Cedar Fair Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Cedar Fair Interview Questions

Interviews at Cedar Fair

1.7

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Charlotte, NC (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied about 2 months before I received an email about setting up a phone screening with HR. The screening was pretty simple. She reviewed my background and reviewed the background of the role, and why it was available. However, I had some sketchy vibes from her when we discussed compensation. She asked how much was my base pay and if I made a bonus. This is something HR reps are not actually allowed to ask candidates. She then told me it would be a stretch to get what minimum I was asking, then reviewed why I couldn't get that much. I know what I am asking, and with my background (experience and education), I was within industry standard. It was a bit of an uncomfortable conversation after that. She asked where I was with my job search, if I was interviewing elsewhere, or if I was close to an offer. It didn't seem that would be appropriate to ask candidates.
    That job seems great, but if they are asking for someone with 2-5 years experience, they shouldn't expect a low salary. They also shouldn't ask what someone is already making, just what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to move?   1 Answer

Rides Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Island, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Kings Island, OH (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Very relaxed and easy. Walked into a waiting room filled with about nine other people. We were then all taken to a different room and separated into groups of five. First thing we had to do was write out names down, then draw three things that represented us. We then stood up, stated our name, and explained the three drawings. Then, we were all given a small sheet of paper which had a question on it. (Different question for each person.) We had to share the question and answer it in front of our group.

After that, we did another activity where one person looks into a box for thirty seconds and has to memorize how a house of blocks is made. Then they walk back to the table, and try to tell their group how to build it. They can't use their hands.

After that, we were sent in to another room where we waited about 5 minutes. Supervisors then came out and took different groups of people away. Once they got to the rides department, we were sent into yet another room where they essentially hired us then and there. No real interview questions or anything. The did actually ask what rides we wanted to work at, and once we said what rides we wanted they assigned us there. This surprised me because everywhere I've read online they say first timers don't get to choose. Then we were handed some paperwork and were given appointments to come back and go through processing and orientation.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you made a mistake at work/school? How did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Park Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Easton, PA (US)).

Interview

Group interview. People grouped together and told 2 truths one lie, built a marble task, and picked a stuffed animal that represented us. Overall it was a good experience. And

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandusky, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Sandusky, OH (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

First I spoke with a recruiter in the pre-screening process (about 15 minutes). Second I spoke with the hiring manager (all on the phone at this point). The final round of interviews were conducted in person. I interviewed from 9 am until about 1pm with 4 people. One person was the hiring manager, another was the VP of HR, another was an HR Generalist, and the last individual worked in finance.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair in March 2018.

Interview

I applied through recommendation from a career fair at my university. I had one phone interview, followed by a Skype interview. I heard back the same day as my Skype interview and accepted.

Ticket Taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Apply online or in person, it takes them about 2-3 weeks to get back to you depending on the park. they'll call you in for a interview. first there is a group interview where you will have to do stuff with people you don't know, and they'll give you scenarios to answer. as long as you make sure you are outgoing and have good teamwork you should be fine, after you get the job there is a one on one interview with the manger of your department

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair in January 2018.

Interview

It was a Skype Interview. The interviewer was very nice, the interview was very laid back mostly behavioral questions. It was about 45 minutes long, but felt like a regular conversation.

Interview Questions

• If you could choose between being a doberman pincher, poodle, and a jack russle terrier which one would you be and why?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

They asked a few questions but not much. They did a team building activity together. We lened each other's names and about each other. I would say it was really easy and fun.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked at a theme park   1 Answer

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Buena Park, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an interview scheduling within a couple of days. The interview was more of the manager babbling about his experience rather than really trying to get to know you. Overall it was fine because you get a thorough overview of the position along with unnecessary comments. The only reason why I find it to be a negative experience is the lack of professionalism with the manager. He did not follow through with his schedule of interviewing applicants and deciding on who to give the position. Waited an extra month on top of the scheduled time he said he decide. Wished he was more organized and professional about this as it affects one's internship hunting experience.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Allentown, PA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was a group interview of about six people. I was the only merchandise associate and the rest were for security. I felt like I was in the wrong interview, but they really don't care who is interviewed together. They had us work as a team to do weird activities such as building a structure out of blocks identical to a previously shown image and choosing a stuffed animal to describe who we are as people. There were only two actual questions and we were supposed to all answer as a group, even if you didn't agree with the answer of your group members.

Interview Questions

• If a customer bought a day pass ticket and requested a refund because it was raining, what would you do?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.