CeleraOne Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 12 Jun 2018

2.4

Backend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CeleraOne (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

I was assigned a simple task: developing a web application that interfaced with Github's API. Then I went through a series of Skype calls with engineers and CEO of the company.

The first interview probed my technical skills. In the second interview we went through my solution to the task assigned, and they did some more probing of my technical skills.

I believe the third interview was performed by a higher ranking engineer (CTO maybe?), and we mostly discussed the company's operations and stack.

Finally I met with the CEO, and we discussed my interest in the company, operations, and compensation.

From first contact I had a fantastic time, everyone (HHRR, Engineers, CEO) was approachable and accommoddating

Interview Questions

• They asked about the expected Python stuff: Decorators, using mutable objects as function parameters, etc   Answer Question

Backend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CeleraOne (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

I applied to this job online and they sent me a programming task saying that if I completed the task I could expect feedback from the developers and then a skype interview. I specifically asked the HR person if I completed the task well if I would definitely get an interview and she told me it wouldn't be a problem. The task itself was extremely simple but a bit time consuming. I spent probably 3 to 4 hours on it and then submitted it. After spending all that time they responded a couple of days later and said that they had other candidates more suitable for the position and wouldn't be able to give me an interview. I responded back and asked if they could give me any feedback about what was wrong with my solution and was completely ignored.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to create a simple web app to interact with the Github API   Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CeleraOne (Berlin (Germany)) in September 2017.

Interview

First got a challenge to do at home with one week time. After that I had two one hour technical interviews onsite, one about programming (two simple whiteboard coding questions and got shown some python code and asked what I'd improve) and one about machine learning (fairly basic questions describing how some methods work, how to evaluate models, bias/variance trade-off etc. Never went too deeply into technical details). Next round where 45 minutes with the CEO, which also had a small whiteboard coding part and some chat about me and the company. After that I got invited for a 6 hour onsite interview, but had to decline as I already signed somewhere else in the meantime.

Except for the last round I always got feedback within one or two business days. In each round there was enough time to ask questions about the company/work.

Senior Frontend Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CeleraOne in January 2017.

Interview

Technical task and you need to submit your code, after then an interview about your code source and discussions why you did this and that.

I succeeded in all the steps and I was invited to meet the team ( to see if the inter-personal connection with the team works or not ), then one day before that meeting they send me an email that they're busy and can't do this meeting for now ( nor in the near future ) - who will wait for indeterminate date? ( also they had a bad review on glassdoor ) So sent them back that I'm going to be actively looking again and ofcourse as I've seen the reviews already they dont give answer and respect to their candidates! - and right now am glad that didn't work with them -I got an offer from a bigger and more serious company-

Systems Operations Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CeleraOne in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for python developer. They sent a task. I finished the task, and applied back. After a week or so, they said that during verification process they reviewed my resume and thought that I am a good fit for a system operation position. I agree to take the task for system operation position, and sent the completed task back. Afterwards had an interview with development team head. Interview wasn't much technical. At the end Interviewer seemed to be satisfied, and said that I am a good fit for position, and he will provide positive feedback. 3-4 days past they sent an email saying that they have to reject for some internal reason, and it has nothing to do with my experience and knowledge. What a waste of time..

Machine Learning Engineer (M/F) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CeleraOne (Berlin (Germany)) in June 2017.

Interview

Passed through 3 stages of the hiring process with this company:
    1. Test task (Successfully implemented task and sent them back. Got response that my solution fits their expectation)
    2. Initial Skype (~60 min): company goals, general questions, experience, education etc.
    3. Technical Skype (~40 min): questions about previous projects (some questions crossed with Initial Skype interview), classical ML methods, expectations from this position.

Wasting of 3 weeks for this process. And finally, they didn't provide any information, why they rejected an application.

Interview Questions

• To rank the sensors according to their importance/predictive power with respect to the class labels of the samples (on Python)   1 Answer

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CeleraOne (Berlin (Germany)) in March 2018.

Interview

I went through all the stages of the process.

1. A challenge. I did it fine and it was relevant.

2. Two Skype technical interviews. One of them was missed because the interviewer "forgot" the interview schedule.

3. Onsite interview, one by one with everyone there. This round is very unnecessarily cumbersome where I had to talk with the whole department including some juniors who did not know much about what to say, and there were many duplicated questions from different people.

I waited for two weeks before the company got back to be asking if I would like to work for them, and discussing visa and procedures. I interpreted this as a job offer but I was wrong. They turned completely silent after that. Even when I pushed them hard, they always said they need more time to decide.

There have been many negative feedbacks about this company's interview process, so I can confirm them. Don't go with them. They don't respect their candidates.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.