Boston Pizza Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Boston Pizza Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Pizza

1.8

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Pizza (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with HR and another with the GM of the restaurant franchise I worked for. The one with HR was at their head office and was a bit of a "screening" process. They asked typical interview questions. The girl was a bit stone-faced when I was answering, which was a bit strange and intimidating. Like she was told to not express emotion specifically.

Interview Questions

• typical...strengths/weaknesses, how would you promote the restaurant, describe a time when you had to think on your feet, etc...   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Pizza.

Interview

Kind, polite and make you feel welcome. Questions are relevant to the job position. Communications before and after the interview are timely and informative.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate if possible and ask for a sales bonus, your job impact tremendously the sales results

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Pizza in January 2017.

Interview

A very lengthy interview process. I went through three different interviewers and never heard back. I applied on Indeed and got a call the next day to set up an interview. The first interview was with the General Manager. She didn't ask me many questions and used the opportunity to explain the role. Prior to the interview, you have to do a SWOT Analysis on the company. She asked me things like, what I know about the position, Boston Pizza, and how I handle stress. She made it apparent that the role was stressful and really wanted to know how you are able to handle it from upper management. She told me that she would set up a second interview for me with the Regional Manager. I met her a few days after on the Friday and that interview was a lot more of what you would expect from a standard interview. She was very friendly and was a lot more thorough in asking me about my skills and accolades. She told me she would set up another interview for me with the Director of Operations with all of Western Canada. The same night she called me and told me it was set up for Monday evening. She was accommodating with my schedule and booked it for after work hours. I met him and he asked me very generic questions knowing that I've been to two rounds of interviews. Asked me about my work and school, the regular. At the end of the interview, he gave me his card and wrote his personal number in case I had any questions for him. He told me he would let me know by Monday. I never heard back which I found very unprofessional seeing as I went through such a lengthy process. You'd think they'd at least have the decency to send an email saying I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a SWOT Analysis
      What do you know about BP
      Why do you want to work here
      What do you know about the role
      Describe yourself   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Pizza.

Interview

Passed along my resume through someone I know within the company, in hopes that would get me through the first round and in to meet the hiring manager. Was not the case.

BP used a recruiter for this position and had a really rough phone interview with her. She kept interrupting me when I was walking through my resume and before I could finish, she was talking to me about a different company that I should be applying to based on my experience. Well no, I applied to this position for a reason. She kept referring to my experience and this company would make a great fit, so I assume she has a position that she thinks i would fit nicely and wants to fill her other position but all I wanted to do was focus on this interview, this position and wanted to get into this field. It through me off and was not one of my better interviews because of this.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this when you have experience in other things? You should be applying to "ABC Company" instead of this.   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Application

I interviewed at Boston Pizza in June 2013.

Interview

I walked in, filled out an application before the interview started. The interview didn't take long, lots of questions on prior restaurant experience, why Boston Pizza, what makes you a good candidate for this position, how far do you live from here, etc. The whole interview seemed like he was looking for experience rather than potential. He asked me if I had my Smart Serve Certification (I didn't, which was the main reason why I didn't get the job - completely understandable). He also asked me how committed I was, he was looking for someone who could work there long term. Lastly, he asked me about my previous experience, but because my experience was not up to his standards (I had CS, sales, and fast food experience, but not restaurant experience). Finally he told me I did not get the job.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Pizza (London, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

A quick and very good process. The manager was very friendly in the interview, making the process a little easier and more comfortable. I got a call about the job offer within 1 week. All of the staff are very friendly. As I got up to the front to introduce myself and tell the host I was there for an interview, she immediately showed me to a seat and asked if I wanted anything to drink

Interview Questions

• Think of a time that a customer got upset with you, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Pizza (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

called to ask if they were hiring, manager said yes and set up an interview time. interviewed, got hired on the spot, but was put to work as a hostess and was told it would be months before I could even begin training as a server. generally, interview process was easy and lasted about 5-10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you have witnessed or been involved in a hostile work environment and what you did to solve it.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Pizza (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)).

Interview

Job fair. Interviewed with another person. Asked basic customer service questions. They were looking for fun, outgoing people that could handle customer requests. Talk about communication and teamwork. The interviewer said he hired someone that day because she did an impromptu dance (shows care free/fun personality).

Server Interview

Interview

Didn't have an interview they hired me on the spot, as I know the manager. overall experience was positive. it was a good job to make some extra money and I enjoyed my time there. good job to have for extra money,

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leduc, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Pizza (Leduc, AB (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I arrieved and dropped off a resume to the manager in person and had an immediate interview. He proceed with a normal interview process and then offered me the position. Started with a few training and shadowing shifts.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a hard to deal with customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told that the wage was minimum wage and that the tip out rate was 3% of your total food sales and that Fridays and Saturdays there was a tip out to the bartender.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.