Cavium Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Cavium Interview Questions

Updated 24 Jan 2019

3.1

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cavium (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Had 2 telephone interviews and 4 interviews on-sight. It was purely technical. Each interview was around 1 hour. Covered all the topics in physical design from floorplan to STA along with basic digital logic questions which I din't expect at all.

Interview Questions

• Different kinds of clock building methods   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cavium (New York, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

people is nice, tough interview, the whole process take 5 weeks and got offer. people is nice, tough interview, the whole process take 5 weeks and got offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium.

Interview

Applied through university career center. I got email from recruiter to set up phone screen interview. I was directly asked to rate myself in JAVA and no question on resume direct Data Structures.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium (Amherst, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

One on one, formal 45 min interview. XoR table, 0 to n find duplicates and how to delete a node on a linkedList. It wasnt too difficult. Should've prepare more to this interview. Havent received an answer yet.

Interview Questions

• XoR table, 0 to n find duplicates and how to delete a node on a linkedList.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cavium in October 2015.

Interview

Project Q&A such as the features of projects, the technology we used, how long time we used, what is the difficulty of this project.
    Basic circuit questions such as logic optimization, setup and hold time violation, transistor operation regions, logic effort, RC delay model, leakage, transistor sizing. All the questions are about custom design, no semi-custom ones.

Interview Questions

• what low power methods used in your projects? because my project is titled with low power.   Answer Question

Circuit Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium (New York, NY (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through the school's career fair. Talked to the recruiter at the career fair, followed by an on-campus interview the next day. The Interview wasn't that hard. The interviewer was really friendly. There were interviews for multiple positions and I heard varying things about the level of difficulty. I think all questions were tailored heavily based on the school's course material.

Hardware Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium (Amherst, MA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Got the interview the day after the career fair. 1 hour technical interview in person with a very nice guy from engineering. General questions were asked and after 10 min of small talk we moved onto the major specific problems. He only prepared questions that were for the classes the I was currently taking(electronics, signals and systems, ect) but it was only 2 weeks into the semester and I couldnt really answer any of the questions well. He also gave me a K map question that was already fully reduced. He also asked a prime number's question but the way he described it was totally different from the answer he gave. My friends who got the phone interviews later in the semester faired alot better.

Interview Questions

• Can you solve this Mosphett circuit? Can you solve this RC circuit? Write sudo code for a program that would find the prime numbers from 0-50 (he later explained the answer with the prime numbers that when multiplied together make up the numbers from 0-50). Can you write the general code for a quick sort? Can you reduce xy'z + xy+ z' using a K map (already reduced but he just gave the terms on the fly after I couldnt answer Mosphet problems).   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cavium (Marlborough, MA (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process normally involves 2 phone screens (more if they are undecided) . The phone screens tend to be rather technical. I was applying for an RTL position and I was asked to design some state machines, questions about verilog and a C related question. None of which were very difficult. I would suggest talking what you are thinking and as you are designing so that way they get a better understanding of your thought process. The second phone interview was lower level, including some rf topics. If you get past the phone screens they will bring you out to MA for a onsite interview. You will do a series of 1:1 interviews with sr. members from the group along with the manager. There is a break were they take you out to lunch.

Plan on a lot of white-board writing and mostly design based questions. Some interviewers like to test your knowledge and will keep asking more challenging questions until you do not know the answers.

Tips: Show a lot of interest and desire to work in the field. Be calm and confident.

Interview Questions

• A signal is sent between two registers clocked by two different clocks, what is the problem, and how do you fix it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not that much to negotiate, because they have a standard amount for college grads. I believe it is more flexible for experienced hires.

ASIC Design Interview

Interview

Initially one phone interview, then onsite for 5 rounds. The phone interview covered some basic knowledge of digital design, and the interviewer asked about some simple design questions. The onsite interview was focused on design questions, and was pretty tough for candidates who have little interview experience in ASIC design.

Interview Questions

• Some interesting RTL/logic design questions. Pay attention to the performance/area of the design.   Answer Question

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cavium.

Interview

I applied through their online career portal/ jobvite and asked to interview a few weeks later. The interview lasted roughly 30-40 minutes with questions ranging from my qualifications to technical questions to test my abilities. The interviewer was generally a nice guy however he seemed a bit tired/unenthused about the interview from the get-go which seemed to put a damper on the conversation.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.