Central Garden & Pet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Central Garden & Pet Interview Questions

Interviews at Central Garden & Pet

2.6

Business Development Manager Interview

Interview

Initially all seemed well and professional. An initial screen with the HR Recruiter, followed by a a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was given a timeline for re-contact.
    Emailed both of them w/separate "thank you" emails, and followed up with the hiring manager discussing one of the pain points they had mentioned.
    I have never heard back from either; not even a courtesy email saying they had moved on.
    Its very easy for companies to forget that candidates are also interviewing them, and while a "no" would be disappointing, at least the communication is professional and appreciated. To fail to follow up at all, or even acknowledge a candidate YOU reached out to is unprofessional and says a lot about a company.
    They clearly also forget that candidates can be customers, or in this case now *former* customers who will be sure to tell the garden club and dog training contacts about the kind of company Central Garden and Pet is and encourage everyone to shop their competitors.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was around an area that has no known solution.   1 Answer

Central Garden & Pet Response

15 Mar 2020 – Director of Talent Acquisition

I'm sorry to hear your experience was not positive. Many interview questions are designed to hear the candidate's thought process, not necessarily the right answer.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet in March 2019.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview where I was asked about my resume and experience. A week later I was asked to come in for an onsite interview in Walnut Creek. I gave the times I was available that week and received a clear and organized interview schedule of the times and who I would be meeting with along with parking instructions. The interviews followed the schedule I had received. Most of the questions asked were situational. A little less than a week after I came onsite, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were given a challenging or difficult group project, what role did you take in the group to complete the project?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

applied online, got a call from the territory manager was asked to come in the next day. went in interview was super easy asked basic questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for us? and stuff like that. very straight forward interview process.

Interview Questions

• how can you stop a customer from buying competitions product?   1 Answer

Central Garden & Pet Response

15 Mar 2020 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer and Welcome to Central!

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet.

Interview

Easy phone and in-person interview. Phone call lasted about 20 minutes-the territory manager explained the position and asked basic questions. Was asked to meet at a local distributor where the territory manager explained what you'd do on a normal day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered a difficult issue or situation at work and how you solved it   Answer Question

Lead Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neptune, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Neptune, NJ (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

The hiring process I think they did a great job, they did background check and did a urine sample. This helps me know that my coworkers are reliable and a safe work environment

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to be part of central garden and pet   2 Answers

Agronomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Madison, GA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Very professional and in depth. I participated in a phone pre-screening interview with talent acquisition, phone interview with head of research, and final interview with upper management of the division in which I was applying for a position. All were conducted in a very professional manner with excellent questions to enable me to provide the detailed information on my background/experience.

Interview Questions

• What was the reason I wanted to leave my current employment to pursue this position?   1 Answer

Customer Service Order Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Boise, ID (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Very easy going and friendly interview. They were up front, honest and described the job accurately. I would recommend to my friends to apply at Central Garden & Pet Supply it is simply an awesome place to work.

Interview Questions

• What was my weakest strength?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Walnut Creek, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Short phone interview, then an in-person interview about a week later. Was questioned and quizzed briefly on technical skills. Specifically asked very on-the-surface questions about my experience working with big sales data, and not anything beyond that. No mention of Algorithms or data science.

Interview Questions

• Walkthrough of Educational background and what interested me about the position.   Answer Question

Accountant - Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Boise, ID (US)).

Interview

Straight forward process. Send application, resume, cover letter & contacts.
    Receive call to set up interview which would be scheduled as quickly as possible, most likely the next day.
    Interview is held in a room as close to the front doors as possible with two low lvl managers and no cross committee members.
    I received a call to let me know they would like to send a job offer within 20 minutes, received another call within the hour from regional personnel manager , and finally got my offer letter and salary/compensation packet the next day via FedEx.

Interview Questions

• It's a very basic interview.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you think you are a good candidate for CG&P?
      Tell me about how you handle conflict?
      Where do you see yourself in 5, 10, 15 years?

There are no questions to see if you are a good fit for the monotony of data entry that is required in the position. Instead, the interview focused more on personality as low lvl management is interested in finding people that are positive and willing to bolster management where possible.   1 Answer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. Interviewed with someone from HR first before interviewing with someone more involved in the role. The gal from HR was extremely nice, however she asked a lot of illegal questions (do you live alone, do you have a family you live with, do you rent or own a home etc.) that made me feel very uncomfortable and raised a red flag because HR should know better! I interviewed then with someone else within the company who seemed very involved in the role I was applying for. He was nice, but quickly seemed to become bored and disengaged in the interaction. He said they would get back to me by middle of the following week- which did not happen. I had an experience very similarly to another post below- I had contact information so I reached out to ask for an update etc. I got a rejection email from HR within a matter of just a couple of hours. Why tell an applicant a specific time to expect to hear from you and then not follow though- makes me wonder about the company as a whole. The whole process really left a bad taste in my mouth with how it was handled.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you produced results.   1 Answer
    • What can we do better as a company?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in Central?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.