Bridgestone Americas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Bridgestone Americas Interview Questions

Interviews at Bridgestone Americas

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas.

Interview

Straight forward questions from the plant manager. It was a panel interview. Make sure you do some research on the company before the interview. And make sure you look presentable

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What can you do to help our company? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Value Chain Leader - Vice President/Director of Supply Chain LATAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Nashville, TN (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me late in December, I had a couple of screening questions with him. Prior to the holidays I got the first interview with the hiring supervisor (SVP of supply chain).
    Video call went well, they scheduled a new video call in the beginning of January.
    Mid-January I was asked to go to Nashville for an in person interview with 6 people. From 8:30 to 2:30pm. It went well and on the following week I did an assessment test on my personality/leadership and a few days after I had an interview with the psychologist.

On the last week of January I received a call from the recruiter saying that I did really well and they would contact me shortly with a decision.

I followed up after 1 week, no answer.
    On the second week of February I discovered that they interviewed someone that was listed on my resume as one of my references. the problem is that this was very unethical since they asked me specific questions about him during my interview.
    Many times I said that if there was any further questions I would be available to answer at any time. I wanted to make their process easier. They went completely dark on me for 2 more weeks (1 month total) with no feedback.

By the end of February, I saw on Linkedin that the same position was posted again.
    When I asked about it, in the following day they closed the listing and replied saying that they made an offer to someone else.

I accepted their decision with no problem, but then I asked for a feedback.
    They said that the person chosen had experience in Mexico and that was the decision factor.

My point is, I was never asked during the entire process any specific questions about how to solve specific issues in Mexico (which by the way I have more than 13 years of experience). So how did they come with that conclusion?

To be honest, if they treat people like that, it speaks volumes about their company culture, processes and leadership.

Interview Questions

• They said Spanish was a requirement   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Fayetteville, AR (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

3 Region level interviewers. Asked mostly behavioral interview questions, requiring work experience to draw upon to answer effectively. The interviewers were very personable and created an atmosphere which allowed me to present myself as well as possible.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a sense of team among teammates who are working in separate store locations?   Answer Question

Busineess Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Nashville, TN (US)).

Interview

The interview process was very efficient. It included a phone interview as well as phone calls with the recruiter. There were 3 employees who conducted the interviews separately all in one day. The first two were each a half hour and the last one was one hour.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job? Do you have experience in locking scope during the various phases of a project, even when previous decisions were made?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Nashville, TN (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

1) Recruiter call (30min)
    - Discussed general details of the position. Asked standard personality and experience questions. I would add that the recruiter was incredibly kind and insightful throughout the process - that is, until the end when NO feedback was provided as to why they decided on someone else and completely ghosted. You apply to corporate, expect corporate treatment.

2) Sr Manager call (30min)
    - Discussed my background in further detail, project-specific + needs and requirements of the position against my experience/knowledge. Overall pleasant and painful experience. Invited for in-person.

3) First round in-person interview (1hr)
    - Panel of three, Supervisor, fellow Sr PM, and Biz Dev. Walked through very, VERY general PM questions. Literally each person took turns asking questions from a pre-defined list and no real dialogue.
    Advice: Keep answers short and sweet. Go into further detail if asked to explain.

4) Final panel in-person interview (1hr)
    - Again with same panel of three; same theme and flow. Surprised at the real lack of in-depth discussions on experience or other familiarity. Still, process was very robotic (though they were very pleasant throughout). Not a lot of time for my own questions, quickly came and booted out once the hour was up (must be difficulty getting conference rooms).

General Advice:
    - Prepare yourself with cue-card style responses.
    - Keep things moving and you'll do fine.
    - Don't expect any real response or cohesive understanding of the interview process - the wheel keeps turning (so to speak).
    - Also..get your PMP.
    - First and foremost, ASK if this is a position originally intended for an internal hire. If so, save yourself the trouble.

Interview Questions

• (Standard cue-card PM questions, literally read from a printed sheet of paper passed around in round-robin)
      Qs:
      What is the most difficult project you've managed?
      How do you handle conflict?
      Name a time when you've failed.
      List five words to describe you. (yes..this was a question)
      What is the most important quality of a good PM?
      How do you mitigate risk?
      What is your typical PM process?
      Name a time (questions in general)
      etc.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very slow and lacking in consistent communication. It consisted of a phone screen with a recruiter, in person interview with the District manager and a panel phone interview consisting of the Zone Manager, Operations Manager, HR Manager and the District Manager. All interviews went well and they liked my extensive background in management. The interviews resulted in a low-ball offer despite being aware of the range I gave them. At every step, my range was not a concern! After a very positive conversation, I asked if they could work with me on the offer? The DM said he would see what he could do and get back to me "tomorrow." However, I got NOTHING! After I left voicemails, emails and a text, they FAILED to respond and give any explanation. They chose to avoid responsibility to proper professionalism! I even sent a email to the HR manager who participated in the panel interview and got NOTHING back.

If you're knowingly going to low-ball talented and experienced managers, you need to be prepared to negotiate. If you're NOT willing to negotiate, don't tell your candidate you will call back the next day with no intention of calling. Truth is, I was very excited about the opportunity and was willing to accept less than my original range. However, I never expected this treatment.

I'm shocked a company like Bridgestone would support/allow this type of hiring practice from its leadership team while its own HR turns its cheek! I was good enough for a offer but not deserving of respectful professionalism! I can only imagine how this type of leadership negatively impacts field team engagement!

Interview Questions

• Questions were behavioral and scripted. The DM and panel interviews were virtually the same questions.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas.

Interview

They would invite multiple people for the same position and let them compete with one another on the same day.

This helps them better manage the interview and their work schedules, but it tells you just how much they care about the prospective employee.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Interview was straightforward. Talked about my background and answered mostly behavioral type questions with 3 different groups (hiring manager, 2 panels). My biggest complaint is that they ghost you after the interview and it was struggle to get my expenses reimbursed. I sent in my expense report to the recruiter the day after the interview and it took several additional emails and phone calls (with no response) and over 6 weeks to receive my reimbursement. The recruiter claimed my emails got lost in his inbox. That's really poor talent management. I would be wary interviewing with them.

Machine Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Graniteville, SC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Graniteville, SC (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

You interview with 3 people the first time and 2 people the last interview. They ask you situational question and basic information about the work history. Interviewers wasn't bad at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you went above and beyond to get the job done   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter, had an initial phone screen with them, moved onto an onsite interview with the hiring manager (s). Was assured several times by both recruiter and HM that I would receive follow up regardless of whether or not I'd be moving forward in the process - for both interviews (separate positions with separate recruiters and different hiring managers) I have yet to hear any word back, despite me following up with the recruiter with an update on several occasions. Maybe these were one-off situations but my advice to the TA team is to be consistent and either follow up when you say you will, or don't tell the candidate they'll be hearing back regardless.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.