CGI Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 15 Feb 2019

2.2

Sort:

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

They were hiring 5 designers for their Web Design position. I came in for an interview with the two creative directors, but it ended up only being one. Just a typical get-to-know-you interview, get a feel for me as a person, me getting a feel for the position, company, and office. Reviewed some work on my portfolio but that wasn't too extensive as we were running out of time. She showed some examples of web work they do for their clients and the process they use for that.

I was contacted for a second interview scheduled for the next week. Interview 1:1 with the other director in the same format, just faster and a little different, and then did a 30 minute practical "test" they'd never done before. I met with one of their designers who took me through their WordPress (they only "design" in WP) and had me take 30 minutes with a real client brief, copy, and assets to see what I could do. I obviously didn't get super far and it didn't look great in 30 minutes, but it wasn't a big deal.

Had a short recap with the two CD's and the staff designer and they said I'd hear back the next week. I got a phone call and an offer letter via email the next day, and had to respond within two days.

Interview Questions

• They put 5 words on a whiteboard and asked how I'd rank them from 1-5 for what was most important to me and why. Some of them were: salary, job title, work/life balance, etc   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Great, warm, welcome process; very personable HR dept.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CGI Communications.

Interview

Sent in an application via LinkedIn, received an email for an interview a few days later. Interviewer was wearing a polo shirt and was super cocky, and I could tell from the atmosphere that it seemed like a "bro" and preppy-like culture. After interview, I was told that I would receive a call by the end of the week if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Take these five words and put them in the order that you value most. I cant remember specific words, but it was something like "Confidence, Personality, Work Quality" stuff like that. Then I had to say why I did that order.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I had 4 interviews, Human resources, An associate manager, President of my division and then The CEO, a little long of a process, however I feel for what they were hiring me for they were looking for a specific person, and nailed it with me!

Interview Questions

• What do I know about what CGI does   1 Answer

Junior Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CGI Communications.

Interview

Interviewer was having issues with his new Apple computer, he forgot I was there. He eventually he told me I didn't have any fresh ideas. I didn't offer any ideas. I walked away assuming CGI doesn't hire folks over 50 years of age.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CGI Communications.

Interview

Straight forward. No tricks

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CGI Communications.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by initial HR interview, followed by direct manager interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Everything is negotiable if you are qualified.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gates, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Gates, NY (US)).

Interview

Phone to face to face interview fairly quick. Interview had a pick which one of these 5 traits is most important and then go down the list and rank the next 4.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Typically we have 2-3 interviews. For me I had a one on one with the Director of Personnel. Next was with the manager of the role I was applying for which was Sales Associate. Both were very friendly and easy to work with throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Do I know what the company does?   1 Answer

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY (US)).

Interview

Two interviews and a phone screen. Asked a variety of questions. I was right out of college at the time so questions pertaining to my skill set, what I learned in school, situational questions. They want to get to know your real personality.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.