Citi Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Citi Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 7 Feb 2017

3.4

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Opened up with a case study, then proceeded to one on one interviews. They were very welcoming and inviting to talk to. There is nothing to worry about as long as you are prepared. I found that the interview wasn't extremely numbers based. They were more focused on getting a read of your personality. Act confident and know what you are talking about!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Referred by a university alum about Full-Time openings in late August. Went through 4 phone screens, 3 of them with associates who were extremely technical and 1 VP who was all behavioral. At Superday, was given a 1 hour "finance" exam and then 8 20 minute interviews, ranging from analysts, associates, and VPs with questions revolving heavily around technicals (some from standard interview books, others completely out of the box) and prior internship experience. Overall, everyone was extremely nice and the process was very streamlined and efficient.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Two Phone Interviews with vice presidents. Both asked mostly tech questions. Overall experience was good. Not too grueling. Just make sure you know the classic IB questions. Interviewers were very nice

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was on campus with an alumni working in the IB group. He was quite arrogant and gave off the vibe that he, and Citi, were better than me. He focused on obscure technical questions and was very combative when I offered a response that was not exactly what he was looking for.

Interview Questions

• What is 7 cubed?

What is the best metric for valuing a company?
      Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very Easy and Standard, some of the employees were following a script and looked uninterested beside a young one who came up with his own questions and that was the best part of the interview, original, hard problems. As an engineer I had fun at this part as he was asking questions that neither he didn't know the answers to. He appreciated my quantitative system analysis approach and we stayed in contact afterwards

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF (standard)   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

Was referred to a the position by a friend in the group. Sent my resume and shortly after was contacted by HR. Had an intro call with them, a couple days later received an email to schedule a phone interview. This was an extensive phone interview with about 6 different members of the group varying in seniority. Extremely technical questions, very few behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Can enterprise value ever be negative?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

All the basic banking interview questions (valuation, walk me through your resume, etc). Spent a lot of time going through my background. Overall, not very challenging. I think others might have had different questions.

Interview Questions

• There really were no difficult or unexpected questions. I had already been in the process elsewhere so I knew what to expect.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I was recruited through the campus career center. A few days after submitting my resume and cover letter, I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview about why I am interested in the position. After the phone interview I was asked to come to to NY office for a full interview in the next few days.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Did not proceed with actual interview due to Citi's inflexibility in interviewing/hiring process length.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi.

Interview

What do you know about IB?
    What your thoughts on long work hours?
    IB Summer Internship?
    What deal had done?
    Follow up Question: Research on Industry Section of the deal you had worked on
    Do you follow the news on Finance Industry?

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.