Calsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Calsoft Interview Questions

Updated 11 Jun 2019

Senior Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Calsoft (Pune).

Interview

Interview is based on Unix Internals and File System Internals

Negotiation

Salary

Senior Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Calsoft (Pune).

Interview

Got contacted by the HR . Was told that they were looking for Linux kernel developers.
    Total 3 telephonic technical rounds, 1 online coding test and 1 hr round.
    first round: Two people interviewed me.Questions were ok.But the interviewers were very arrogant and rude.
    Second round: This time a senior guy interviewed me and the experience was good.
                               Questions on linked list, spinlocks, semaphores, character subsystem in kernel
    Third round: Some puzzles and c related questions.
    Online coding test: total 3 questions, solved two and did not attempt the third, it was getting way too boring now :)
    sample question: Calculate the maximum moves possible for a bishop on chess board, given the current position of bishop.
    Hr Round: Normal Hr questions.

After the offer arrived, I was not sure about it.The offer was way below my expectations and since I had other better offers, declined it.
    Hr seemed to be a liitle suspicious to me.Once I told her that I had other offers, She started to ask for details which I found were unnecessary.Overall not sucha good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Calsoft (Pune) in January 2015.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks in total.

As I was based in another city so all rounds were telephonic and on skype.
    There were 4 rounds in total:
    1. Telephonic : Basic Technical (related to virtualization and testing)
    2. Telephonic: Technical (Virtualization and storage)
    3. With Director: Technical.. mostly about the previous projects
    4. HR round.

Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did try to negotiate... but it failed.

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Calsoft (Pune).

Interview

I was looking for experienced positions and interviewed with Calsoft.
    As I was not available for an onsite interview, I had 4 rounds all over the phone or online.
    The first round was just information; the second and third rounds were technical rounds.

How to find the route a connection takes?
    ifconfig - arguments
    DNS/DHCP
    WAN Optimization
    static and dynamic IP address
    how to view contents of tarball without extracting
    how to list the structure of a directory?
    what is traffic shaping?
    what goes into a test case?
    what is the defect lifecycle
    puzzle: John’s mother has 4 kids: jan, feb, march, and?
    linux: signal sent when you kill a process
    talked about QA: logging; what would you incorporate into your logger
    what are the important aspects you would consider in a test framework
    valgrind
    What TCP ports exist; name any 10?
    SSH port number

Interview Questions

• When you ping a machine, it returns: TTL expired; what could the cause be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Calsoft (Pune) in May 2012.

Interview

Excellent and it was really good and more technical discussion, The interview knew what are the skills which were good, and the discussion was healthy and the outcome was too good. The technical discussion had everything right from storage technilogies, clod, networking, vmware and all qa technologies and concepts so equal weightage was given on all factors. All the managers and technical staf were quiet sound and the outcome was excellent too.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was excellent as they understood and paid me as per market standards.

Senior Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bavdhan

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calsoft (Bavdhan) in June 2017.

Interview

Fast, easy and straightforward. My interview was scheduled in Calsoft's Bavdhan office and the process was done in just 3 hours comprising 3 technical interviews.
    All credit goes to Hiring Manager Tushar Katangale.

Interview Questions

• Basic Python questions (data types and handling exceptions) with few programming questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Calsoft (Bhubaneswar) in August 2017.

Interview

1st round: Aptitude, LR, and English

2nd round: Coding round 2 questions

There were two technical interview rounds ….

In first technical round: I was asked to write a code based on the online test that I have given and explain the code.
    questions were asked from os and oops concept…like virtual method, virtual memory,lru…etc

In the second Technical round, the questions were relatively tough. Detailed project related questions and project related code were asked.Data structure and algorithm questions were asked….and code optimisation was the main focus.eg: If a file has 50 names and another file has 5 million names, which data structure will be best used to implement this so that searching can be done in O(n).

Followed by an HR interview.

Interview Questions

• If a file has 50 names and another file has 5 million names, which data structure will be best used to implement this so that searching can be done in O(n).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baddi

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Calsoft (Baddi) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was quite easy with basic questions from DBMS, OS, any programming language of your choice. I was also asked to write a code to check if a number is a palindrome or not?

Interview Questions

• Write a code to check if a number is a palindrome or not?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Calsoft.

Interview

Round-1) Online Aptitude, Reasoning & basic C programming knowledge.

Round-2) Online coding test. 3 programs to solve using C, Java, Python. (questions based on arrays, string manipulation etc)

Round-3) Technical Interview 1(basic questions on a programming language, os, dbms etc)

Round- 4) Technical Interview 2(thorough questions on the subject of interest, data structures, dbms etc)

Round- 5) HR interview.

The questions were up to the mark amd the interviewers were very warm.

Developer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Calsoft.

Interview

a person clear in basics of array and string can easily cross the programming round
    then in the technical round he must have a good knowledge in DS and Threads

Interview Questions

• reverse each word in a sentence and make the first letter of the reversed words capital   1 Answer