Capgemini Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Capgemini Java Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Capgemini

2.8

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capgemini (San Antonio, TX (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a terrible experience! First a recruiter will call you and set up a skype interview in two weeks! Initially, the recruiter will scare you about tough and challenging interviews capgemini is famous for.. and exactly the same thing happens while interviewing... I come from biomedical field and pursuing masters in bioinformatics, however, I do have 2 to 3 years of experience in java support with TCS! Height of irrelevant interview questions::

What projects did you do in java during M.S. or B.S.? How its possible even to think of java wen I am studying bio.. OMG! expression on my face..even after reading my resume they could ask me this question..
I was expecting about What is java? method overloading? method overriding? Write a simple code in java? and PL/SQL thing? .. which were relevant to work exp. on my resume!
That man, never asked me what is on my resume...... Well he asked me like this ===>
What is dynamic dispatch method? ( Its a C++ or C# terminology).. which in JAVA means dynamic polymorphism..? Why can't they ask straight forward if both means and work exactly the same way but in different environments or languages... Well that was it and I got caught off guard in first question itself...
What is RMI? .... A JSP question... I have never worked in JSP at all..
What are virtual methods? ....again polymorphism.. but these words you won't speak in java.. so beware and read thoroughly the ORACLE tutorials for JAVA.
How would you make connection to database without using username and password? Passing password is not secure.. how to make a connection?
If client provides you only with HTML pages and says retrieve records through HTML pages and make a DB connection? How will you do?
Can main method be overridden? If not how to achieve overriding of it? Can static method be overridden? (easy question was happy :))
How to achieve multiple inheritance in java using classes and not interfaces?
Given subclass and super class.. Which constructor is invoked? what is output? Hierarchy of constructor?

DO NOT JUST MUG UP THE 110 JAVA interview questions you will find online..Better read at least 1 java book in detail and try to answer questions logically and not just vomit out everything you have mugged up like a parrot.. 2-3 days before of your interview...if you come from non-computer science background!!!
Answer all questions strategically.. Because If they catch you in one of your questions..they will tear you apart and cross questions' you and confuse you..

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Job seemed promising at first, when a recruiter contacted me asking if I was interested for a job. I am a new grad and they found me through my schools employer search. The first phone interview was with a recruiter (very very basic) just talked about my previous employers and history. Set up a technical phone interview in which one of the developers proceeded to ask me vague questions about object oriented programming. Once I screwed up my first question because I didn't know how to reply his tone changed and seemed very discouraging. So it just went down hill from there.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working with a team?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capgemini (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

hr round and then 2 technical rounds. mostly questions were asked in j2ee and Database.
    i took them 1 month to give away the confirmation, but they gave a positive response after the interview(3rd itself)

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Total 2 rounds of interview. Face 2 face technical round followed by telephonic HR round. For me they took 30 mins for face to face technical round. Questions were from all basic concepts of Java.

Interview Questions

• Collection framework, Java8 features, Hibernate Configuration, JPA vs Hibernate, Spring boot, spring core, Junit framework, Mockito Framework, Power Mockito etc   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Phone screening with a few technical questions. Next step was in person. Was sent a case study that was supposed to be discussed during the in-person interview. Interview itself was terrible. Never actually went over the case study. Was interviewed by two inattentive gentlemen. One of which was on his phone the entire time. The questions are pretty simple but they will time you. They did not seem very interested in conducting the interview.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

First part was a phone interview, which was basic. Second part involved coming into the office to present a case study and face-to-face interview. Second part is focused more on case study and software development design principles. They ask you about what technologies you would implement as a developer and why. Then they do another case study with a group of other interviewees. I got the job at the end, but declined because they would have me under contract for two years and the pay wasn't up to par with what I was expecting. But all of my interviewers were genial.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I had very good experience when i have gone for interview. Hr cordinator helped me a lot. Also it was very good interview as far as questions are concerned and it also helped me to increase my knowledge

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

A HR contacted me about a possible opportunity and I applied.It was hard. It involved three rounds.First was a general round from HR asking about my background and the technologies I am good at and questions like if I am willing to relocate. The day after, he set up a telephonic interview and they questioned me intensively on core java and web services. They also asked my previous work experience.The following week, they scheduled a skype interview.It was the toughest I faced so far. He asked me complex application based related questions and search algorithm.He asked me to share the screen and code related to collections concepts and constructors.He did ask me HR questions on how I manage a conflict in a team and what was my toughest experience so far. A week later the HR confirmed my position.

Interview Questions

• Type your name on Google and explain a code to count the number of times, your name is displayed on the page and on the URL.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Interview

In general, most of the interviewers were pushy and kept interrupting me. I believe there is also a slant toward hiring Indians as most of the people that work there are Indian. In short, I was rejected.

I have since moved on from this horrible experience and work for a company much larger. Ironically, the company I currently work for uses people from Capgemini as consultants.

Even stranger - I noticed, after several months, people kept mistakenly e-mailing me (with a Capgemini e-mail address) and confusing me with someone else at my current company. After several e-mails asking them to take me off their list, they kept on sending more e-mails. I looked up their LinkedIn profiles and noticed one of the guys doing this was one of my previous interviewers at Capgemini (!!!). I think that says quite a bit about Capgemini. Talk about irony.

Interview Questions

• Standard programming questions in the phone interview. You are then asked to do some really weird presentations totally unrelated to the position.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capgemini (Madrid (Spain)) in January 2010.

Interview

It consist in half an hour phone interview. The interviewer was a girl of human resources, mos of the chat was about my current project and technologies i was using.

Interview Questions

• What are the advantages of Spring?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.