Bloomberg BNA Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Bloomberg BNA Analyst Interview Questions

3.5

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

After you have narrowed the candidate pool based on your evaluation of the resumes you've received, and possibly a round of phone interviewing, it is time to conduct in-person interviews – and you want to make sure your interview is time well spent. These articles will help you prepare for the interviewing process and avoid common interviewing mistakes.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg BNA

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA in September 2016.

Interview

There seemed to be a lack of communication between recruiting and the hiring manager, as I actually interviewed in person with the hiring manager prior to talking on the phone with a recruiter. Eventually this lack of communication transferred over to my interactions with HR staff, as, after a second round of interviews and an assessment, I essentially entered into a period of radio silence with multiple emails and calls to HR unreturned. I ended up taking another job in the period while I was waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• How would you transfer skills from your prior workplace to Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA.

Interview

I applied online through Bloomberg BNA after seeing an opening posted on LinkedIn. About three weeks later, I was contacted by a Bloomberg recruiter indicating that they would like to move forward with my application and asking about my availability over the next two weeks for a phone call to further discuss the opportunity. I responded to the recruiter but never heard back from them. It has been 6 weeks now since applying, 3 since they contacted me about moving forward, and I still have not heard anything more from the recruiter. I tried following up on 2 occasions in case the email was misplaced or filtered incorrectly into the spam folder (unlikely as I replied in-line). I am assuming that the position has now been filled given that their website says all postings are kept up until they have been filled and the posting is no longer up on the careers website.

Why was I contacted and informed that they were moving forward with my application and then ignored? I can understand not responding to each and every applicant who doesn't make the first cut given that there can be a large volume of applications and not all companies have automated processes for hiring, but to completely ignore a candidate after contacting them and indicating that you would like to move forward with their application is completely unprofessional, inappropriate, and unbecoming of a company of any size and status.

For the record, I responded to the initial email within 24 hours (i.e., one business day) so it was within what should be considered a reasonable response time. It wasn't as if I had waited a week or more and they had already conducted other phone calls and narrowed down the candidates to in-person interviews. What an awful experience. I was genuinely interested in the position and excited by the prospect of working with Bloomberg BNA, but the process has left a poor and lasting impression.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.