Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) Interview Questions

Interviews at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group)

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) (New Delhi) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process took over 2 - 3 months and I had 2 rounds of interviews with relevant senior members of the team. While the interview experience in itself was okay, the entire process and outcome was not professional. I was told after the second round that the outcome was positive and to give the organisation sometime to get approvals in place, only to know there was a job freeze put in place (after chasing multiple times). Unprofessional for such a large group to keep candidates hanging without giving the real picture.

Interview Questions

• CSR ecosystem, previous knowledge and application in current job, questions on achieving targets, putting plans and strategy in place.   Answer Question

Digital Content Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) (New Delhi).

Interview

I have interviewed with the group multiple times. My first interview was for Mirror Now where I was selected and also sent an offer letter with salary break up, but two days later the HR said they have closed the hiring due to some reason and won't be hiring for the profile. The second time, after a few months I was selected for TOI entertainment but couldn't join as the offer was made almost two months later and I had already joined somewhere else. Also, the initial offer letter and salary break up they send clearly mentions everytime that it is not the final offer and the candidate must not leave their current job yet. I again was able to get an offer from TOI digital and again the same thing happened, they sent me that letter which said you are selected but don't leave your job yet. I got another offer and naturally joined there since the TOI HR stopped replying. A few days later the HR called me and on knowing I have joined elsewhere, she had my record and since she didn't want to accept her fault of delaying the process she made sure she blacklists me. Post that I have been blacklisted from this group and even if I send an application I get to know from the HR that they won't consider me. It is a very large organisation, with many platforms under it and since the media is dynamic youngsters are always looking out for better opportunities. The HR for her personal mistakes used me as a cover up ruined my future prospects. I hope nothing like this happens to another person ever and the organisation takes note of it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Sales Trainee Interview

Interview

5 rounds in all. Very Stretched out process. There are 2 online tests, 1 Group discussion and 2 Personal interviews. Each one is an elimination round. It took more than a week to complete the process. The interview difficulty differed depending upon the panel.

Advertising Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) (Mumbai) in January 2019.

Interview

3-4 Rounds of process including personal interview and group discussion. It was quite well managed starting with GD and then shortlisting the best out from all such groups, followed by 2 personal round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you tackle a unhappy customer who's AD has been misplaced?   1 Answer

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) (New Delhi) in December 2018.

Interview

the online test then gd and then some video interview. they focus mainly on the english language, easy but u need to speak to the point. guys do not be serious just smile during the process.

Correspondent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) (New Delhi).

Interview

Was introduced to one of the team members through an existing employee. Telephonic round, One on one with operations, One and one with one operational team senior followed by final discussion with Resident Editor. Overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Qs on past work, experiences, current affairs, area of specialisation   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) in October 2018.

Interview

There were 2 rounds.
    HR Round - I reported in their Delhi office to meet with the HR who will later turn out to be highly unprofessional
    Technical Round with the Hiring Manager - Very polished and professional Leader

Joining Date: It took 2 months for them to roll out an offer and then I was expected to join within a month. This was purely because of the unprofessional behavior of the HR. The hiring manager didnt know about the sequence of events and the HR was least bothered.

Package: The first figure given to me was 30% lower than my then package. The final package that I was offered was exactly the same as my then package, with just a lower variable component.

Rejected the offer purely based on the unprofessional attitude.

Interview Questions

• - Sales target, industry, achievement
      - Complete background
      - Generic sales situation   Answer Question

Unprofessional attitude of the HR

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

there was a case discussion initially then the shortlist went on to the personal interview round it was a amazing experience, good panel, selecting on very well defined criteria, no biases and during the interview they were nurturing and let candidates speak up their mind.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) (Mumbai) in January 2018.

Interview

Three rounds of personal interviews. Simple and straightforward. More to understand the person and fitment to the role. No HR round. All three rounds were with the team heads having functionnal responsibilities.
    I was surprised that no technical questions were asked.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) (Bengaluru).

Interview

Immediate manager will interview the candidate.based on which functional area the candidate has applied for . later HR will a round of discussion on company's functions. later functional director will have a telephonic interview

Interview Questions

• General & technical based on role.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.