Cerner Delivery Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Cerner Delivery Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Cerner

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Received a cold call from what seemed like a recruiting call center - I had applied for an internship over 3 years ago! But luckily, I happened to be job searching at the time.

After a screening with the HR recruiter, they flew me out to Kansas City for a day of on-site interviews. They were very accommodating with the travel arrangements, including a limo service from the airport to the hotel and a $50 AMEX gift card as reimbursement.

There was a good size group (maybe about 10 others) rotating through interviews that day, 3 very standard behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

Low salary, no desire to live in Kansas city

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)).

Interview

Had one phone interview of general/behavioral questions. Then had one on-campus interview that was 2 30-minute interviews of behavioral questions. Heard back about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that you delivered news about failing at a goal   Answer Question

They call the position "consultant," but if you are trying to get into consulting this is not the place for you. All this position includes is IT support for clients that buy Cerner systems. Also, bare minimal starting salary for work that demands overtime to meet client needs.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

I heard about the job from a friend from college and decided to apply to the Velocity delivery consultant position. My friend wrote me a referral, and within a week of sending in the online application I heard back from HR to set up a phone interview. It was very basic with simple background questions. Later that week, I was invited to campus for a Welcome to Cerner day. I could not make this recruiting day, and they were very friendly about scheduling around my set schedule. I went for the interview and had 2 interviews. Mainly behavior based situational questions, nothing big. I then ate lunch with a recently hired person of the same position. He was very honest about some of the "behind the scenes" info of the company. Within a week I was offered a position and given two weeks to respond.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation in which you had to solve an unexpected problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied to the website and was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. She set up a phone interview via e-mail, and it went well. She told me that she'd be in contact with me soon to set up an in-person interview. About 2 weeks later, she sent me another e-mail to set up the interview. This process was very organized. The day before I was sent directions, was told to dress in business attire, and was given directions of what to do when I got there, and the names of the people I would be interviewing with. I was to interview with 3 people. Once I arrived, I was greeted by the support specialist who was extremely nice. She took me to the room I was going to interview in, and i interviewed with the 1st manager, and the 2nd manager thereafter. Each interview was about 25-30 minutes of hypothetical questions. I was then informed that the 3rd manager couldn't make it, and I would here a decision by the end of the week. I never heard back from the recruiter. All in all, it was a pretty neutral experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you get someone resistant to change to adapt to new technology?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Had a first round phone interview before being invited out to the campus for the second round. The phone interview was low stress, started by asking me to describe some of my previous experiences (skills they required, what I learned from them, etc). The hr rep went on to ask two behavioral questions, after which he invited me out for a second round interview and started taking information for travel accommodations. I haven't made it out for the Cerner experience interview yet, but I'm told it involves a tour of KC and dinner the day I fly in and 3 interviews the next day (about an hour and a half) with a tour of the Cerner headquarters and a few information sessions. The day is over by 2pm and you're on your way home by the early evening.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a situation where you had to deliver bad news to a superior.   Answer Question
    • Describe the approach you took in a situation where you were required to teach something to one of your peers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Consisted of one detailed telephone interview and 2 one on one interviews. One was a behavioral interview, and the other was a traditional resume-driven interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where the requirements of a project changed, but the deadline did not. How did resolve this?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salaries are not very negotiable starting out because they are standardized

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter at the beginning of the interview. The recruiter asked me basic questions pertaining to my resume and she seemed impressed with me so she offered to fly me to their headquarters for a face-to-face interview two weeks later. I flew in on a Thursday night from Orlando and stayed at the Hyatt, which was a nice hotel. I was picked up by a driver who took myself and another individual to Cerner. Once I arrived, I was taken to a room to be interviewed by three different people. The questions were behavioral questions. Each person interviewed me one by one. After the interview we were taken on a tour and then to another room in a group for a presentation about the job position. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest achievement?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when a coworker didn't follow through with a task and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in August 2008.

Interview

I was flown from Chicago to Kansas City for the 1:1 interview after passing an initial phone interview. Upon arrival in KC I was met by a private driver in a towncar and driven to the campus. The interview proceeded through 5 individuals. After it was over, I was driven back to a hotel (it was late) and housed at the Hyatt and given dinner. I flew home the next day and was offered the job 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Regarding the most difficult decision maker / boss / executive you have ever worked for, describe several instances of conflict and how you handled them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was significantly more than I was currently making and I did not negotiate the already generous offer.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

Great atmosphere to work for. Initial phone interview and then they flew me down to Kansas City for two more interviews, and a group/panel discussion. All interviews are behavioral ones so study up on behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which something adverse happened, what was the result and how did you react?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Started out with a phone interview, then they invited me out to Kansas City for follow-ups. The company flew me out there, bought me lunch, gave us a presentation on the role and then interviewed us individually. Was interviewed by two different people. Interview questions were all behavioral-based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered problems with a teammate, and what you did.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.