Cancer Research UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Cancer Research UK Interview Questions

Updated 21 Sep 2018

2.8

Events Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (Birmingham, AL (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

They called it assessment day, which consist of a one-hour presentation from the CCUK, following with an out-door assessment in about 20-30 minutes and a 15-minute - interview. There were about 7-8 candidates and the team was very nice and supportive.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received an invitation for an online test a couple of days later, the topics given were much more difficult than the job requirements, but I still made it passed and received an on-site interview invitation. The on-site experience was not so good. I just found the people I met were not passionate about their work at all. I could felt the interviewers were quite fake when giving their answers. I didn't think they were willing to work at cancer research.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by two young employees who had never interviewed anyone before. Despite this, they were very professional and easy to talk to. I was also provided feedback about why I didn't get the role- didn't have as much experience as another candidate. However, I was offered a place in a clearing pool to be contacted by other departments.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to talk about the things you've written on your CV and application so be prepared to elaborate.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (Islington, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Online application followed by an email invitation to an interview at Angel Building in Islington. I was interviewed by three people and it lasted approximately 40 minutes. They asked me competency based questions and I was informed 2 weeks afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Why have you applied for an internship at CRUK and what skills and experience do you hope to gain during the placement   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a project or a piece of work you are most proud of   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you have influenced others to change their minds about something   1 Answer
    • Can you tell us about a time when you spotted an opportunity to solve a problem or improve something that no on else has noticed?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK.

Interview

The interviewers first described the internship a bit to me and then asked questions. At the end I was able to ask a few questions. They were very nice and made sure to make me feel as comfortable as possible.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process took about 1 month from submitting online application to receiving the offer. It was a relatively easy process with a competency based online application form and interview.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I completed an online application form, that mainly asked about my work experience and the skills necessary for the role. About a month later, I was called in for an interview, which mainly comprised of competency based questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I heard back from Cancer Research UK within a week of applying online with an offer for an interview. The told me it would be roughly 45 mins and would be competency questions. On the day I had 2 interviewers (both very friendly) asking mostly competency based questions. The atmosphere was more relaxed and welcoming than I expected. The interview lasted about 30mins in total.

Interview Questions

Cancer Research UK Response

11 Aug 2016 – HR Recruitment Intern

Thank you very much for writing this feedback. We are really sorry that you were not successful, but we wish you the best of luck in your future career plans. Kind regards.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

No phone interview. Invited straight to the office. There did a short and simple case study with two members of the team (Not HR). Received a job offer within a week. Overall, quite nice and relaxed atmosphere.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (Islington, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Online application, I received an email with the interview offer a week after the closing date, the interview was one week late. The interview was mainly based around competencies & experience. Very pleasant for an interview. I heard back about the interview just under two weeks later.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.