Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Capital One

4,508 Interview Reviews

3.1

Tech Interview

Interview

Three part interview: behavioral, case, and coding. There was a different interviewer conducting each part.

Behavioral: basic behavioral interview

Case: overall challenging but not crazy. Questions were related to each other building up to a prompt about Capital One buying another company and the necessary technology needed to merge the two companies

Coding: very easy coding interview. there three questions: greedy, binary tree and architecture question

Interview Questions

• Why would a company buy another company? (case interview)   Answer Question
    • Given an array of coins and an objective, find the minimum amount of coins to get to the objective   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you disagree with a teammate and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and welcoming. The majority of the questions were behavioral, and they asked for a lot of examples of past leadership experiences and past challenges circumstances.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Detailed but well organized. The recruiter was clear about the process and the expectations. Make sure you use the materials the recruiter provides to help you in the interview.Detailed but well organized. The recruiter was clear about the process and the expectations. Make sure you use the materials the recruiter provides to help you in the interview.

Business Underwriting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I had a phone screening interview where the recruiter just went through the job expectations, salary info, benefits package and asked a few simple questions. Was a lot of me listening and asking her questions. Then I took a virtual job tryout, and have yet to hear back anything from that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Awesome experience with interview everything was pretty smooth once they called. It does take them a while to call you. Had to do fingerprints as well. Like i said though overall great and easy.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Process:
    1) resume screening
    2) coding exam - fairly easy
    3) technical interview - asked about past work as it relates to the job description
    4) data challenge - 10 days to complete, fair assessment of skills
    5) panel interview

Everyone along the process was very professional and kind. The turn around from the time you finish a step in the process and finding out if you move onto the next round is reasonably paced (typically a week or less). The panel interview takes the longest to schedule. Overall process roughly 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview questions are based around your prior work as it relates to the job description.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Capital One recruiter has a tendency to ghost on potential candidates if they are not interested.
    At first, the recruiter calls you and asks you to take a coding challenge.
    Two coding challenges are presented through HackerRank.

Also, the recruiter/HR is very helpful on how the interview will be if they are interested in you. They have a guideline on what to expect.
    Due to the Covid-19 Situation, the final interview is completed on a Zoom Video Conference application rather than onsite. Four interviews that consists of two technical tests, behavorial, and a case interview. All four interviews are 45 minutes long. Due to employees working from home, one interviewer made the interview a little bit difficult to concentrate, listening to a screaming kid from the background.

One technical interview has leet code questions and the other technical question is supposed to be a white board question. But due to the interview not being onsite, the interview was more about my resume/technical background.

Behavorial interviewer asks 3 questions. Interviewer expects about 12 - 15 minute length answers using the STAR format.

Most were easy to talk to except one who seemed agitated.
    Overall, they were nice, but deceptive.

Teller Interview

Interview

basic questions phone interview and then in person - the most important thing is to connect with your branch manager. Mine was amazing - shout out to Shaban! Be sharp and prepared for the general questions, training is well structured

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

First hackerrank assessment about SQL and one select language, I used Python. Then data challenge to analyse data to solve a problem. At last, the final round is conducted online which consists of two round of case interview, one round of data challenge presentation and one round of EQ (behavioral).

Interview Questions

• A time that help someone on the team.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Initially there is a hacker rank coding quiz which consisted of two questions testing your problem solving abilities. However, after passing the quiz, I had an interview with a hiring manager that I can only describe as bizarre. The questions raised some red flags for me and even if I had received an offer, I would have declined it. I have serious concerns about Capital One management if this interview is indicative of the software engineering management team.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you read tech blogs on your free time?   1 Answer
    • Q: Do you look up answers on the internet to help solve problems?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.