Bed Bath & Beyond Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Bed Bath & Beyond Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Bed Bath & Beyond

1.7

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Westminster, CO (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview was very basic, questions like "How do you deal with certain situations?" Very simple, just practice your answers and the job is pretty much yours. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you lead your team to success? (I was a shift supervisor before so the answer varies)   Answer Question
  • What kind of pay are you looking for?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in July 2018.

Interview

It was a really nice and easy interview. I had the interview with the head of HR of the region. She connected with me and we began talking about other Bed Bath and Beyond stores. I was asked about myself and if I could manage school and work. There were a lot of situational questions but nothing difficult, they welcome having opinions and collaboration with the management. Afterwards I met the GM of the actual store since he would ultimately decide who was hired. We also bonded and he mentioned wanting to change how the store would look and the type of team he wanted to create. His question was what the HR and I talked about and I told him everything. He looked at my resume and said I was smart and he could see me be a part of the team. Asked if cooking was a hobby of mine (no) and determined soft side would be best. Then went over the general expectations (customer service and communication) and that everyone would be trained for all positions so they're very flexible with schedules since you will know how each department works and can fill in for any hours needed. I was told I would be contacted by the end of the week and ended up being contacted about 6 days later with an offer of $12/hr. I have no prior experience in retail and placed $11/hr (minimum wage) on my app. Orientation will be in two weeks!

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation where you disagreed with what a manager (or higher up) said?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunset Valley, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Sunset Valley, TX (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online got a call to set up an interview. Had to fill out an application when I got there the manager rushed me and was busy the whole time, then I had another interview right after with the other manager

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I had two standard interviews. In my first interview they stated that a full-time position could be attained after working part-time for 3 months. However, during the second interview, they claimed that no full-time positions would be available in the near future.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Santa Barbara, CA (US)).

Interview

Very easy going with the general manager of the store. He was very friendly and "just wanted to make sure I was a friendly person" before hiring. Took about 15 minutes and offered the job there in person.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called in next week. Sat down in office and had interview. After it was done they asked when I could start. Easy peasy. f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Richmond, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a request To interview. Went in store. Had to fill out a paper application. Then met with a team leader only to be told they don't hire temporary workers even though I'd be transferring to another store when I went back to school. Was totally pointless. Don't apply for summer work here.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (New York, NY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I received an email to come in and apply based off my profile and an in-person interview will be conducted. After I filled out the application, I met with a manager and he asked a few questions.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable to climb a ladder (taller than 20 feet) to get products on the top shelf?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I went to the main interview building I'm guessing, it was like a warehouse building. When I went inside they handed me a sheet to fill up so I sat near all the other applicants then handed it back. A few minutes after they called my name. I was interviewed by a woman she was really friendly and nice. The interview was about 10 mins then she offered me the positions me I accepted. She said they do a background check

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2009.

Interview

Interview with assistant manager, then store manager. An short skills test and backround check and reference check.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What do you have to offer? What do you like/dislike? Are you detailed/organized?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, don't take their first offer if you know your work performance is worth more.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.