CGI Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

CGI Communications Interview Questions

Interviews at CGI Communications

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

My interviewer was extremely unprofessional. He showed up half an hour late for my interview because he told me he had gone for a run. He then told me to shadow a sales associate while he went down to shower. He came back and then was very condescending towards me.

After the interview he told me to think about it and call him back the next day, and when I did he didn't answer. I tried later that day. No answer. I tried the next day, no answer, the next day, the day after that, no answer. Finally I called after the weekend and left him a slightly pissed vm and he called me back and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• "So, let me guess, you were the kid that thought you were going to have everything handed to you on a silver plate and would never have to work hard at anything until you one day graduated college and reality hit you in the face, am I right?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Basically accept this or see ya later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

1:1 very basic. If your upright and can talk. They will hire you.

Interview Questions

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

CGI got to know me rather than just treat me like a number and it felt more like a genuine conversation than an actual interview for a job.
    Make sure you know about the company and bring some questions with you.
    The office is awesome, they have football jerseys on the wall!

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Basic interview questions. Two interviews, initial interview with HR rep, then when they decide which division you'd fit in best with, they send you to interview with the head of that division.

Interview Questions

• How have you learned from your experiences at a past job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Sent in my resume and had to wait 2 weeks to hear back then got called in for interview. Sat down with personal director was very friendly and gave and overview of the company. Then asked about what me as a person and that was really it

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

straight forward, answered all my questions, liked the questions that I asked, met with division president, then my direct supervisor was brought in to meet me by president, they drink a lot of coffee here, very energetic people for 8 am

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Simple, straight forward interview. Interviewer very polite and complimentary. Continued to focus on vocabulary that indicated a strong interest in my qualifications. Wanted to know where I felt I would fit best in the company. At its conclusion, I asked if I should follow up with him, and he assured me that I would be contacted. I waited a week, called, waited another week, then called again. No response. Left a very sour taste in my mouth that they could not be bothered to return my calls, no matter what the outcome was.

Graphic Designer Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of a 1:1 with two separate people then a skills test, which included questions and the tracing of a logo. The 1:1 with the first guy was a lot of personal questions. We went over some of my portfolio work. The second 1:1 was more of your regular interview with your typical questions. Afterwards they sit you at a desk to take a taste that consisted of graphic design/web design question then had you retrace a logo. The interview was for a job that started in two weeks. I did not receive my letter of decline until a month and a half later.

Interview Questions

• What web design experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • What is the most frustrating quality a person can have to you?   1 Answer

SEO Web Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website. Had been told by a friend that the work culture is great and so checked their openings. Got an email calling me for interview the very next day. The interview was set to happen almost a week later.

The interview started a couple of minutes late since the interviewer showed up late and sadly did not apologise for keeping me waiting.

There were two interviewers and both of them were very friendly. Both listened to me very patiently.

Overall the interview was smooth and lasted close to 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself updated on the current SEO trends?   Answer Question
    • What tools do you use to do your keyword research?   Answer Question
    • If you notice that your website flags spam alert, what are the 1st 4 steps you will do to diagnose the problem?   Answer Question
    • My thoughts about living and working in Rochester, NY   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself 5 years down the line on the career front?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CGI Communications.

Interview

Really good and informative. It was very descriptive and they were very open in terms of the job description. All my questions were answered and it was a comfortable process overall.