Cedar Fair Interview Questions

Updated 20 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 55 of over 55 interviews

1.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cedar Fair

Cedar Fair

Application

I interviewed at Cedar Fair

Interview

It is an online interview with you recording yourself answering a few interview questions. You were only allowed to record each answer once before moving on. You have one minute to read or listen to the question.

Interview Questions
  • How would you make a guest's day memorable?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Silver Spring, MD) in Mar 2021

Interview

I had a one-way video interview where I was given questions one at a time and had several attempts to record a response. The questions were not behavioral; rather they were about areas of experience related to the job posting.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have experience doing [activity related to the job description]?

Cedar Fair

Application

I interviewed at Cedar Fair

Interview

overall easy interview, standard for sales position, asked standard questions, i was surprised at how much of a standardized process it was - would interview again if asked - it was nothing unexpected

Interview Questions
  • how long have you been in sales?

Cedar Fair

Application

I interviewed at Cedar Fair

Interview

After submitting my application, I heard from the recruitment person within the next week very fast. We set up an appointment and had a very nice, laidback interview over zoom. She answered all of my questions well and I felt very comfortable

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2020

Interview

Tested on simple math and interview with department head. Very easy test that anybody can pass and just a simple usual interview with the head of the departments which changed recently.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2020

Interview

it took around two hours since there were a lot of people but it was quite easy. just be confident and smile a lot when they ask questions. eye contact is very important too.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Charlotte, NC) in Jun 2019

Interview

I applied about 2 months before I received an email about setting up a phone screening with HR. The screening was pretty simple. She reviewed my background and reviewed the background of the role, and why it was available. However, I had some sketchy vibes from her when we discussed compensation. She asked how much was my base pay and if I made a bonus. This is something HR reps are not actually allowed to ask candidates. She then told me it would be a stretch to get what minimum I was asking, then reviewed why I couldn't get that much. I know what I am asking, and with my background (experience and education), I was within industry standard. It was a bit of an uncomfortable conversation after that. She asked where I was with my job search, if I was interviewing elsewhere, or if I was close to an offer. It didn't seem that would be appropriate to ask candidates. That job seems great, but if they are asking for someone with 2-5 years experience, they shouldn't expect a low salary. They also shouldn't ask what someone is already making, just what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Kings Island, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Kings Island, OH) in Feb 2019

Interview

Very relaxed and easy. Walked into a waiting room filled with about nine other people. We were then all taken to a different room and separated into groups of five. First thing we had to do was write out names down, then draw three things that represented us. We then stood up, stated our name, and explained the three drawings. Then, we were all given a small sheet of paper which had a question on it. (Different question for each person.) We had to share the question and answer it in front of our group. After that, we did another activity where one person looks into a box for thirty seconds and has to memorize how a house of blocks is made. Then they walk back to the table, and try to tell their group how to build it. They can't use their hands. After that, we were sent in to another room where we waited about 5 minutes. Supervisors then came out and took different groups of people away. Once they got to the rides department, we were sent into yet another room where they essentially hired us then and there. No real interview questions or anything. The did actually ask what rides we wanted to work at, and once we said what rides we wanted they assigned us there. This surprised me because everywhere I've read online they say first timers don't get to choose. Then we were handed some paperwork and were given appointments to come back and go through processing and orientation.

Interview Questions
  • What was a time you made a mistake at work/school? How did you learn from it?

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Easton, PA)

Interview

Group interview. People grouped together and told 2 truths one lie, built a marble task, and picked a stuffed animal that represented us. Overall it was a good experience. And

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandusky, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Sandusky, OH) in Jul 2018

Interview

First I spoke with a recruiter in the pre-screening process (about 15 minutes). Second I spoke with the hiring manager (all on the phone at this point). The final round of interviews were conducted in person. I interviewed from 9 am until about 1pm with 4 people. One person was the hiring manager, another was the VP of HR, another was an HR Generalist, and the last individual worked in finance.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 55 Interviews