Cerner Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Cerner Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Cerner

2.5

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

Interview

Received and email requesting phone 1:1 interview. Passed and did 2 Skype interviews. Was interesting because the Skype interviewers did not turn on their video. Once I found out that I passed the interviews I received an email with a deadline.

Interview Questions

• A time you had a difficult situation and what you did to overcome it   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Went to a information session at school. Submitted my resume at a career fair. Heard from a recruiter a month later. Had an initial phone interview (how you heard about them, why the health care field, one or two behavioral questions). Got invited to Experience Cerner day, but I chose the Skype interviews because it was during finals. Exactly two weeks after my interview I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a professor/someone at work give you two conflicting demands.   Answer Question

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

So I applied online through Cerner's website. I sent my resume and cover letter and did not receive a response until about 2 weeks later. They asked for a phone interview which was quickly set up. This consists of basic HR questions - tell me about your current job, how did you hear about Cerner, are you interviewing anywhere else, are you legally able to work in the U.S., and where do you see yourself in 5 years. This lasted for about 15 minutes and it was over. The recruiter then asked me to send my college transcripts. 2 days later, I was asked to fly out for Experience Cerner Day which is 2 days long. The first day there's a tour of Kansas City and an overview of Cerner, then a dinner. It's all very relaxing and laid back. The next day, you get a tour of Cerner's campus and the interviews start. I had 2 back to back interviews with one interviewer. They are all behavioral/STAR questions and you just have to use the experiences you have. The interviews are to last 30 minutes but both of mine went over time. They just want to get to know you and see if you'd be a good fit. I received an offer about 3 business days after the interview (I needed an expedited answer though so I'm not sure if this is the norm) From beginning to end (applying online to receiving an offer) took a month and a few days.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied online through their website. Submitted a resume and cover letter. Had a phone interview that lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was asked about my resume, school, previous jobs. There were also a couple of general behavioral questions. I was told I would hear back from them about an in-person interview in Kansas City but I did not. Followed up twice via email and phone and never heard back.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview asking to explain my resume and one behavioral question regarding what I would do in a certain situation. Was immediately invited for an interview on site for the following week. Was flown up for the onsite interview and put in a nice hotel for the night. Had a tour of the city the night before the interviews and a dinner with some current employees. The day of the interview had two back to back thirty minute interviews with current employees that asked all behavioral questions. Interviewed on a Friday heard back on a Tuesday so very fast turn around.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Behavioral questions... Tell me about a time when...?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No offered me 47,000

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Pleasant, and a very accommodating. On Thursday (Feb 26), we were taken on a tour of Kansas City, MO, followed by a dinner at the Hilton in downtown KC. Most interviewees stayed at the Sheraton, but i am a KC native so I didn't need that accommodation. On Friday, we were to be at Cerner for the interviews and Experience Cerner day. There were 2 30 minute interviews, that were relatively relatively low stress if you came prepared. In all, a great experience.

Interview Questions

• All questions were behavior based (so be prepared well in advance for "describe a time when" questions).   1 Answer

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was very basic. It was simple background questions about my qualifications and experiences. The Experience Cerner Day (ECD) went very well. It was extremely laid back and relaxed. You have a quick overview of the company, interviews, lunch, and tour. To this day, I am still shocked I did not receive an offer. I had a 3.5+ GPA from a top ranked University in the Midwest. My interviewer even told me my interview went well. Cerner is the type of company where "It's who you know, not what you know." Overall, I was very impressed with the company, and also extremely glad I found a better opportunity for myself. From what I've been told, they work you to death.

Interview Questions

• Phone: Describe a time you had to teach someone something technical.
      ECD: Describe a time you had conflicting demands. Describe a time when you had to do something that went against the group you were working with. Describe a time when you implemented a change.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Started off with a 30 minutes phone interview and at the end of it they requested that I fly out to Kansas City to continue the interview process. They took care of all the travel arrangements and expenses and worked with your schedule. Once there they had two 30 minute interviews with us. We then did a tour of the facilities and the day was over.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to explain something very technical to somebody that had no technical background   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Having someone inside helps. I set up my online application and within 48 hrs got a "sorry, we don't want you" even though I had work experience in a hospital and a good GPA. My friend handed my resume to a recruiter and two hours after getting my resume she sent me an email asking me to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was really easy and lasted nearly 30 minutes. Just be nice and answer the typical STAR questions as best as you can. At the end of the interview she asked me when I could come on campus for a campus interview. They don't always do that from what I'm told; sometimes people were only asked a week/a week and a half later for a campus interview.

They provide transportation (fly in to KC if you're out of area) or reimburse for gas if you drive (I drove in), as well as provide a night of lodging in a pretty nice hotel. You can have dinner with the other interviewees which can be awkward (as you can imagine) or go and explore the city to your pleasure. The campus interviews were not so bad as well. You should know about the company, why you want to be part of it, and what you can contribute to the organization. Know Cerner buzzwords like solution=product, associate=employee, client=client. Know some of the solutions and what they do. I had two, 30 minute interviews back to back and they asked typical STAR questions. At the end they told us to expect an offer (or no offer) within one to two weeks. A week and a half later I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult member of a group?
      When did you provide excellent service?
      When did you innovate last?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had never negotiated a salary before and at first I asked for $300K as a joke. She didn't have a sense of humor and asked if I was serious. I quickly sobered up and asked for 2K more and got it more or less instantly without any haggling.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

The process took less than a month. I applied on line and after two weeks had a phone interview. During the phone interview they asked me about my resume, why Cerner, and to describe a time that I solved a complicated problem with little to no information. I was then invited to the Cerner campus to Experience Cerner Day.
    This was a two day event, and there were about 35 people all applying for the same position or internships. The first night we went on a tour of Kansas City and then had dinner at Providence, the restaurant in our hotel. During dinner we sat at tables of four to six with a Cerner associate. We were able to ask them questions and find out more about the job.
    The next day we went to Cerner headquarters and were taken to a room where we were able to play with ipads. After that there were two 30 minute interviews back to back. All of the questions were behavioral, i.e. "tell me a time when...". A lot of my questions were about how a time where I had to handle stress. The interviewers were very nice and willing to talk about their experience with the company.
    Every person working at Cerner wore jeans and the atmosphere seemed very laid back. After the interviews there was a presentation about the Velocity program, a presentation about Cerner, lunch, a tour, and then a panel discussion with three current associates. We were told to expect a phone call saying if we had an offer one week to two weeks later. I heard back exactly one week later.

Interview Questions

• I didn't think the questions were too difficult. A lot about handling stress and working with new technology.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. I was on the high end of the offers already.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.