Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cerner

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Design questions and behavioral questions. Make sure you look at all the reviews. STAR pattern is the key for behavioral stuff. For technical stuff make sure you prep on a basic level.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Easy interview. First round is a hireVue and then a phone interview and then a in pewrson interview. Easy questions on OOP concept but dont know what basis they decide. Got all my answers right and the interviewers seemed to be very impressed but dint get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Temperature class , Medication class, diff between string buffer and stringbuilder, garbage collector in Java   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

It was a campus placement. First round was a written test for analytical and logical testing. The second round was a technical interview. Was asked to write code for two problems and a few java related questions. The last round was an english round, same as TOEFL but much easy. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

Round1
    Received a Hirevuew assessment which had 6 behavioral questions and 1 coding question and 2 easy memory games.
    Tip : Behavourial was easy and normal that included Tell me about ....
    Coding : Again Leetcode easy, if you have been doing LC consistently it should be an easy ball for you

Round 2:
    A call with recruiter asking about Visa status and 2 questions like Why cerner ? and where do you see yourself in 5 years. 20 mins call

Round 3: Two technical rounds with Engineering team
    Each round had class design question and resume based discussion
    Tech 1 : Design Temperature class

Tech 2 : Design Medication class and there was one more where I was given Log file to read and had to tell the engineer what could be the cause.

Overall I had a positive experience and both the interviewers were really nice and friendly and were willing to help if you I was stuck. Sweet people and never made me feel that I was in an interview rather they portrayed it as a casual conversation which boosted my confidence further. Lastly, both the engineers were very experienced and knowledgeable people and I enjoyed collaborating with them.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Standard will ask you to write and explain an approach to a system. scenarios will be given as follow up questions.
    usage of threads, interfaces, enums, OOPS principles in general.

Interview Questions

• write a patient app with users, treatment, and scheduling interface.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner in October 2020.

Interview

OA + Phone Screen + 2 rounds of VO
    The interview questions are almost covered on Glassdoor.
    BQ + OOD for VO
    BQ + Easy Coding for OA
    The recruiter is pretty efficient.

Interview Questions

• Design Temperature Class
      Design Scheduling System
      Not so many BQ for me, but a lot for some candidates.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Hueview interview for the first round, six behavior questions, one algorithm, 2 games; HR phone screening after that with general questions; Virtual onsite for 2 rounds, each for one hour.

Interview Questions

• Hueview - Why Cerner?
      Virtual onsite - OOD questions, no Algorithm questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

First stage is a leetcode like coding problem. If you pass, you get flown out to their company in KC and do two more interviews with either a manager or current engineer. The questions were consisted of behavioral questions and mostly OOP questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you took leadership?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

It was highly technical round and lots of question about Object oriented concepts and methodology. And behaviour was mainly around STAR regarding give me a scenario and all that. That's pretty much it.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

From campus, got an on site interview opportunity and it was fairly medium level questions. Starting with 2 technical interviews and 1 behavioral based round, each about 45 to 60 minutes. All the rounds were conducted on same day and at end of the day, results are announced. After/before the interviews they show you around the office and provide you with lunch.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.