Boston Consulting Group Visiting Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Boston Consulting Group Visiting Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.8

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was given a weeks notice to interview. The interview consisted of an online test, an interview with a consultant, and an interview with a partner, all back to back. The consultant was super friendly, whereas the partner had a straight poker face the entire time. Overall I had a good experience- everyone in the office was super friendly- but after the cases felt like there was no way I would get the job (a bunch of my estimates were off, etc).

Interview Questions

• You look great on paper, but what are you like as a person?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation (internship)

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for a German office, although I'm from the States. There were various recruitment events for BCG's international offices, and I applied by reaching out to their German recruitment coordinator in charge of the US. The interview process was very simple: two 30-minute interviews with two different Principals from different German offices. Both interviewers were outgoing and interesting to talk to. In both interviews, our conversations took up so much time that we had less than ten minutes left for the case. The cases were simple with basic calculations. After the interviews there was also a written, multiple choice test with various business cases; but I don't believe that it factored into their decision.

Interview Questions

• What is the craziest thing you've ever done?   1 Answer

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2014.

Interview

Initial 45 test questions case. After one week, first round of interviews with consultants, one week later another round of interviews with 2 principals. Failed at the end of one business case. I was afterwards told that I would need more practice and I should try to practice a little bit with a book like Case in Point.

It is not as difficult as it could seem at first. Best advice I could give is not to be nervous. I wasn't and even though it was first interview in my life, I got through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• If you were CEO of a very successful company, what would be your first three policies.   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

After I succeeded in the online SHL test, I did one interview with the HR and three interviews with business cases with Project Leaders. The entire process required almost 2 months. The selection process requires a lot of committment.

Visiting Associate Interview

Interview

Rather long process. Includes classic "consulting" cases and fit questions. Read your interview books and you'll be prepared, but after all it's a mather of fit which you cannot fake.

Visiting Associate Interview

Interview

Experienced a very fast paced, friendly but challenging process. Went through an IQ test followed by 5 interviews on the same day. Afterwards, I received an offer on the VA position.

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 rounds:
    1st round: 2 interviews with principals(10 mins fit+35 mins case+5 mins for asking question)
    2nd round: Same format as above but with partners. Cases might be more of a brainstorming session.

Interview Questions

• Why shouldn't BCG hire you?   1 Answer

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I had two personal interviews consisting of a personal fit part and a case study. Furthermore, you had to do an online test where they test your mathematical abilities and analytical thinking. Knowing some business basics is definitely helpful!

Interview Questions

• Personal fit: What are three values that are personally important to you?   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2018.

Interview

Did an online case, three more cases, one with a project leader principal and partner. Also another interview (no case) with a partner.

The cases were pretty hard but i got along well with the interviewers before the cases started so I was pretty calm.

Visiting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2018.

Interview

It is quite long with several interviews and different interviewers. It is necessary to prepare it in advance and to be really motivated. People are very charming and willing to help you during the process anyway.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that is not on your CV   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.