Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.8

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process is straightforward, master business cases and you'll succeed. There are plenty of free ones online to aid your practice. I read and memorized Case In Point and it helps provide a useful beginning framework for thinking about things, although you shouldn't just repeat the canned responses from the book

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I had a first round interview on-campus followed by an interview in Boston. The process was intimidating at times, but I did feel that the interviewers were interested in my success.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you set a goal and worked aggressively towards it.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied through Handshake
    2, 45 Minute Interviews Back-to-Back with 2 Cases
    One Case was much more difficult than the other
    One Interviewer seemed that she didn't really want to be there, but the other was extremely lively and helpful

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had to overcome a challenge   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

1st round: 2 strategy cases, usually about current projects they're working on. There are also 2-3 typical behavioral questions each. Total interview time was about 1 hour. It was at their office.

Interview Questions

• Why BCG, tell me about a time you worked in a team, what to you defines good team dynamic   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

2 separate interviews walking you through both general questions and also two different case studies. They both take about an hour each so it is a test of endurance as well

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

On campus recruiting followed by two rounds of interviews, with two interview in each round. Second round of interviews was at the office location of choice. Majority of time was dedicated to the case, but all interviewers asked 2-4 behavioral questions that seemed to have played a role in the overall decision to hire.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process has 3 steps: CV selection, first interview, and second interview. The first and second interviews are really similar: each has 2 interviewers and they do a case + 10 min behavioral part. In the end, you have to be ready to go through 4 cases (2 in the first interview and 2 in the second interview).

Interview Questions

• Clubs that I was a part in school and a time that I showed leadership.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Really great experience. BCG really invests a lot of time and resources in its recruiting process to make sure they get the best people. Lots of associates and consultants emailed me before, during, and after the process to offer help, advice, support, etc. Consultants held case workshops and mock interviews on campus before the first round, and a consultant called me before the final round to give me last-minute feedback/tips on my performance.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied through University. First round on campus, two 45 minute interviews. Final round onsite at office, two 45 minute interviews. First round was very formulaic, like what you see in the case prep books. Second round was a lot less structured.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you resolved an ambiguous situation.   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Cambridge, MA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Two 30-minute case interviews back-to-back. The hardest part was analyzing the tables quickly. Looking back, I wish I'd prepared more for this interview. Both interviewers were definitely very nice, and they were pretty supportive throughout the cases. Don't underestimate these types of case interviews, and make sure to prepare thoroughly before hand, especially market sizing and reading tables quickly.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced in a teamwork environment?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.