Bridgepoint Education Interview Questions

Updated 29 Jun 2015

2.9

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an in-person interview a few days later. The process was pretty easy. Emphasis on previous sales experience and what I thought about higher education. Was offered a job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a call the next day wanting to schedule a phone interview. Completed first and second phone interview within two days. I had done research on the company and realized that the reviews on working there weren't the best and also that the stock price had dropped pretty significantly. I asked the recruiter about this and she said that the company was restructuring. While i understand that, it seemed a little fishy. The position turned out to be a lot more cold-call sales than I was interested in and I'm pretty sure that's the reason they didn't want to move forward with me.

Systems Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Interview

Initial contact was a Phone screen. I then had an in person interview which lasted about two and a half hours.There were two individual interviews, one by the director of product delivery and one by the products supervisor. Each were about an hour. I had a skills test after that and then was presented an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not flexible on benefits and PTO. Ask for more money. Trying to get reasonable increases as an employee is difficult, if not impossible.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Interview

Used a temporary placement agency

Interview Questions

• There was nothing really out of the ordinary in their hiring process.   Answer Question

Too low of salary

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

The recruiter called me for quick phone screening and then two days later they called me to come in for in person interview. I was interviewed by two people, it lasted about 45 minutes. The next day they called me again to come in for the second interview to meet with their executives the interview lasted for about an hour and half.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still waiting for an offer.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Talent Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

Let me start by saying that this was the most unprofessional experience I have had. The first red flag (besides the poor reviews of the HR and recruiting department on here) was when the recruiter called me while I was driving and asked me if I had a few minutes. I said I was driving and would be home in 15 min to call her back. She disregarded that and just continued on with asking me several questions for about 5 minutes even though I said it was not a good time. At the end of it, she set up the actual phone interview for the following day. The day after that, I was in the office for an interview. This was the only plus. The office was great and I really enjoyed the two hiring managers I met with. However, I was told by the recruiter I was interviewing with one hiring manager so I had no idea who the other was - another strike for the recruiter.

Interview Questions

I received a request to fill out a reference check form within a few hours of my interview and was told to reach out to all of my references so they can expect the call, which I did. By end of day, the recruiter called me with an offer because "the hiring managers were so impressed with the interview." And then things went downhill really quick. She gave me the terms of the offer and I asked if it were possible to negotiate for a small amount more. ( I was already taking a big salary cut.) She said she would get back to me. For the next week I got no response to any of my emails or calls. Finally, three days before my expected start date, she calls me and says that they could not match my request and they had "taken my request into consideration and offered the role to someone else." Moral of the story, don't expect professionalism and salary negotiations are a deal breaker.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

The process was disorganized. Some interviewers were prepared, some were not. However, I bypassed much of their usual process, so my particular experience may not be typical. I'd be prepared and enthusiastic if I were going in for an interview, but would still not expect anything too unconventional. Understand the ups and downs of for profit education and know what you're getting into.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that was out of the ordinary   1 Answer

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard process for applying for the job. Found the listing for the job online and sent them a resume. Next step was a phone interview. After that I went in for an interview in person. The interview was with three people and was pretty standard except for the questions from one of the interviewers. Upon reflecting on it afterwords, I think he was trying to gauge my problem solving abilities. The first odd question was how I could get my resume on one page without changing the font size. Well I have always thought that the best resume was one page, but I can't seem to make mine fit anymore. After talking about adding columns etc, his idea was to use the back of the page. To me that is not solving the problem, but just saving a piece of paper. It is still technically two pages, but just one sheet of paper. Anyway the next one was even better. He said, "Simple question, how many pay phones are in New York?". No mention at all about how would you find out this information or anything, just how many. Keep in mind this position was for a $10/hr intern. I was so taken aback I simply said I don't know. I think he was looking for me to tell him how I would go about finding out this information, but to me that is a really stupid way to test problem solving. Needless to say I didn't get the job.......thank goodness.

Interview Questions

• How many pay phones are there in New York City?   1 Answer

Ap Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

I was selected to interview by Vaco Recruiting manager Cassie Stroben. She interviewed me first and explained the job description. I was then interviewed by a member of Human Resources at Bridgepoint Education and by the Accounting Manager. I received a call from Cassie Stroben at Vaco with a start date for the temporary position.

Interview Questions

• Explain my experience with Concur.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.