Cover image for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Customer Service Representative (CSR) Interview Questions

Updated 17 Nov 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 179 interviews

Employee Referral15%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

Application

I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

Interview

Great interview, the interview was virtual so make sure you are looking your best. The interview was about an hour long. You find out if you got the job or not in about a week.

Interview Questions
  • Why is our company suitable for you?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Miami, FL) in Aug 2021

Interview

Very nice process. Very professional atmosphere. Interviewing supervisor very friendly. Only bad thing is members, tons of people were coming into complain constantly. Member services jobs are not for everyone.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths that will contribute to the company?

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Winston-Salem, NC) in Oct 2016

Interview

A telephone interview after you complete the application. If you get past that interview then they will schedule for a face to face interview if you get pass the phone interview ..you will interview with some form of management, it may not be in the department that you are being interviewed for ..then a drug test if offered a position

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Winston-Salem, NC) in Sept 2016

Interview

it was a panel type with a series of interviews it started off with a Phone interview from agency them interview at Bcbsnc in person with two hiring manager then one more interview with another hiring manager

Interview Questions
  • how do you handle an irate customer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in Jun 2016

Interview

The interview was very informative. After watching a video concerning the company we are able to have Q&A with another seasoned representative to better explain the job and the company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about the most difficult customer you have ever dealt with.

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in Mar 2016

Interview

There were 2 interviews. The first one they asked a series of questions that required a STAR response. The usual interview questions but they want a different type of response. They are very picky. The interviewer I had the pleasure of talking to asked questions about my previous employer which was TWC. She made it clear that BCBS does not want agents who previously worked for TWC because those agents do not possess soft skills and they have to "retrain" them on customer service. She even asked what are they (TWC) teaching new hires because she receives poor customer service when she calls. Not all agents are like that at TWC and she basically gave me my answer about employment at BCBS because of my past employer.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in Aug 2015

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and asked pre interview questions. I was sent a link via email to take the assessment. I passed. An initial phone interview was scheduled. I was offered a 2nd interview in person. I interviewed well but the woman interviewing me was unprofessional. She was 15 minutes late. Her attire was messy. She kept answering personal calls during the interview. I was told they would be making a decision soon. I interviewed on Wednesday and it's now Saturday. I'll give it until next week to hear back from someone.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you were faced with change, how did you respond to the change and how did it affect you?
  • What do you feel is most important when working on a team?
  • Name a time when you made an error on the job, what happened and what action's did you take?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC)

Interview

I met with one manager, two supervisors, an HR rep, another manager, my direct manager and then had a telephone interview with another manager. It was a very long process that took a few hours. They did offer me water and gave me a bathroom break inbetween one of the sessions. In two sessions I met with 2 people at once. I got a tour of the facility which was nice. It was a very long process, but the informals were conversational. Most of the people seemed friendly. The formal interview included situational based questions and the interviewer recorded my answers. HR spent a lot of time giving me information, which I found different from other companies. It was nice to get so much information up front about the company, initiatives, etc.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Charlotte, NC) in Jan 2015

Interview

Typing Test , One on One interview with Hiring manager . It was about 15 minutes . She had to cut it short for a meeting she said . She asked me about my previous employer and about myself . Convergys have a high turn over rate they hire about 20 people every couple of weeks .

Interview Questions
  • Do you have customer service experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Fayetteville, NC) in Dec 2014

Interview

I applied for this position 11/04/2014 and afterwards read the reviews on Glassdoor (most of which are very accurate). I received a call on 12/03/2014 from someone in HR and completed a short screening. The lady had my resume in hand and asked about my last 3 work experiences. I told her my roles and work related duties for each. For the prescreening, she asked me "Why Blue Cross and Blue Shield". This was probably my favorite question because it gives you an opportunity to show that you have done the research and seek this company beyond being a person who wants a job. She also asked me over the phone if I could think of a time in which I had an interaction with an unhappy customer. The prescreening for me was a sample of the actual interview. I was part of the last wave to interview on yesterday and it was an amazing experience. The interview was held at the library in downtown Fayetteville (Pate room in the lobby). You will walk in and the first step is to go up on stage to watch 2 2-3 minute videos about how BCBSNC impacts NC residents. WOW! At this moment, I knew I was in the right place. Understand that you will be more than just someone answering calls about insurance. After the video, we had a Q&A session with the CSPs. Think of some questions to ask beforehand because it will help them to understand your interests in what they do and the company. Some good ones from yesterday in my opinion "What challenges does your role pose" "What is the potential for growth" "What is your favorite/least favorite thing about your role". ASK ASK ASK Questions. Do not be shy! They need to see who is truly interested. Next we were greeted by about 14 hiring professional ranging from HR directors to Site Managers. You will meet with 2. They started with reviewing the resume. Again you want to be sure that you can comfortably relay the information presented on your resume. What's your educational back, who did you work for, what did you do? Be enthusiastic! MOST IMPORTANT PART OF MY REVIEW: I cannot stress the importance of taking some time before the interview to brush up on the STAR method. BCBS even recommends doing so in the itinerary they email you before the on site interview.That's what they use to interview. STAR: They will ask you behavioral questions and you must respond using STAR. Situation/Task, Action, Result. Take some time to Google the questions and think of HONEST yet suitable answers. If you can think quick on your feet then you will be fine, but you don't want the interview to drag either. So prepare beforehand. I was asked about 8 (four from the first hiring professional, and 4 from another) Examples: Think of a time in which you had to learn something to become effective, how long did it take, and what was the outcome. Tell me a time in which you disagreed with a policy change. Think of a time in which you disagreed with a manager about something. What do you like most about work/least about work Will find out after the new year if I receive an offer.

Interview Questions
  • What do you like most about your job/ least about your job. It should be an easy question, but I had to think about what I liked least about work.
4 people found this interview helpful