Chevron Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Chevron Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Chevron

2.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Got a call on an online job application I completed a few months earlier and had already forgotten about. I had applied several times over the years and never got a response before, I expected this to be the same. I was told that interviews where being held the next week. I opted to go late in the week to give me time to prepare. I spent two whole days preparing and practicing responses to behavioral questions, watching youtube videos of interview techniques, reading the panel members linkedin profiles etc.
The whole process began with a short phone interview with HR representative and actual face-to-face interview was with a three-person panel. They explained their organizational structure and the responsibilities of the role then asked me to talk through my resume. I walked them through chronologically placing emphasis on skills relevant to the job being interviewed for. They seemed friendly and impressed with my experience. It lasted about an hour, which I thought was short. I was ready for more.
I received a call the next day from HR saying that they loved me and would like me to provide 3 references. Within a week I had a verbal offer and compensation expectations were discussed, they seemed reluctant to negotiate and offered me exactly what I was currently making, but at the end the official base salary offer was about 9% better than what I agreed to verbally.
Currently doing drug and background checks before a start date is fixed. This process is said to take about 2 weeks. I am spending the time doing some more interviews in San Francisco, but I am likely to stay with Chevron except of course if one of these companies makes me an obscene offer that I can not refuse.

Interview Questions

• How do your personal goals and values fit in with Chevron's?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Verbal negotiation with HR, but they were did not move up at all on the call. They seemed content to tell you about the benefits of working for such a great company. But it is always good to state a number and see how they respond.

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager, asked basic questions about me and knowledge of the position. Too many questions about my current work that didn't seem relevant to the job. Found out 2 weeks after the interview that they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• At end of the interview asked me how much I currently made.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Months after applying, I got an email from their staffing person asking for more information and proposing a time to chat over the phone. The email had my name badly misspelled and also erroneously referenced another job that I had not applied to, clearly a bad copy-paste job. I hesitated to even reply but I did, sending them whatever they asked and also proposing a time to chat. Never got a response or acknowledgement.

Lo and behold, the following week I get frantic phone calls and a voicemail saying this was my phone interview time. I called back and told them I never got so much as an acknowledgement of my emails and assumed they hadn't read it. The staffing person unapologetically said that he gets a lot of emails and then proceeded to go down a list of boilerplate screening questions. Even if by some miracle this lengthy process moves forward, I would be reluctant to deal with such a dysfunctional recruitment apparatus, which is a shame, because I think the firm overall is nice.

Interview Questions

• Basic screening questions, experience, salary and travel expectations, etc   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Initially contacted by the agency. Setting interview took a month. Panel interview with 7 people structured like ping pong match with questions coming from everyone. Mostly behavioral and personal questions. This was followed by the test on job specific issues (case study form). Then was waiting for a month to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult situation with your boss on your previous job and how you resolved the case.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Fairly easy and most of the questions were job related and behavior based.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview based on current and previous job experience, description and examples.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.