Capgemini Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 18 Sep 2018
3,388 Interview Reviews

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

The interview consisted of two rounds, one technical and one HR. In the technical round, I was asked about the projects I had put on my CV. I have done some work in machine learning so that was the main topic of discussion. HR round was also easy, only general questions were asked. Questions were also based on the information provided during the presentation made by the hiring team, so keep your eyes peeled for the small details!

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe some real life applications of machine learning   2 Answers

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

7 interviews no avail: HR(1) /Tech (2) /Mgmt (2) /Sr. Mgmt (2)

Lacked professionalism in conducting interview. Lacked internal co-ordination between HR and Delivery team. Interviewers saying opposite things during Q&A, were red-flags. None of them said anything good about working at Capgemini or its culture. For a direct question: I got a response that there are many projects and lots of work. They are only focused on staffing the project not on employee, appeared to be more of a staff aug. type. Submitted to end-client without permission before finalizing offer and someone from client location reached me back. People do not matter. Hope they notice and correct.

Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini in September 2015.

Interview

Contacted by Capgemini recruiter through Linked In. Within a week had three phone interviews with company managers. The following week, I was asked to attend an in person interview event at Atlanta or Dallas. Flew me in, covered the air and one night hotel expense. Met with a VP and a Senior Manager for about 45 minutes each. In less than a week following the in person interviews, received an email from the HR recruiter saying that they were not offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• Dated recruiting model. Asked a lot of 'tell me about a time' questions. As a potential experienced hire, they said they were expanding rapidly and looking to deepen their talent base in my area of expertise, yet focused almost one entire discussion asking questions on willingness to travel and willingness to sell.   1 Answer

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

I had a total of 3 phone interviews on 3 separate occasions. Then I had an in office interview which I met 4 more people. The interview process was pretty straight forward. There wasn't any trick question. I guess they just wanted to see if I am comfortable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Don't really have one. Everything is quite on the surface level.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was much negotiation. I thought the overall compensation is fair.

Consulting Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Interviewed for 1st round on campus with a Partner and an engagement manager. For each interview one case and some fit - personality questions. Same as big 3.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a team player?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation possible - offer is the same than big 3 and they know it.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capgemini (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I received two phone interviews. All the interview questions are basic. The whole process took three weeks. I interviewed in NYC(New York City) in May. I accepted the offer in June.

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

First round phone interview. Its quite easy just basic java questions and there is a online assessment but not useful. I didn't do it and I got onsite.
    Onsite also easy questions like quicksort,arraylist. There are also a bunch of conceptual questions.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (New York, NY (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I met first with a recruiter at my university's career fair, where I submitted my resume. I attended an on-campus information session (in New York City) where I gave my resume to an employee in the Financial Services consulting division. I was contacted shortly after for an HR phone interview (basic questions like salary expectation), then a second phone interview with a member of the practice who asked questions about my experience, why Capgemini, what can you bring to this position, etc. After over two weeks of waiting I was called in for an in-person interview. A case study was provided several days prior to the interview, which we were to present. My presentation took about an hour. The second in-person interview (on the same day) involved tests of presentation skills, defending an argument, persuading someone to accept your argument and other questions related to your experience and how it relates to the position.

Interview Questions

• Using this whiteboard or a piece of paper, explain to me why I should hire you.

Case study given several days prior to the interview that was 5-6 pages long involving data sets and a fictive e-mail correspondence between employees at a bank. There were no direct instructions, but we were told to prepare a presentation analyzing the issues in the case.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini in October 2013.

Interview

1st round phone interview with employee in the division you're interviewing for. At the superday, there's a group case interview with your fellow applicants, a 1-on-1 case interview (which you're given beforehand to prepare for), and a behavioral interview. Employees are really smart and nice.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied on Campus. Attended info session, career fair table, and two pre-interview dinners/mixers. On-campus interview was short- solely behavioral. Heard back shortly after and interviewed in Chicago office. Arrived early to read through case, then went on to do three thirty-minute interviews. Two were behavioral, one case. The case is unique in that you choose from a list of solutions and explain why. I felt that the case was rushed- spent too much time asking questions to gain more information, and not enough time talking about solutions. I think this was my main issue. My interviewer talked a lot about the importance of the case but I didn't feel that I got to display my skills in working through it.

Interview Questions

• A lot of scenario-based questions- "if you were a consultant and this happened, how would you handle it?" It was hard to know how to give an example from my own experience to support my answer to the questions.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

I applied through a college career center website, and I got called in to interview on campus a few weeks later. Outside of the interview room, additional Capgemini consultants were there to answer any questions/introduce yourself to before the actual interview. Everyone was extremely personable and friendly. The actual interview, however, was really awkward. My interviewer asked a lot of random situational questions that seemed really off the wall. The gaps between questions were uncomfortable…it just wasn't a good interview to say the least. Pretty unfortunate as well because the job sounded like something I would have loved.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel it is important to work with people of many different cultures and backgrounds? Why? (or something like that)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.