Capital One Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Capital One Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.2

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

First Round: Technical and Behavioral mixed together
Then I was notified that I passed the first round, but there was going to be no second round as the entire recruitment process was complete.

Interview Questions

• What is your learning Process when approaching a new subject ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

OA-data challenge-onsite (3, 2 cases and 1 job fitting, which is to explain your data challenge to interviewer). you can find them on here . keep calm and be careful

Interview Questions

• set up your story bank and you'll be ready for the behaviural interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)).

Interview

3 rounds: SQL online test, Data Challenge, Onsite Interview
    Once you submit the data challenge, called for onsite interview. Takes approximately 2-3 days to get the result.
    Onsite interview had 3 rounds:
    2 case studies and 1 data challenge explanation
    Each round had an open ended behavioral question.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in October 2019.

Interview

The first interview was a 1 on 1 where I mostly talked about my technical experience. I was asked about what tecnologies I know, what projects I've done, and how I work in teams. I was also asked about how I keep up with new technology and what discoveries I am excited about.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

It started with a coding test online, followed up by a phone interview with the hiring manager. During the 30-min phone interview, the manager described the role and responsibility. Then the manager asked questions of specific skill sets and relevant experiences, basically screening the wanted skills out of your resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter. I inquired about Business Analyst role after understanding the JDs for both Data Analyst and Business Analyst as I felt Business Analyst was a better fit for my skills and experience, but the recruiter was keen on getting me in for the Data Analyst interview. (Unfortunately, you cannot apply to both roles, and you cannot apply for one year if you don't get selected for the role you applied for - disappointing to know the recruiters don't coordinate if there is a better fit for the candidate!)

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you use data analysis in your current role?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview. The first interview was 1 on 1 interview, and the interviewer was a data analyst. The process took 30 minutes. The interviewer would like to ask many questions to see if you were really interested in this position.

Interview Questions

• Why you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

There is a 45-minute phone interview with very casual conversation, and then they flew me to Virginia to do 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview. The first interview felt like such a nice casual conversation just to learn about one another.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you've worked on, how do you keep up to date with the next big thing?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Virtual interview, very short, very odd. Met with recruiters on campus and then was contacted for an interview about a week later. Had a virtual interview and then was given an answer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with new technology? what is your favorite new technology?... stuff like that. No behavioral questions just 3-4 questions about technology. They are probably looking for people to pry into their questions and ask more questions about the technology that they are referring to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

2 rounds. First round was done via videochat. Very conversational with a current data analyst. He asked me some typical behavioral questions (describe a time when __) but also asked me how I keep up with new technology and what new technology I'm most excited about, etc. I heard back 4 days later that I was selected for a second round. I was flown to Richmond approx. 3 weeks later, put up in a nice hotel, reimbursed for food and Lyft. I had 3 interviews: one behavioral and two case. I had never done a case interview before, but my background is in math/statistics so I didn't find them too difficult. I think my nerves got the best of me because I made a couple of mistakes but the interviewers got me back on track. The behavioral interview just consisted of three formal questions (describe a time when __). After all 3 interviews, another current employee took myself and two other interviewees to lunch on the C1 campus and gave us a tour of the building we were in. Overall a really positive experience, as everyone was extremely nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed at something, and how you dealt with that   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.