Côte Restaurant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Côte Restaurant

2.9

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Côte Restaurant (London, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

Online test questionnaire with multiple possibility answer but no room for explanation. I got no negative or positive feedback either. This type of interview leaves out any room for creative process.

Interview Questions

• When creating the weekly rota, how many of these would influence it, tick as many as you feel appropriate.   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a member of staff that did not turn up to a busy shift   1 Answer
    • What do you think gives us out great reputation as a company   1 Answer
    • A waiter and a chef are arguing, how do you deal with the situation   1 Answer
    • How do you treat a regular customer   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Côte Restaurant (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First interview on the phone then an interview with a recruiter in one of their brunch which was great after s trial where you will he asked to do a questionare prior your shift after a chat with the gm so far all standard but the best is your final interview where you meet senior management that the only things they say is how much they like to promote internal employee and they keep going on all the time making you feel you are actually wasting time but why then they look for external if they love to promote internally ???

Interview Questions

• Everything they asked you is about what would you do for guest and any of you Aswer they will respond ohh in cote we do this way   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Côte Restaurant (London, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

It was challenging, personal and contradicting! Kept mentioning throughout that they knew this person and that. You work for Cote so surely the interview is about your brand and not others. It makes you think why there are so many vacancies has popped up all over the brand.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Côte Restaurant (London, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

it was a recruitment day, started with and introduction powerpoint, then they asked everyone to say something about themselves, a few lighthearted activities followed by a menu presentation which was all fun. Short interview at end to just check working hours

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Côte Restaurant.

Interview

Open day format so you show up with your CV to an open day or to the restaurant directly and speak to the manager. Manager will look at your CV and call you back for an interview if successful. 15 minute final interview. You will be offered a drink, accept it and be chatty. You are applying for a service role so they want to see how you interact with a stranger.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Côte Restaurant (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Recruitment Team first, by Chantelle who was really lovely and bubbly. She had great knowledge about the company and was really enthusiastic and answered all my questions. I then did a trial shift at their Soho restaurant where Chris the General Manager was really welcoming and friendly. After that, I interviewed with the Area Manager and Regional Manager.

Commis Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dartford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Côte Restaurant (Dartford, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Came in for a trial shift for roughly 2 hours long. Gave a me quick tour, introduced a few members, had to memorise the table numbers, did some basic tasks and they want to see if you can hack it. If you just sit there and don't use your initiative or slow people down, you will most likely not be hired.

Interview Questions

• Why Cote Brasserie?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you had a difficult customer and you had to resolve the issue, how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Côte Restaurant (Worcester, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Enjoyable and chilled interview process, was a group interview after an introductory speech and more about the company, whereby we were put into groups and were asked to collectively produce a poster on a food that they served. Then we were individually called to an interview with the area manager, where we had a short conversation to project more about ourselves.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example where you have had to solve a problem in a professional environment?   Answer Question

Unknown Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Côte Restaurant.

Interview

Poor - very unprofessional - shocking - the person recruiting didn't follow any specific process because he had no knowledge of management. Unclear terms and conditions and do not treat people with respect. Need to train your staff carefully and apply also fair recruitment process

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canterbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Côte Restaurant (Canterbury, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Went to one of their 'assessment days' where most of it was group work. Didn't really feel that it was an intense interview as the mood was generally lighthearted. Asked to create a menu and present in front of other groups. There was a one on one interview near the end, but its styled to be more of a friendly chat.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.