Birmingham City University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Birmingham City University

3.2

Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Birmingham City University (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview with two people. Usually a lecturer and a member from practice. They will ask you questions and then allow you to ask questions after the interview. You will be given a talk from lecturers who will explain the course and the city. The interview lasts around 10- 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Operations Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Birmingham City University (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Completed an online application, i then received a call a week later. I was given a date foe the interview. I was given a short task concerning excel functions and a presentation. This was just to see the logic behind my thought processes. I spoke briefly about this.
    I was then asked a number of questions by three different employees that were pretty standard interview questions. Overall the process wasn't too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Typical standard question, working in a team, communication, what i want the job   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Birmingham City University in October 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview in the beginning followed by a skills test and IQ test to check my skills set. later a 1:1 interview with Line manager and get got my acceptance

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was really good i was offered a very good package

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Birmingham City University (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Entered into the talent pool after not being offered an initial job I went for. Fairly straightforward process, took over 4 weeks from initial phone call to starting the job

Senior Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Birmingham City University (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview with HR and department management. Asked general questions, went through application and employment history. Some challenging questions. Took longer than expected. Did not provide clear help or feedback on how to improve.

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Birmingham City University.

Interview

Very friendly environment. The interview had two parts. First 30 minutes presentation and q and a. The second part was a panel interview with the Head of department and the potential line manager along with one person from hr. Overall very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past failures which lead you to success.   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Birmingham City University (Birmingham, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Consisted of an interview with lead academics and HR member of staff. Then this was followed by a 20 min presentation in front of academic staff. The presentation was followed by a number of questions by the academic audience. The topic of the presentation was pre-selected by the university and informed to me prior my interview on how to embrace diversity within HEI environment.

Interview Questions

• What is my personal research plan for the next five years?   1 Answer

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Birmingham City University (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Once I filled and submitted an online application, I was called in for a 30 minute interview. The interview was conducted by two individuals who could be considered as peers only, because the 'supervisor' was called away on another meeting (unprofessional)! The entire interview process was uncomfortable and uninviting. I would consider holding an interview with an HR department would be an exceptional experience, considering they are aware of the processes.

Not once, did I meet a supervisor or a manager. A very strange process indeed. Poor representation of the University.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Birmingham City University (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Job was offered by award leader.

Interview Questions

• Do You really want to be involved?   2 Answers

Negotiation

It took about a month. Be self confident.

Student Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Birmingham City University (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

submit application which is stage one, then stage 2 is and interview. Was also interviewed by the three supervisors who are in-charge of the three workshops. Was quite straight forward questions to test personality and knowledge.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.