Capita Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 15 Apr 2019

2.4

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Capita (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

With the Agency that Capita use. I applied online and received a telephone call to come into the office for an interview with the Recruitment Agency. I then attended and was given an interview and a role play situation, I passed the interview and had to attend an induction at the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an aggressive customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capita

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capita in November 2016.

Interview

The telephone interview was good,asking about customer service experience,different scenario's that you have experienced,whether you are a team player,how i have helped colleague's in difficult situations,what i can bring to the role.

Interview Questions

• how did i deal with difficult customers,what qualities i can bring to the company,team work,what i am looking for in customer service role   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Runcorn, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capita (Runcorn, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Was contacted to book a phone interview the day after applying and booked it for the next day at a time good for me. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes asking questions about my previous experience dealing with customers and working as a team, all easy enough to answer if you are prepared and have previous customer service experience. They told me straight away that i passed it and told me to contact to book an assessment as the final stage. It was difficult to get in touch, i tried for 3 days at different times and there was no answer, when i finally got in contact she was lovely and booked me for the next week to do an assessment. This only consisted of me and one other woman having a casual chat with a lovely guy and a task where we had to decide how much money to put towards animals going extinct. I enjoyed it a lot and came out with a job at the end!

Interview Questions

• Name one time you have helped a colleague in a difficult situation   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you've dealt with an angry customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capita (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Telephone competency based interview then onsite group interview, where yo get told there and then if your successful and given a start date. BEWARE hours specified may not be hours contracted and you find this out at end of first weeks training

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about Capita.. Then we were asked to divide money to protect endangered animals. You can't split it evenly and you must justify the logic behind it   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was available

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capita (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

First there was a phone interview, then a few days later a face to face interview. Well I wouldn't say interview, it was a group activity and you was getting judged on how much effort you put in/spoke. The activity was fun and was easy to get involved.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure you are confident, polite and just be your self.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capita (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very personable, recruiter was responsive and communicative. Felt like a person not just a number. Gave a good brief and instructions on how to get to my interview. Arranged an interview last minute because I happened to become available.
    Interview itself was as described by the recruiter, interviewers were on time and professional, felt at ease immediately.
    Questions were similar to what I had prepared, no nasty surprises.

Overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have improved a process or procedure and how did you go about it...   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capita (Leeds, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. After an initial phone interview where they ask basic competency question, I was invited for to an assessment centre. At the assessment there was a group exercise where we were presented with a survival scenario and asked to agree upon on answer from four options. After that we ran through two individual exercises. The first was via laptop where we took orders on from a prerecording exercise to place customer orders and the second was a basic comprehension exercise. The final stage of the process was a 1:1 interview that went over competencies and past experiences.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capita (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

An online application followed by a telephone interview. The telephone interview lasted around 30mins, I was asked to confirm some details and then a series of competency-based questions followed. Once this stage was passed, I was invited to a group interview where were given a task to distribute a share of £2 million between some animals. We were also being observed at this point. A tour followed, after which I was given the decision onsite.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Capita?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time you have to overcome a challenge?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time you helped a colleague while working in a team?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time you have shown good customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rotherham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Capita (Rotherham, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

i applied online and successfully past that, had a 30 minute telephone interview the next day, i was then invited for an assessment interview. In a group of 7, we were introduced to the company then given a tour of the site. After we had an assessment which was the Animal budgeting mentioned in other comments here. After a short one to one with an assessor i was offered the job subject to reference and credit history checks. Once these were cleared i was formally offered a position. From applying to starting the job took just 4 days

Interview Questions

Capita Response

16 Aug 2016 – Candidate Attraction Manager

Hi, thanks for your review. We are glad that your interview experience was good and glad you accepted the offer!

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capita in February 2017.

Interview

After sending an application online, was sent an email stating to expect a call to book an interview date. It actually took them 12 days to phone me, but after that it mostly went smoothly.
    Booked an interview time and date for the phone call, the interview itself was pretty straight forward, questions about previous experiences and how you'd deal with angry customers. Why you want to work for Capita (When booking interview date I was told to research John Lewis... no questions on that, interviewer seemed confused as to why I was even bringing them up...).
    I was told I passed the phone stage at the end of the call, they invited me for the only date available for the assessment.
    Turned up to the assessment with three other people only to find out that "sadly the position has been filled." It was late afternoon, they could have honestly emailed or phoned us to say so.
    Instead the assessment went through to put us on the hold list, really unprofessional.
    Assessment itself is what others describe, the group test on assigning money from a 2million budget to animals that most need it, each person is given one animal to take notes on from a sheet about it in 5 minutes, then they have to present it to the group and argue for the money for their animal.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wish to work for Capita?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.