also get a peer-2-peer meet up which is optional. The peer who meet with me was less than complimentary of the firm - go figure!

Interview Questions

• market knowledge questions, questions relating to my CV, consultancy skills.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

A fantastic interview process, everyone at Baringa was very friendly, welcoming and helpful.
    Assessment online, first phone interview, second interview on site with a two-hour long case study (make sure you focus on 1 or 2 aspects so you can delve deeper into the analysis). Eventually, partner interview which led to an offer.

Incredible environment and great company culture. People genuinely want to help each other out.

Interview Questions

• Why are you moving from industry to consulting, and why Baringa?   Answer Question

Analyste Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Psychometric test (logic and reasoning questions)
    First interview (motivation and mini-case study questions)
    Assesment Centre (group activities, final interview, informal peer to peer meeting with someone who is doing the job you're applying for )

Interview Questions

• motivation questions and mini case study questions (assess the size of one specific market)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.