CGI Communications Interview Questions

Updated 29 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 44 of over 44 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at CGI Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY) in Feb 2021

Interview

I applied online a couple months ago and had a quick call/email exchange with the recruiter. I was then scheduled for an interview a couple of days later. The interview was over video with two leads on the content team. They were both friendly and the questions were fairly simple; our conversation actually went over the allotted time. The only negative thing was that they said I'd hear from them either way, but I never heard from them again. Not too disappointed since I received a better offer somewhere else.

Interview Questions
  • What types of content do you have experience writing?
    Answer Question
  • Are you comfortable with working remote?

CGI Communications

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CGI Communications

Interview

Really good and informative. It was very descriptive and they were very open in terms of the job description. All my questions were answered and it was a comfortable process overall.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

CGI Communications

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI Communications in Aug 2019

Interview

It was fairly simple and all over the phone. I was surprised it was all over the phone and definitely weirded out at first but it turned out to not be a problem at all, once I got my offer. It's only because I was applying for a job at one of the remote offices. I had three phone calls with two different people, both of which were very nice and professional. Not intimidating whatsoever, pretty welcoming actually.

Interview Questions
  • What was a difficult situation you had to overcome, in a professional environment?

CGI Communications

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI Communications

Interview

Fairly easy interview, seemed like I was going to get an offer and hear over the phone but found out through email from someone else. Wanted to know exactly what I want to do with my future.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CGI Communications

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CGI Communications in May 2019

Interview

The initial interview was very well organized and presented. Although the presentation was great, the company did not include a lot of undesirable information in its job description and was vague about it when asked.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Knoxville, IA) in Jan 2019

Interview

The interview process was quite simple. Looking for people who are eager and determined to make money and work 40 hours a week. Super nice people on the phone who genuinely care for your success.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY) in Dec 2018

Interview

It seemed great at first, They contacted ME on LinkedIn for a position, I was brought in right away for my first meeting in which I was lead to believe they would pursue me as a candidate, talking about next steps etc. I was told I would be called by end of week, and the following wee I was called an informed they would be off for the Holiday week and would get in touch after. 2 weeks went by and I called to discuss next steps and was told they were very much still interested but I needed to meet with the CEO hopefully next Monday or Tuesday and then never heard back. They strung me along for weeks with no formal let down or offer. WASTE OF TIME. Unorganized hiring process and way too many hands in the process that have no idea what they need.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me what skills I had relevant to the job, and what motivates me. The rest of the time they talked about themselves.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at CGI Communications (New York, NY)

Interview

W this company reached out to me to interview for a video for a Bell County production put on by Judge John Burroughs and former Temple Economic Development coordinator David Blackburn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY) in Apr 2018

Interview

Met with 2 different people at 2 separate times. The first interview consisted of basic questions. The second interview consisted of re-asking similar questions and describing more about myself. I just do not understand how the company is going to retain people working there with such low salaries. This position is offered at $30,000. For any student coming out of school knows that it is equating to a minimum wage job and you could make more money being a server. Not worth the time to interview with this company that barely has any diversity and doesn't offer fair compensation.

Interview Questions
  • What is one of your biggest accomplishments throughout your life?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY) in Feb 2018

Interview

They were hiring 5 designers for their Web Design position. I came in for an interview with the two creative directors, but it ended up only being one. Just a typical get-to-know-you interview, get a feel for me as a person, me getting a feel for the position, company, and office. Reviewed some work on my portfolio but that wasn't too extensive as we were running out of time. She showed some examples of web work they do for their clients and the process they use for that. I was contacted for a second interview scheduled for the next week. Interview 1:1 with the other director in the same format, just faster and a little different, and then did a 30 minute practical "test" they'd never done before. I met with one of their designers who took me through their WordPress (they only "design" in WP) and had me take 30 minutes with a real client brief, copy, and assets to see what I could do. I obviously didn't get super far and it didn't look great in 30 minutes, but it wasn't a big deal. Had a short recap with the two CD's and the staff designer and they said I'd hear back the next week. I got a phone call and an offer letter via email the next day, and had to respond within two days.

Interview Questions
  • They put 5 words on a whiteboard and asked how I'd rank them from 1-5 for what was most important to me and why. Some of them were: salary, job title, work/life balance, etc
Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Interviews