Capgemini Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 21 May 2019

2.8

134 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

First Round is tough , if you are able to clear first Round, you are almost done,second Round is managerial Round followed by HR Round, Managerial Round will be on Project Architecture and it will be on functional of the project

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and basic core java interview questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capgemini (Bengaluru) in January 2017.

Interview

This interview was for the role of Xamarin developer and it consisted of two technical and one HR/ Managerial round. The technical round was bit average. Some questions were also asked on native app development also which i was not that comfortable. Actually the client needed a native as well as a developer who is experienced on hybrid/ cross platform app development

Interview Questions

• What are different code sharing strategies in Xamarin Forms   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Applied through consultancy. First telephonic round then f2f discussion and final HR round.
    Manager asked for onsite willingness and to work UK shift even after agreeing on this HR was offering very less amount. Very disappointing and bad way to treat good talent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Chennai) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through online and had 2 rounds cleared with ease. Questions were straight forward. Panel needs to move from FAQ to scenario based to identify the potential of the candidate.

After 2 rounds , HR initially settle down to hike of only 30% and not more than that. But after verifying current package the numbers have dropped to mere 9%. Feeling pity for the organisation.

Being such an MNC and providing a mere hike is really disappointing. Rejected the offer straight away.

Note: Stop telling candidates if your this much experienced I can provide this much.

Advice to candidates, clearly mention the expectation even before you start off with interview process whoch could save both time and energy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capgemini (Bengaluru) in February 2017.

Interview

The most unprofessional group of people!
    I got a call from a recruiter who picked my profile from a Job Portal (where all my details including current and expected CTC were mentioned). She again asked for all the details and scheduled an interview. The day I went for the interview, there was a huge queue of applicants but no proper arrangement. No water, no food, no breaks, no proper scheduling. People were called randomly and interviewed. Some people had already finished 2-3 rounds while others were waiting for 1st round. And If you wanted to go out for water/tea or any other break, you had to risk missing your turn. Some interviewers didn't turn up, so few interviews were arranged over the phone. It was a total mess. Overall it took around more than 8 hours.
    I cleared all my rounds and had discussions with the HR too about the current and expected CTC and all. Then I filled up some forms with all my details(again including the CTC details). I was told that I will get my offer letter in a week's time. After waiting for a week, I decided to follow up and the HR asked about my current CTC details again and told me that my current CTC was already higher than what they were planning to offer me !!! How can you not know my current CTC after asking for it atleast 3 time verbally and 2 times in written. Then they said that they can offer me max 10% hike on my current CTC and that too in form of variables and as per their salary structure, my take home salary would become even less than the current.
    I declined the offer. After about a 1.5 months, I got a call from one of their HRs, asking me when am I going to join? I told I never got any offer letter and I am not even interested. She said I will receive my offer letter by next day and they want me to join.
    This has been the worst interview experience and the most unprofessional group of people I came across in my professional career.
    P.S: The guys who took my technical interviews were nice :) No complaints related to them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Airoli

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Airoli) in April 2017.

Interview

Extremely Unprofessional organisation. It all started a month ago. I've given 2 technical round and 1 HR round. By the end of the rounds I was been asked I'm selected and needs to send them all the required documents. The whole process went under negotiation on my salary, during this I was asked every time how soon I can join. I was ready to join them as soon as I'll be back from the north(vacation). During my travel also they were calling me and doing all these stuff. 2 weeks had already gone and not a single progress. They sent me LOI and after all the failure attempts of negotiation when I accepted the offer. They told me the offer approval is in under hold by management and they ill approve it. During this, every time I used to call them either HR was on leave or the recruitment person or some stupid reason to disappoint me. The HR once calls me(after I send them mail), tells me management will let them whether they want to go ahead with internal utilisation or external resource, but I feel they should approve it. I mean do you guys hear what you say. On what factor do you'll even conduct recruitment. A month had on this complete process, Meanwhile the recruitment guy who always sounds dumb and has no clue about the activities happening in company tells me "I don't know what is happening, but management has kept your profile again on hold", a day before he was asking me if you can join next week itself. I said "yes". In another 10 mins he calls me and gives me the world's most believable excuse (sarcastic) "I just spoke to HR, she told me management has a few minutes back rolled out a message throughout India, that all the offers which are on hold / over budget should be taken down, which means we cannot release your offer.". At least find better excuses than those kiddish ones. You know hoe insensible you're making your management sound to others.

IGATE or Capgemini whoever you're, really either get your roots stronger or stop being fake. You guys playing with job seekers expectations. If you guys never wanted to recruit then on what grounds you'll even interview people. If you'll couldn't afford someone tell people you are poor company and cannot give that much. The most unprofessional organisation I ever came across.

I will never refer it to anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capgemini (Pune) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview experience was not good overall. Being a senior Java resource, i was judged on basis of all theoretical questions instead of real application and implementation level questions. I believe with such basic questions the candidate should not judged.

Interview Questions

• Pillars of OOP, What is difference between JPA and Hibernate, configuring spring with hibernate, hibernate caching - L1 and L2 caching.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Patna, Bihar

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capgemini (Patna, Bihar) in November 2016.

Interview

aptitute test requiring basic math aptitute
    technical interview with questions on basic programming
    second technical interview again on c, cpp, also about the projects that were done by us
    hr interview general knowledge questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capgemini (Noida) in June 2017.

Interview

So, after giving the online test, they asked me to come to their Noida office. As the HR was new and from Banglore, she did not coordinated properly at Noida. I had to wait for 45 mins just so that i can enter the campus. After that the local satff at noida told that they cant allow me inside their company as there is no local HR that my HR contact from banglore has coordinated. Lastly after waiting for 45 mins i had to give telephonic interview(it was drizling) outside the building. I was humiliated.

Anonymous Employee in Kozhikode, Kerala

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capgemini (Kozhikode, Kerala) in November 2016.

Interview

I got the offer through Campus Placements. There was a technical round followed by a HR round. Since it was my first interview eperience i dont have anything to compare it with. Nevertheless, it was a positive experience. They asked me general interview questions, my plans for the future and questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions like, tell me about yourself, what plans for the future, then questions related to my resume.They asked in detail about my experience section which was mostly positions I had in college clubs and committees. They asked IT related questions to people from CSE and ECE and other branches; they asked me if I knew anything about IT. I told them that even though I didn't have to study much as part of my course, I was quite fascinated by Big Data and I gave several examples of situations online where I noticed the use of Big Data and analytics and such.   Answer Question