Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

1,829 Interview Reviews

3.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Recruited from campus. First round in office, two cases with a little bit of behavioral. Second and final round was the same but with partners instead. Cases were pretty quantitatively heavy.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2019.

Interview

After submitting my application, I completed a Pymetrics test. I then had my first- and second-round interviews at the office. I have been told that this was the first year the first-round was held at the office rather than on my campus.
    The overall process was very positive.

Interview Questions

• - Typical case interviews
      - What is one thing you would change about your time at university?
      - Can you describe a time in which it was difficult to work as a team?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online and received an email a while after inviting me to interview (first round) at the Boston Office. Transportation to the office was paid for. The interview was a series of questions related to personality and working in a team.

Interview Questions

• Talk about one time where you were working in a team and there was a disagreement. Mention how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

1st round: 2 strategy cases, usually about current projects they're working on. There are also 2-3 typical behavioral questions each. Total interview time was about 1 hour. It was at their office.

Interview Questions

• Why BCG, tell me about a time you worked in a team, what to you defines good team dynamic   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

standard consulting interview; held online via video chat. was invited to interview after submitting application online. i dont have an MBA but have a different business degree and come from a CS background. had some technical difficulties which threw off the schedule. 2 45-minute sessions back to back

Interview Questions

• two cases that the interviewers had worked on. my mental math skills were rusty and this really held me up.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

First-round interview. Interviewed with two interviewers for 45min each (15 min for behavioral questions, 30 min for case interview, and 5 min Q&A ). The first one went very well, but the second one did not - mostly because I did not do the math well. There were a lot of math like 11B*0.32% and that drove me crazy and made me much more nervous.

Interview Questions

• What do you want yourself to improve on working in BCG? Is there anything you have done that needs to compromise on something? What can you bring for BCG? What kind of team member are you   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Two 45 min interviews: 5 minutes of fit and a 30 min case. Tough interview but very nice people all around, from the recruiting team to the interviewers themselves. My cases were quant heavy in an unfamiliar industry. You never know what industry you'll get in your cases.

Interview Questions

• Why BCg?
      Why consulting?
      Tell me about a time you had to change someone's mind to achieve a goal   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied online and interviewed for the first round in person about 2 months later. I had a phone conversation with a recruiter about 2-3 weeks before the first round. I had 2nd round interviews about one week later. Both rounds were two case interviews with a small behavior portion in the beginning. The cases were challenging, but doable. Overall, it was a positive experience. They try to provide as much support as possible throughout the process.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The process was the standard strategy consulting two rounds of two interviews lasting 45 mins each. The first round was great and both interviewers knew what they were doing. They were present and actively engaged in the interview process. The second round was far from professional. One partner took the interview on his phone and looked like he was half asleep from start to finish. The connection kept dropping in and out. He was not actively listening and missed key points, which in the feedback portion of the interview, he mentioned I had failed to prosecute.

I am seeking to move from another strategy house and can say this was one of the most unprofessional interviews I have ever seen.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I was provided the opportunity to participate in a fast-track program, but still interviewed with senior leadership at the firm. Interviewers were friendly and kind, but did not hesitate to push me on my numbers, ensuring that I would be on my A-game.

Interview Questions

• How did my passion for a niche scientific field (i.e. astronomy or meteorology) translate to an interest and aptitude for business and consulting?   Answer Question