CGI Communications Web Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CGI Communications (Rochester, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

They were hiring 5 designers for their Web Design position. I came in for an interview with the two creative directors, but it ended up only being one. Just a typical get-to-know-you interview, get a feel for me as a person, me getting a feel for the position, company, and office. Reviewed some work on my portfolio but that wasn't too extensive as we were running out of time. She showed some examples of web work they do for their clients and the process they use for that.

I was contacted for a second interview scheduled for the next week. Interview 1:1 with the other director in the same format, just faster and a little different, and then did a 30 minute practical "test" they'd never done before. I met with one of their designers who took me through their WordPress (they only "design" in WP) and had me take 30 minutes with a real client brief, copy, and assets to see what I could do. I obviously didn't get super far and it didn't look great in 30 minutes, but it wasn't a big deal.

Had a short recap with the two CD's and the staff designer and they said I'd hear back the next week. I got a phone call and an offer letter via email the next day, and had to respond within two days.

Interview Questions

• They put 5 words on a whiteboard and asked how I'd rank them from 1-5 for what was most important to me and why. Some of them were: salary, job title, work/life balance, etc   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.